+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

From the MTV site:

Show Summary
    For three years we have lived, loved and come of age with the teenagers of Laguna Beach. This season, we're moving up the coast... to Newport Harbor! Join a new group of friends as they discover new loves, face new rivalries and suffer new heartbreaks. On the road to their first kiss, the newest, hottest couple at school contend with an overprotective father and a girl that's used to getting everything she wants. Meanwhile, former best friends compete for the affection of a sophomore beauty. As they prepare to leave their childhood behind, they'll find that high school isn't always a day at the beach. New beauty, new town, new love and new faces: Newport Harbor - The Real Orange County.

The Cast

Chrissy
    Pretty and popular, Chrissy is a senior who grew up in Newport Harbor and is lifelong friends with Sasha and Grant. An only child to doting parents, Chrissy has recently blossomed into a head-turning high school senior. As smart as she is beautiful, Chrissy has three colleges to pick from as she prepares to leave the family nest. While everything seems to be going her way, Chrissy longs for the one thing that has eluded her: a boyfriend. Now that the hottest guy in school -- a junior named Clay, who also happens to be her neighbor -- has taken an interest in her, Chrissy appears headed for a storybook romance. Along the way, though, she'll need to navigate roadblocks including her protective dad and rivals for Clay's affection.

Clay
    Clay is a junior and although shy with girls, he is regarded as Newport Harbor's hottest guy. Born and raised in Newport Harbor, he takes full advantage of his oceanfront playground. Whether he's fishing from his speedboat off Balboa Island or surfing on one of Newport Harbor's famous breaks, Clay catches girls' glances wherever he goes. Clay's humble attitude belies his looks and he often turns to Grant, his gregarious friend, for a boost of confidence. While it seems Clay could have any girl he wants, his shyness has kept him from having a relationship. But when Clay develops real feelings for Chrissy -- and she responds accordingly -- it could be his chance to break out.

Allie
    A stunning senior, Allie is the girl that all the boys want and all the girls want to be. Allie seems to have it all: a beautiful home on the tip of Balboa Peninsula, carte blanche with her dad's credit cards and a hip family-owned restaurant where she holds parties for dozens of her friends. But all this wealth and confidence masks a vulnerable side to Allie. She may be a huge flirt with the boys -- including Clay -- but Allie really longs to rekindle her romance with her 7th grade boyfriend, Chase. Apart from romantic challenges, Allie struggles with leaving her privileged life behind as she prepares to strike out on her own.

Grant
    While only a junior, Grant rules the school. Whether it's throwing parties, his luck with the ladies or his money supply, Grant is the epicenter for entertainment. Grant is constantly living up to his nickname G-ball (for "Goofball") and keeps a smile on everyone's faces. Not one for wanting a serious relationship himself, Grant is content to act as a sounding board for both his childhood friend Chrissy and her new crush Clay. Former childhood friend Chase has recently turned into Grant's nemesis, as they compete for the affection of Chase's on-again, off-again girlfriend, Taylor. After spending a summer at military school, Grant is trying to reform his bad boy ways ... or at least think about his future beyond Newport Harbor.

Chase
    A strapping senior, Chase lives just a skateboard ride away from the surf shop where he works. He has a way with girls; no matter how many hearts he breaks. Although he's dating a sophomore named Taylor, he openly flirts with his ex-girlfriend Allie, and often gets in hot water with both of them. To make life even more complicated, Chase has a bitter rivalry with his former best friend Grant as they often compete for the same girls. For the time being, Chase seems to regard love as a game to be won. Although he acts as a player at school, he has a close relationship with his mom and brothers, who he has formed a tight bond with since his parents' divorce.

Taylor
    While Taylor looks like she just walked off the pages of Sports Illustrated, she is really just a sophomore in high school. When she's not with girls her own age, Taylor hangs out with Chrissy's clique. The boys have taken notice of Taylor and the attention presents many challenges for this fragile girl. She wants to be serious with her boyfriend, Chase, but he seems to have an eternally wandering eye. When other boys, including Chase's arch rival Grant, show an interest in Taylor she is torn.

Sasha
    A loyal childhood friend and neighbor, Sasha is part of Chrissy's inner circle. Blonde and beautiful, Sasha and Chrissy share a passion for tennis and are partners on the high school team. Their heart-to-heart talks often occur courtside between matches, where Sasha gives Chrissy advice about how to get closer to Clay. Apart from scholastic achievement and school crushes, the girls also share a value system instilled by their strict parents.

The Friends
    Let's face it. In Orange County you're nothing without your best friend. Here are the friends that make the cast of Newport Harbor complete. When Chrissy and Allie seek out relationship and life advice, you know that they will be here for them.

Samantha

Samantha is Allie's self-proclaimed "bestie for life." They do everything together and vow that no boy will ever come between them. Samantha is Allie's loyal defender and often gives her advice on boy troubles. Also good friends with Chase, Samantha is sometimes caught in the middle during his heated battles with Allie.

Courtney

Courtney is part of Chrissy's clique, along with Sasha. She supports Chrissy in her quest for Clay but cautions her to watch out for other girls who might swoop in on him. Already in a relationship with boyfriend Jasen, Courtney is always ready to help Chrissy as she navigates the hurdles and heartache of a first romance.

The premiere is on Wednesday, August 15th at 10:30 pm ET/PT.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-24-2007 at 06:07 AM.

Re: Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

I just saw an ad for this show last night. The write-ups make them sound much nicer than the OC clique. We shall see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2487925;
    I just saw an ad for this show last night. The write-ups make them sound much nicer than the OC clique. We shall see.....
    They do look much nicer than the Laguna Beach cast. I think the drama is going to between the boys. Ex-best friends fighting over a sophmore. Hmmm....

Do any minorities live in the OC???

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;2489210;
    Probably. Wasn't that girl last year half black? Gosh, I can't remember her name. I can barely remember anyone from season 3 of Laguna Beach.

I am so excited! I can't wait. When does the show start airing. It feels like I have seen 3 million ads for the new season of the Hills, but have somehow missed this. I will have to check the MTV website for the teaser.
    Did I say I can't wait? Because I can't wait!

I actually think this will be a good season. I hated LB3 and I'm ready for a fresh start in a new place (although not that far) with new people. I also get good vibes from this cast as a whole. Plus, Clay is a cutie unlike the 35 yr old paid actor, Jason, who somehow had cast a spell on all the girls.

I just watched the trailer on the MTV website and wow! It looks so good! I think I am really going to like this show. The cast is much more attractive then the last season of LB, but I still can't help but get a little nostalgic for the LB bubble. Chrissy is absolutly stunning and I can't help but think she looks a bit like a more attractive Kristin. There is just something there that makes me think of her. I think I have to go watch it again. I can't wait!

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

Oh man, I'm so excited to read about this show. I was missing my Laguna fix for the summer...I'm glad they're not going back to the same kids from last season, they just weren't as interesting as the original cast.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;2489210;
    No. They do not. And anyone without money, connections, large breasts and preferably blonde hair is considered unworthy of existence on this planet. :nono

Not that I experienced any of this when I lived there or anything... Oh wait: I experienced all of it. Never mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast