+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

Re: Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

I just watched last night's episode on MTV.com and I was still enjoying it...I like this cast better than LB3. A few thoughts/comments:
    -Chases's mom: She hasn't had too much plastic sugery has she?
    -I didn't think I would like Allie at first, but the way she turned down Chase and then didn't rip into her friend for kissing him impressed me. I don't know that I wouldn't have wanted to kill my friend if she did that to me.
    -The way Clay was dancing with that other girl was creepy. He just kept looking down at her goodies and it was weird.
    -They also seemed pretty buzzed at the party. Clay especially.

yeah Allie surprised me too. I thought she was going to be this season's bitch but she's actually pretty nice.

Clay is very, very, very hot. Wow. I am feeling a little bad for this one, considering I am a 30 year old woman and he is maybe 17.

I can tell by this board that this show is not picking up like LB. That makes me sad. I want it to stay around.

Comments on last nights episode:
    -The conversation between Chrissy and Taylor at that store was incrediblyy awkward.

-Clay seemed so pissed at Chrissy.......but he was the one who failed to seize the moments with her. Chase seemed to be able to get her alone without her father....he should blame himself and only himself. Chrissy made it pretty obvious she was in to him.

-Chase is so funny being upset with Taylor for going to dinner with Grant. Are you kidding me? (And did you check out that car he was driving? Hot)

-Chrissy looks so cute riding her bike around. Can you have ever imagined Kristin ridding a bike on LB? she just got ridden like one Kidding, Kidding. I joke, I joke.

So, from what I gather from this tread, this show is not taking off too well.

I'm still watching. But I'm not enjoying.

I just don't pay attention to it. I even reached the point where I don't want to pay attention to it. I'm seriously hoping it'll get better from here.

In some old posts, people were saying that they're liking Allie when they thought she would be the hated one. I predicted that the drama would be between the boys instead of the girls, and I guess I'm right. Chrissy doesn't seem to have any hatred towards Allie, and vice versa. But on the other hand, Grant and Chase are bitter rivals, fighting over Taylor, a beautiful sophmore.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2553840;
    So, from what I gather from this tread, this show is not taking off too well.
    It's been overdone...the rich kids at the beach town, the trivial drama, the tears and the hook-ups..

...after Laguna Beach, the whole thing just got boring

I think for me, it's bad when I can't tell them apart. Without the name titles I'd be completely lost. The guys all look exactly alike to me and the girls aren't much better.

I had to take this show off my TiVo list, along with The Hills and Real World because MTV isn't putting descriptions on the episodes. So TiVo records ALL the showings. I found 10 Newport Beaches in my queue one morning and they were all the same episode. Any TiVo owners here who know how to get around that?

I never could get into the show from the first episode. I couldn't stand the way Chrissie's dad called her so much and her voice saying "Daddy" just grated on my nerves.

for me, Laguna Beach was just a more sort of magical place...i really fell for the scenery and the small town feel, the town itself. And the kids just seemed to have more life.

I miss LB.

lily

Like a poster before me said, the premise of the show is overdone. We've seen it on Laguna Beach, and we've seen it on many shows MTV has produced. 8th & Ocean, that one show about cars, Maui Fever (I think that's what it was called), all these shows follow people around in their every day lives, doing... well... what they're doing.

And also, there's the Hills, which has much more enjoyable characters that create lots of drama. I think the majority of viewers prefer that show to this one, which just recently had its season finale.

So yeah, I don't know what MTV can do with Laguna Beach/Newport Harbor anymore. Which stinks because I really liked it in the past.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast