+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Sydney

Re: The Real World: Sydney

Did anyone else see the season preview? Since it aired on television, I'm not going to put the following in spoiler tags (but I will for the huge spoilers).

So it was hosted by Blair, the guy that hosted the after show for the RR/RW challenges. Also on the show to add their commentary on the new season and cast was:

Randy, San Diego
    Colie, Denver
    Wes, Austin
    Paula, Key West
    Svetlana, Key West

They played each of the castmembers' audition tapes and clips from the season itself. First, we got to see Issac and Shauvon's tapes.

Let's see if I can remember this. So Issac was talking about how he always gets in trouble with the police. He talked about the several things he did to get in trouble with the law, which included getting drunk at age 15 and putting sugar in someone's gas. They gave him the choice of going to jail for 9 months or going to a treatment center (I think it was a treatment center, I can't exactly remember). He chose the treatment ceneter, and he learned not to be drunk every day. He is also admitted to being a "boob man."

Shauvon talked about being a columnist. A sex columnist. Her mom at first didn't like the idea of her being a sex columnist. Shauvon didn't say anything about what her mom thinks about it now. She is very competitive when it comes to other girls. She'll give them a challenge.

Then a clip from the show that focused on Issac and Shauvon aired. The two of them have a special relationship. One moment, they are sparks between the two of them. Then the next moment, she's throwing drinks, and they're yelling at each other.

The next two to have their audition tapes air were Dunbar and Parisa. Dunbar talks about his girlfriend Julie. He thinks their relationship natrually evolved. He also thinks it's sexy how she's willing to do anything for him. I also remember him saying how she trusts him. I think I remember him saying that he's "more proud to be southern than to be American" (he's from Mississippi).

Parisa is a Muslim, and she has known since she was little that she was seen different. She said that "it's more accepted to be prejudice towards Muslim people." The whole experience has made her stronger as a person. Parisa also just learned how to reject a man. At first, when a guy said she liked her, she would be estatic that a guy actually liked her.

Then a clip of these two aired. There's a flirting relationship between the both of them. In one scene, Parisa is shown rubbing lotion over Dunbar's body. In another season, Dunbar is carrying Parisa all the way home. Then they're shown fighting. Dunbar called her a high-maintenance bitch, and Parisa got mad. That's all I can remember.

After that, the audition tapes of Cohutta and Kelly Anne were shown. Cohutta has a very thick country accent. I think he builds log cabins for a living, if I was hearing it right. I really don't remember much from his audition tape. Ummm... oh yeah, he has never been on a plane or even in an airport before. So the whole experience will be new to him. And he lives in Georgia with his parents and his sister, Hope.

Kelly Anne's audition tape started with her stating the top ten things she despises. I remember #3 was smelly people. Another one was bad teeth. She thinks she's a cute girl, and she also thinks that this season will be better than the Real World: Austin.

Then a clip of them two aired. Kelly Anne is shown flirting with Dunbar and Cohutta. I think she likes Cohutta better. With Dunbar, she whispers in his ear while they're in the hot tub. With Cohutta, they talk about having babies and having fun while making those babies. Also in the clip: Kelly Anne hears Parisa talking about her in the bathroom, saying, "I'm not paid to babysit." Kelly Anne confronts her, then talks to Trisha (?) about her, saying, "Bitch, when the f*** do you babysit?"

Finally, Trisha is shown. She received a chastity ring when she was 12, promising she would remain a virgin until she was married. She tried really hard, she even was the last virgin among her friends. But then she said, "It just happened." Trisha also stated that she loves her boyfriend very much, she still goes out in dates with other guys.

A clip of her was shown, and she looks like she'll create a lot of drama. She's shown getting mad at other girls, particularly Parisa. But honestly, that's all I can remember.

I can barely remember what Blair, Randy, Colie, Wes, Paula, and Svetlana said about the cast. I remember Paula and Colie liked Dunbar, and Paula called him a beefcake. Randy predicted that Shauvon and Issac would hook up, and that Parisa and Dunbar would have something between them. Wes thinks that Dunbar and Parisa will be the sixth and seventh castmember, which means that they'll be the castmembers that won't be shown throughout the season as much. Also, Wes isn't that fond of Kelly Anne, and he prefers Trisha over her.

Click to see Spoiler:
    A commercial came on during the show, and it showed a black girl in the house. So yeah, I think she's definitely Talhada.

Out of this cast, I like Shauvon and Kelly Anne. And maybe Dunbar.

Okay, so first off, thank you Aaron2005 for telling me where to watch the premiere. I'm on vacation next week, so I thought I wasn't going to be able to watch the premiere. So it's a good thing for me that the first two episodes were on OnDemand (I'm guessing MTV will premiere the first two episodes back-to-back on August 8th).

I had high hopes for this season. I was probably more excited for Sydney than I was for any other season in the past. And let me just say, my expectations were matched. I was so sad when I finished watching the episodes simply because I wanted more!

My two favorites are Cohutta and Shauvon. Pre-show, I thought Kelly Anne was going to be my favorite of the season. She's not. I mean, the girl has her sweet moments, but for the most part, I didn't like her. On the other hand, Cohutta straight up cracked me up! I hope he keeps it going. And as for Shauvon, I thought she had her funny moments also. I always like the funny people.

The house rocks. The location of Australia rocks. If I had to pick a season to be on just based on the house and location, I would pick Sydney.

I won't put this in tags since it's nothing big, but they're doing something new with this season. The castmembers' names appear on your screen when they're in the confessional. I know it sounds confusing, but you'll understand when you see it. I kinda like the idea; it gives you time to get acquainted with the cast, who's fairly new to some people.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm putting this in spoiler tags for the people who haven't watched the premiere yet.

I laughed when Issac and Shauvon were in the confessional room making out in the corner. When Dunbar opened the door, Issac immediately stopped kissing her and sat on the chair, pretending he was really saying something to the camera.

I can't believe there's a split in the house already. It's interesting, but it's weird at the same time. They haven't even known each other for a week and already they're in seperate cliques. It's good to see the girls in the different cliques try to make amends with each other.

Seriously though, I was shocked to see who made up the cliques. I thought it would be Kelly Anne and Parisa vs. Shauvon and Trisha. My surprise, it's Kelly Anne and Trisha vs. Shauvon and Parisa.

I missed this, does anyone know when it will be on again?

FORT Fanatic

Last edited by Aaron2005; 08-02-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Alright, I watch this, and it looks like their is going to be plenty of drama with the girls this season and lots of fights.

Ok, I changed my mind. I'll watch this : The girls are the only ones worth watching. It sucks that they fight over these guys though.

The thing is they need to do a much better job with the previews/trailers that's the only thing we get to see before actually seeing it, if it sucks then some people (like me) might not even want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandongr3;2503162;
    Ok, I changed my mind. I'll watch this : The girls are the only ones worth watching. It sucks that they fight over these guys though.

The thing is they need to do a much better job with the previews/trailers that's the only thing we get to see before actually seeing it, if it sucks then some people (like me) might not even want to see it.
    Glad to decided to watch it. The first two episodes were really good IMO.

Well I'm looking forward to this, it looks like it will be a good season, or at least I hope so.

Is this show coming on at 10 on wednesday?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2508210;
    Is this show coming on at 10 on wednesday?
    Yeah

+ Reply to Thread