+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RW/RR Challenge pasts

Re: RW/RR Challenge pasts

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2558379;
    I think the only chance of us ever seeing any old seasons of the Real World, Road Rules, or the challenges is if they're over. Like as a goodbye present, we get a whole marathon (that would last a month ) of all the Real World episodes ever made.
    Yeah that's what they did with 1-4, but they can't show them again because they sold them into syndication. I have up to season 10 on VHS. The DVD of Season 1 sucks because they couldn't use the original music.

Did you ever switch San Francisco over to DVD Karna 68?

No, remember I couldn't find one of my tapes. Going to be cleaning out the basement soon so hopefully I'll come across it.

[QUOTE=karna68;2559778;]No, remember I couldn't find one of my tapes. Going to be cleaning out the basement soon so hopefully I'll come across it.[/QUOTE

Hopefully, what was your favorite challenge season?

Oh gosh, it's been so long. Any of the earlier ones I guess, before they started having the same people on them all the time.

I found Battle of the Sexes 1 and the first Gauntlet on YouTube, so I'm bumping this thread back up.

I read through the 3 pages of this thread, and I spotted a few posters that I miss seeing around FoRT.

But anyway, BOTSexes1 and the Gauntlet I were both great. BOTSexes1 was actually the first season of a RW/RR Challenge that I saw, but I was pretty young back when it aired, and I didn't really pay attention since I would only watch it when my older cousins watched it. Same with the Gauntlet I. My first full challenge was the Inferno I, which was great. The Inferno I actually got me obsessed with the franchise, but my obsession started to fade away after viewing the more recent seasons of not only the RW/RR Challenge, but also of the Real World and Road Rules (but I can't really say much for the latter 2 shows since I've only seen the newer seasons of both series ). I barely made it through 3 episodes of the Island.

But anyway, my obsession is slowly coming back after viewing both of the challenges more closely. The Gauntlet I is now my favorite challenge I've seen. Seeing Sarah become the Queen of the Gauntlet was awesome. As much as I want to see her again, I think it was good for her to stop coming when she did since she can never admittedly top her performance. I also like RW Rachel, RW Theo towards the end, and Coral. Even though she ended up causing her team to lose, Coral brought a sort of essence to the show that isn't seen in the recent challenges. After she was heartbroken when the Miz voted for her, you can see that these two had a special bond with each other. We don't really see bonds like Coral & Mike's in recent shows. It's more about partying it up now. And you can't forget the infamous spider bite. My heart was racing when I saw her suffer greatly from her allergic reaction, even though I've already seen the episode when it originally aired and knew she was okay.

Not all of the episodes of BOTSexes1 have been uploaded (13 ep's are up), so I'm eagerly awaiting to finish it, even though I know how it ends already. Minus the first episode with the drama between David and Puck, this show started off on a wrong foot with me. It was kinda boring. But then it started to progress, and that's when I started to love it. I didn't pay all that much attention to BOTSexes1 when it aired, so I forgot pretty much everything about it except the end result. I read comments about Emily being a bitch before I watch the episodes on YouTube, and I didn't see why for quite a while. Then I watched episode 7, and I realized why Emily was famous for being a bitch. I wish she would come back to the show, but she swore not to return, and I guess she meant it. And even though she might seem catty, she was totally spot on about Rachel and Veronica, who ended up being two of the most notorious bitches of the challenge. I actually ended up quite a few people on this challenge: Ruthie,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    who is back in next challenge, the Duel II, yay!
    , Ellen, Genesis, Blair, and Colin.

He's kind of dull, but I miss Johnny as the host, and I wish he would come back to replace TJ (who I hate). And it's funny seeing Tina and Tonya in these challenges because they're very tame. Then they became some of the most well-known characters of the challenge. I find it ironic that Tonya didn't want to participate in the "Battle of the Opposite Sexes" mission, which required them to take off their clothes, when in later seasons, she has no problem appearing in the nude.

Although the posts were submitted back in '07, I agree with the other posters in this thread. The RW/RR Challenge needs to bring back more fresh faces rather than the typical people we see each season. People like Katie, Coral, and Beth are great for entertainment, and I don't mind seeing them come back, but I want them to bring back a few people who appeared on older seasons of the Real World/Road Rules. The last season that had an eclectic diversity of people was BOTSexes2, and that was back in '05.

Sorry, for the major long post. If you guys want to watch the two challenges again, the user is TheEntertained.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Its funny cause "The Miz" and Coral didn't get along at all during their Real World time. But they totally bonded in the challenges.

FORT Fan

I like the older challenges too, mainly because as time went on it was just the same people over and over again. I didn't think Fresh Meat was so bad because it at least brought in new people. Unfortunately it unleashed Kenny on the world, and I hate that guy.

The last episodes of BOTSexes1 were recently uploaded, and I took the time to finish the season. Again, another good season of the RW/RR Challenge. I wish really good seasons like The Gauntlet and BOTSexes1 would come again. All of the recent seasons have pretty much been duds. The last good challenge for me was The Duel, but even that season started off on a bad foot. I disliked it very much when it first started. But when it started to progress, I started to really enjoy it. My favorite part was seeing Svetlana's domination, which was especially enjoyable when she creamed Kina in the duel. Ugh... if only she had won the final challenge. That would have been icing on the cake.

Well anyway, although I was rooting for the ladies, I still really liked this season. I can't help but wonder if they would have won if they had knocked down their blocks. But that was probably unlikely knowing that the men finished 45 min ahead of them, and they probably could have solved the puzzle on their own within 45 min.

What I liked was that every person that made it to the end was likable in their own sort of way. That ensured a satisfactory outcome, whatever might have happened.

I think the show needs to go back to the 30-min format. The one-hour format works out so well for The Real World... but not so much for the challenge. With the 30-min format, they showed the little drama in the beginning of the show, the challenge in the middle, and the elimination at the end. It's at simple as that. We don't need to watch long, drawn out, one-hour episodes of the show. It gets boring quickly.

Also, please bring back Johnny. He's dull, but he is miles better than TJ Lavin.

I have an undying love for Ellen and Ruthie. I wish Ellen would come back to do another one of these shows. But she's probably doing something way better with her life. A nice little cameo appearance would be greatly appreciated though.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And Ruthie's back on the next challenge, so yay! Hopefully she can win this time.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 01-09-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I started watching sporadically during Battle of the Seasons but I watched religiously during Battle of the Sexes. I LOVED Emily because she was the original bitch. None of these new girls can hold a candle to how she played the game. Veronica claims to have invented the game but way before her was a little blonde named Emily that was amazing at convincing people to vote how SHE wanted them to vote to get the people she hated out. She even convinced the level minded, fair Ruthie to vote a top competitor off not once but TWICE. She was entertainment gold and I wish she'd come back.

Sarah from the Gauntlet season was another one of my faves. I always liked her on Road Rules, and I loved how she seemed to prove everyone wrong, even when her own RR castmembers wanted her gone (Rachel & Darrell.)

These new challenges have nothing on the older ones. I actually missed most of the Island because I couldn't stand to watch people like Kenny, Johnny, Paula, etc. try to boss everyone around. They really think they're god's gifts to the challenges, but I'd honestly rather watch paint dry. They don't entertain me in the least. I'd love for the real veterans to come back and put some of those tools in their rightful places.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast