+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Real Worlds past

What were your favorite seasons? Your memorable moments?
    Do you still hum "Come on be my baby tonight" from the New Orleans season?

My favorite season was San Francisco, followed by the original NYC group. I don't like the current roommates as much. I do wish MTV would follow up on some of the older cast members, but I bet some want to be left alone.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    My favorite has always been the original NYC cast...loved Julie (a 'Bama girl)...loved that entire cast!!!

Second favorite cast would be the cast with Pedro....that season was meant to happen to teach people about others dealing with AIDS....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

GoJames&Chelsia! MozzerellaStick's Avatar
    I didn't watch any older seasons of The Real World except for Chicago and Las Vegas. The whole town watched Las Vegas because of Trishelle.

There I admitted it! I live in the same town as Trishelle did.
    RENNY
    Big Brother 10
    The Mole
    I Love Moeny

FORT Fogey
    I know that a lot of people hated it, but I loved the LA season. I think it is because it is the first one that I watched. Some of the people were annoying, but I loved Jon's crush on Irene, and the friendship between such total opposites as Dominic and Aaron.

I didnt' like the San Francisco season as much when I was watching it, but looking back at it, I like the people who were on that one the most. So I think it holds up teh best for that reason.

MTV does have the earlier seasons of the RW on their site. Hopefully it will educate some of the newer viewers of how good the show used to be before it became so trashy.

FORT Fogey
    I discovered the other day that Wikipedia has a chart on their Real World entry that lists each season, and the names of the roommates for each season. It was fun looking through it and discovering how many people and stories I'd completely forgotten about! For all the ones who show up year after year on the challenges, there are a bunch of great former Real Worlders who we virtually never hear from anymore. Ah, the good old days when 20-something people would go on the show for the chance to live in a great house more so than because they were chasing stardom!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2177560;
    Ah, the good old days when 20-something people would go on the show for the chance to live in a great house more so than because they were chasing stardom!
    Or a roommate to hook up with. Back when it really was a social experiment.

FORT Fan
    Thank you so much for starting this thread. This is fantastic.

My favorite moments would have to be David in New Orleans "Come on Be My Baby Tonight."

In Seattle my favorite moment was when David was dating an MTV employee which was totally against the rules and the cameras followed him in a truck when he was trying to secretly meet up with this women. The women ended up losing her job because of this.

Seattle - Irene getting slapped by Stephen because she said that a relationship between them would enver work out because he is gay!!!

Hawaii - Ruthie was my favorite character. She was basically a good person, she was just using alcohol to fight her demons. Amaya and Colin, Amaya wanted to be with him and he was trying to avoid her. Amaya and the whole STD scare.

Boston- Loved the whole cast.
    Last edited by adriansmommie; 12-14-2006 at 10:15 AM.

FORT Fogey
    the back to New york, original NYc and New orleans.
    the last i have really watched is Chicago. i haven't been following it since then.

Great thread! Now we won't get admonished for taking over the real World Denver thread

I loved the first real world. When Heather and Julie were walking the dog and Heather fell over I died laughing. She saying that she hated that dog and was going to kill it! Anyone remember who's dog it was? The shows were so realistic back then. They didn't need to add alcohol to add drama, the cast members supplied that all on their own.

While I was disgusted by the way the LA cast treated David. I did enjoy their season. Each of the cast members had real lives to go back to when the season was over. The first hint of people being on the show to be famous was Tami in that cast. Anyone remember she went on that dating show and tried to fix it, so she would win the prize? She was also in a girl group.

Write more later

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast