+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

FORT Fan

Re: Real Worlds past

Sorry if this was already discussed, but how come MTV hasn't had any of the past Real World seasons come back to live with each other again, like they did with the first Las Vegas season? I know it could be tough to get all of the cast members of a particular season to agree to it, but as long as they could get just about everybody back.

Is anybody watching the marathon? I saw some episodes of the original New York season and three things stood out:

1. It first aired 21 years ago, but I still remember those episodes like they were yesterday
    2. The women had normal voices instead of that quacking baby talk that has since become an epidemic.
    3. The cast members had depth and actual interests, which made them interesting to watch.

I thought I'd just outgrown the show, but watching the old seasons it's even more apparent that the show just took a sharp turn starting with Vegas. Too bad, because the first few seasons were really good.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I liked the seasons in the beginning where the people actually went out and found work and stuff. At some point finding a job and going to school stopped and it just became a free party.

FORT Fogey

Candor. Agree with everything you said! I loved the realness of normal people interacting and living their lives. I watched wondering how much all of them are still in touch. I was also amused at some of the "how times change" things such as what an issue taking phone messages for the one phone line in the house could be, the way they actually had to TAPE a TV show if they weren't home, how when Julie was waiting on her mom with Irport delays, checking the Internet wasn't a solution, and the way they talked about smoking in the house and it was absolutely not an issue of " is it allowed". It all drove home how much the world changed in 20 years. Also agree that Las Vegas totally ruined the franchise.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fan

How many different seasons were included in the marathon? I saw that the San Francisco episodes were on the one day, that was my favorite season. Did they kinda have little reunion get togethers with some of the seasons?

Real Worlds past

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    A Rep is a much more prestigious job but as for fame, The Miz has all of them topped. The chick from London might be in movies but how many of those have people seen? Poseidon is her biggest role and that movie was a massive bomb.
    I've never see The Miz as wrestling holds no appeal to me. Jacinda was beyond fantastic in Ladder 49, Bridget Jones and I love seeing her on Suits. Judd from San Fran works in the same field as my cousin who is a graphic novelist and cartoonist so I love seeing what he does. Though not from the Real Word Theo V from Road Rules is fairly well establish as a stand up comedian ever since he was on Last Comic Standing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

They started giving the housemates a pie job and they couldn't even do that. It was an embarrassment or should have been for them. I also think that substance abuse can really make an enviroment dysfunctional. At some point, it's just too dysfunctional to function. MTV seemed to love that apsect of the cast and pushed the envelope more and more. Eventually, it's just not amusing anymore.
    AmyKay likes this.

They did the first season on Friday I think...original Las Vegas Season on Sat, and then the San Fran season Sunday or something of the sort...they didnt have any catch-ups, That would have been nice. I actually have the first season on DVD and havent watched it in a while. I stopped REALLY watching around the time of San Diego, catching bits and pieces of other seasons but never watching a whole season.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I used to be an avid viewers of Real World. Eventually, it became too painful to watch. It was like a drunken, horror show. It lost its appeal. I'm surprised that so many of the house guests have survived.

It was worse than what I witnessed in college. My first year, my roommate and her crew went out and got drunk out of their mind every night. (Except one night and that was the night before her court hearing for DUI when her dad was there.)

+ Reply to Thread