+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

FORT Fan

Re: Real Worlds past

For those who dont know, the current WWF Champion is none other then RW NYs Mike "The Miz" Mizanick

Most famous RW/RRer yet? Id say this beats Eric Nies and his crappy work out vids.

I saw that the Miz had "won" the title. For me, Sean Duffy being elected to the House of Representatives trumps a WWE career, at least in importance....even if I don't agree with his politics.

Jacinda Barrett (RW London) is an actress - she's the most successful former RW-er, IMO: Jacinda Barrett - IMDb
    She's managed to work and build a career over the past 10+ years and her time on RW is hardly ever mentioned any more. To me, THAT'S success!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

A Rep is a much more prestigious job but as for fame, The Miz has all of them topped. The chick from London might be in movies but how many of those have people seen? Poseidon is her biggest role and that movie was a massive bomb.

I had no idea he was even in WWE until about a month ago when he was on George Lopez. I guess I'm just not impressed with the Miz and his WWE career. I mean, good for him, but I just won't watch that stuff.

For me, Jacinda is just more successful. Jacinda has done quite a few films that were critically acclaimed. I'm sure lots of people who know who she is, don't even know she was on RW. Poseidon was crap, but working with Anthony Hopkins (The Human Stain) is a pretty big deal. She also did Backdraft and the very wonderful The Namesake, which got quite a bit of critical acclaim, along with the Bridget Jones sequel and several other indie films. She's done at least one film and/or series every year since about 2003. She's become a part of the industry as a serious actress and has worked steadily for about 12 or 13 years, which is a feat in itself. Also, I think she's the only former RW person to be interviewed on Oprah, which is a pretty big deal for those who care about Oprah. Anyway, it's not like I'm president of her fan club, I just think she's more successful than the Miz, who I find pretty annoying.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I stopped watching wrestling after I got out of college and it took the more PG approach. From time to time I check in again with it. The one thing I find cool about the Miz winning was that when I was watching his season he started to develop the Miz persona and then it grew on the seasons he did the challenges. From there he worked his way into the WWF breaking his butt and got to where he is now. I know its fake and all but its still pretty cool. I always liked him on the ones he was on so I think its kinda cool to see that he was able to accomplish that dream he had. He did a Podcast with Bill Simmons ESPNs SportsGuy yesterday and hes a real down to earth funny dude. Its on Itunes and is a pretty good listen.

Im sure Jacinda is a good actress and thats great but I just think as the champ, Miz has some potential to really make a strong name for himself here.

Jacinda IS doing really well but I think Jamie from the San Diego season is also doing just as good, if not better, than her. She's been in a number of films and next up she's playing the lead character's girlfriend in The Hangover 2. Either way I'm happy for all four of them. Jacinda, Jamie, The Miz, and Sean were all cast members I actually liked.

I know I'm the odd duck out with the success thing but I think Judd and Pam from San Francisco were pretty successful. She finished medical school and went on into a research career and he maintained some semblance of a career with his art and comic books (winning some awards for some of his stuff). Granted comic books is a small audience in the grand scheme of thing but I would compare that to the small audience of wrestling.

As much as I don't agree with Sean and because I had to watch his absolutely endless campaign ads on TV (endless doesn't cover it) he has been a success aside from his tv show stint as well. Even without winning his campaign he was still a DA.

I never followed many people after their stint on the show but I would count anyone who went on to make a good career for themselves a success. Especially after watching bits and pieces of the more recent seasons where I can't picture the folks doing anything but frequently doctor's offices getting tested for STDs and frequently rehab centers. Just because the success isn't necessarily a public career doesn't mean it's less of a success.

"I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;4177302;
    That's so cool! I wonder what seasons they'll have, I hope it's not just the most recent ones - I would LOVE to re-watch some old seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion View Post
    This is how I'd rank Back To New Orleans in terms of all the other RW seasons:

Miami
    Boston
    New Orleans
    San Diego
    Paris
    Key West
    Chicago
    Brooklyn
    Las Vegas
    Back To New York

Hollywood
    Austin
    Hawaii
    Sydney
    Cancun
    Back To New Orleans
    Seattle
    Washington DC
    LA
    New York
    Denver
    Philly
    London
    San Francisco

Miami, Boston, New Orleans, and San Diego will always be my four favorite seasons of Real World. The casts in those show were just so amazing and the dynamic they had together was just pure entertainment. All of the seasons that are bolded are ones that I just absolutely loved!!!! I actually have enjoyed most seasons of the Real World, even if they are so so. The only seasons I pretty much disliked through and through are Washington DC, LA, New York, Denver, Philly, London and San Fran but even those kept my attention to a point. I hate to admit it but even when Real World is at its worst (Philly, London, San Francisco) it still has it's positive aspects.
    Now adding Back To Las Vegas:

Favorite
    Miami
    Boston
    New Orleans
    San Diego
    Paris
    Key West
    Chicago
    Brooklyn
    Las Vegas
    Back To New York
    Hollywood
    Austin
    Hawaii
    Cancun
    Back To Las Vegas
    Sydney
    Back To New Orleans
    Seattle
    Washington DC
    LA
    New York
    Denver
    Philly
    London
    San Francisco
    Least Favorite

Back to LV wasn't a horrible season but it wasnt a good one either or anywhere close the original LV season. It's funny....it was so filled with drama but towards the end I was actually bored and excited for it to end.
    Last edited by Ace Medallion; 07-14-2011 at 09:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread