+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Re: Real Worlds past

Yeah that had to paint a dinosaur to get some money to buy food and stuff. They worked at an alligator farm too and made up all sorts of stories about them while giving tours.

Are the old seasons of Road Rules on DVD?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I don't know but that one definitely should be!! Thanks for bringing back the memories
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I saw it in syndication, so I've seen the first and second seasons, I saw the start of Europe, I saw Islands twice (I want it on DVD), I've seen Northern Trail multiple times, and same with Australia. I only saw the very end of Latin America, and I never saw SAS or MVT. But yeah, the first seasons were so interesting because they were doing actual jobs. They jumped the shark really starting with MVT, but the Quest officially did it because it was all competition.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I liked the first season because it wasn't all glamorous. They didn't get showers often. They had to deal with emptying out their RV. No tour bus. They didn't go anywhere too glamorous just places the average Joe would see driving around on a vacation. It wasn't a game show.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3418746;
    I liked the first season because it wasn't all glamorous. They didn't get showers often. They had to deal with emptying out their RV. No tour bus. They didn't go anywhere too glamorous just places the average Joe would see driving around on a vacation. It wasn't a game show.
    They didn't get very much money either. I remember during the first season they actually shoplifted from a convenience store. Before the segment aired MTV aired a disclaimer saying they did not condone what we were about to see. Crazy stuff.

No past seasons of Road Rules are available on DVD.

In that first season there were a few of those "we don't condone this" messages like the hotel one was another. The only got money they earned in their jobs or what they brought with them. Which wasn't much. It totally wasn't a rolling party wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3418542;
    I remember that. Kit spent her last few dollars on a racoon hat at the Wall Drug.
    Yeah she said something like "If I have to choose between eating or a raccoon cap, that's a no brainer" then showed her walking with the cap on with the tail swinging, it was great. They ate a lot of Taco Bell bean burritos.

See I liked that they had to work for their money-one of the things about RR was they couldn't bring any money along with them, they were given money at the start but after that they had to work for money. The money thing did come up in Campus Crawl when they were pretty much broke, so they had to do that bungee jump mission in order to at least get something.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

The mission things for money I never liked. It became like a game show then. Instead before it was just them going to these hokey places and working a day doing honest to goodness work. That's what I liked about real world back in the day too. People got honest to god jobs doing real stuff. Not being given jobs by the producers.

+ Reply to Thread