+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Re: Real Worlds past

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3396775;
    My favorite was the LA Season. I wonder if: Jon Brennan ever made it as a country singer, Irene and her husband had any more children, Beth S. got a "real" job and stopped doing reality shows?????
    Beth has had several "real" jobs since 1993. She has appeared on six challenges (not a record) because MTV was paying her well to show up. (She has called the challenges "paid vacations.) Before RW LA ,she also had a real job working for Axel Rose at Guns and Roses. After the show aired in 1993, she worked several TV and film projects and has cast for several reality shows. A few years ago she sold a film treatment for six figures. Five years ago she created her own production company and currently has production deals with three major companies. I'm not really sure what "real" work people want her (or any other realty TV cast member) to do. She was an acting and theatre arts major in college at Ohio University, so it seems to me that she is doing what she always wanted to do.
    Last edited by Peacheater; 04-01-2009 at 01:21 AM.

I don't believe for a second that Beth is settling down. She has ALWAYS been too engrossed and hungry for the spotlight. Besides, didn't she just do the Gauntlet 3 less than a year ago? She might get married and have a child but I highly doubt this will be the last we see of her.

Old favorites like Coral, Mike, Veronica, and Trishelle seem to be done with the challenges though. Personally I would love LOve LOVE it if they could get some old schoolers like Flora in Miami.

When LA was airing I had such a huge crush on Aaron. But my true love will always be Ace in Paris. I used to crush on Seattle's David but he got annoying over the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;3399927;
    I don't believe for a second that Beth is settling down. She has ALWAYS been too engrossed and hungry for the spotlight. Besides, didn't she just do the Gauntlet 3 less than a year ago? She might get married and have a child but I highly doubt this will be the last we see of her.

Old favorites like Coral, Mike, Veronica, and Trishelle seem to be done with the challenges though. Personally I would love LOve LOVE it if they could get some old schoolers like Flora in Miami.

When LA was airing I had such a huge crush on Aaron. But my true love will always be Ace in Paris. I used to crush on Seattle's David but he got annoying over the challenges.
    Good news: There will be a couple of RRs old schoolers on the next challenge. Johanna will fight you over your crush on Ace; she has one too.

As for Beth, I'm curious if you can cite any evidence of her being "too engrossed and hungry for the spotlight." I have good insight into her business life through her family, and know she has been reluctant to become involved in anything on camera for a long time. She was invited on the Duel II and declined and is not going on the challenge that starts at the end of April. Two years ago she reluctantly agreed to take a part in a movie written and directed by a friend of hers and looks like it will be released at Sundance next January (Joe Dirt). Other than that, her focus has been on work behind-the-camera.

For old times sake, I've been checking out Real World San Francisco on mtv.com and it's easy to remember why it was one of my all time favorites. One thing though: I can only hope that Rachel outgrew some of that constant "me Me ME!" My guess is that she has because nothing brings home the reality that you're not the only person on the planet like a house full of kids. According to that article she's got FIVE!

Does anyone remember Belu of Road Rules??? What are the Road Rules crew up to these days? Why don't they include them in Gauntlets???

Quote Originally Posted by ladidanz;3403076;
    Does anyone remember Belu of Road Rules??? What are the Road Rules crew up to these days? Why don't they include them in Gauntlets???
    Last I saw of Belu was on one of the RW/RR challenges to which she actually brought her baby. Tiny baby not even a year old if memory serves. MTV was willing to roll the dice on that insurance risk. Talk about anything for ratings. That was quite a few years ago though and I haven't seen her since.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;3403081;
    Last I saw of Belu was on one of the RW/RR challenges to which she actually brought her baby. Tiny baby not even a year old if memory serves. MTV was willing to roll the dice on that insurance risk. Talk about anything for ratings. That was quite a few years ago though and I haven't seen her since.

I remember her bringing the baby and was thinking WTH is she doing.

I favorite RW was my first season to watch beginning to end: Boston. I loved the whole cast, even the ones I couldn't stand: Montana

Miami was good too...the threesome in the shower was classic, especially the cast member getting stuck in the window trying to watch!

I liked NYC II and expected more from my hometown crew in Chicago. I didn't mind Hawaii and San Diego but RW Las Vegas lost me, too raunchy and tasteless :nono.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Oh I forgot about Road Rules: loved Campus Crawl and Australia - Piggy was goofy, I wonder what happened to her?
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Road Rules' Susie is a PhD candidate in Religious Studies at the Univ of Pittsburg.

+ Reply to Thread