+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Re: Real Worlds past

OMG so Steve Seattle really turned out to be gay?! The slap heard round world was unwarrented!
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

FORT Regular

My favorite seasons would have to be Boston and London. I just really liked the casts on both seasons. And the Chicago one was cool too because I live there so it was neat seeing my city on television every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2890995;
    I guess this might be the appropriate thread to bump for the awards bash.

1 1/2 hours of my life wasted away only to find out that AUSTIN won for best season? AUSTIN?! Freaking AUSTIN?! Come on, even Las Vegas, Denver, and definitely San Diego should win over this season.....but AUSTIN? What an awful awards bash. The best part was when Nathan called out Stephen, but besides that it was uneventful, boring, and cheesy. I was hoping MTV would do more updates on older castmembers like they did for Sean and Rachel during the first few segments, but nope, they pretty much ended it there. Oh the Pedro and Frankie part was nice as well.

If you haven't watched it yet, I would just skip this awards show, it was just bad.

I am guessing that the reason that you (AND I) thought the awards sucked was because the voters were much younger folks that watched recent RW rather than ALL of them. I agree with you - AUSTIN!!???!?!? WTF!!?!?!?
    I loved 1st NY, Boston, Miami, San Fran, HECK - even Seatle was better IMO!

It was great to get updates on people though. I wish they would do the same to ROAD RULES!!

FORT Fan

what's up with Stephen being gay??? Didn't he slap that girl because she called him a homo? And why the heck did Nathan look so old? He was a hottie back in the day.

I wish they would have caught up with more cast members who didn't make the ceremony...like the way Kameelah talked about her life outside the hospital. I was so happy to see her on track.

Tammy from San Fran was on a Barbara Walters special a few years ago, but it's people like her from older seasons that I'd want to hear from. I wish more people from Miami, NYC number one and others would have shown or at least send a video post card.

FORT Fan

And I was confused too when Ausin won. WTF? I swore it would have been Miami or LA...heck, even Boston or Hawaii was better!!!

Yep, it's all about the newer seasons now which stinks. San Fran for me is best season ever. Unfortunately you'll never see Dom or Aaron in regards to Real World again, they have said they want nothing to do with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;2895903;
    OMG so Steve Seattle really turned out to be gay?! The slap heard round world was unwarrented!
    I thought the same thing when that was first said on the awards show. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense still. I tried to remember if during that season, Steven was shown dating any women, or anything like that. I couldn't remember that being the case, so who knows whether or not Steven had come to terms with being gay at that point in his life, or if he was still working through it. Even if he was fully comfortable with it, and just didn't want to make it a part of how he was protrayed on the show -- the comment that Irene made could have very easily been taken as an insult not saying "let's both face it, you're gay" as it has always been interpreted, but as a pure putdown "you're gay ... and that is all that needs to be said to insult someone". If Steven, as a gay man, heard it as being gay being a flat out insult, then his response would make sense. I don't think it justifies it, and I don't think it excuses it. But it would make sense in terms of understanding where he was coming from.

FORT Fogey

I watched the so called award, I missed past my sleep time to watch this horror, please skip it or watch it online without all the non-sense commercial and yes, HOW ON EARTH DID AUSTIN WIN BEST SEASON? maybe because it is fresh in these teenagers mind , who pretty much have time to keep voting. but for me austin is among the 5 worse seasons. San francisco, chicago, new orleans and even back to NY deserves it.
    And yes, Steve gay? and he is still bitter. his bf is hot though.
    the saving grace, coral throwing away the award in the poll, priceless coral.
    Again, Austin best season? YEAH RIGHT

Coral throwing away the award was awesome!

All I know is that when MTV used to air those RW marathons ad nauseum, the seasons I'd sit all the way through were New Orleans and Hawaii. The people were just so different it made it interesting. Same with Boston and most of the earlier seasons. Austin was just partying and Danny/Melinda drama and I can't even remember the rest.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fogey

Watching the entire awards show really did make you appreciate how much the show has changed. In the first few seasons, you had people going about their normal lives, while living in a house with other people. For the three seasons, you had people who were from the town they were filming, going to their normal jobs, or classes, hanging out with their normal friends, and everything. Things were FAR more open to interacting with normal life, instead of putting life on hold to do the show. It started changing a bit with Miami, where they could not go about their normal lives, because they had a "job" to do. They also got away from having some members of the cast who lived in the city that was home for the season. Then, after the hedonism party that Las Vegas became, the show evolved from people living together and living their lives to a challenge to find the wildest people possible, and get them to do the most outlandish things. Instead of watching people's lives, you were watching them live out their fantasies. I liked real life better.

+ Reply to Thread