+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Re: Real Worlds past

I was disappointed. I would have loved to have seen more of the red carpet arrivals. So many people have changed so much. Jon the cowboy and New Orleans Matt....OMG....are they still virgins? Are they replacing affection with food?
    Eric Nies....Why? Austin winning best season? Did anyone over age 25 vote? I used to love the full cast reunions they did years ago but aside from Jon, Beth and Eric, the early seasons were almost a throwaway. It was easy to tell early on who would win, as all the winners were present. Nice tributes to Frankie and Pedro but I think there also should have been one for Mary Ellis Bunim who was a co-creator of the series.
    CYA

Can I just say that it was rather disappointing. I wanted to see old castmembers and interviews. I wanted them to catch up with people we havent seen in years. And basically all the awards went to seasons that were in the past 4-5 years. I guessed it just would've been nice to see what some of these people are up to now (especially those who don't do challenges so they aren't seen at all anymore.)

I totally forgot to watch this last night, but it seems from your comments that I didn't miss much...Austin favorite season my A$$!...That season sucked!...The best season to me is a toss up between Miami, Las Vegas, or San Fran...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2504420;
    Does anyone know if Wes and Johanna ever got married?
    Nah.. in fact, Johanna said that they are no longer together. Sorry!

FORT Newbie

It was fun watching the show but I also wished they had focused more on the older shows.....I was curious about Norm, Heather B and Julie from the first season as well as Irene, Dominique, Aaron, Cory, the London cast, etc, A lot of those people are approaching their 40th birthday! I enjoyed seeing Rachel and Sean with their 4 adorable kids (with another one on the way!!). They both looked beautiful and happy (did they say he was a district attorney?). I was also glad to see Pam and (argh, I forgot his name, the cartoonist from SF) still married and also looking happy. Is she a doctor, does he still make a living as a cartoonist for the SF paper?? They did not say.
    And what a terrible place for an award show...all standing up and crowding awkwardly around a pool, while two lame hosts (Susie wasn't too bad) made terrible jokes. Stephen winning some award for slapping his female roommate, I thought, was in bad taste. I don't think it's funny to see someone get violent...he should have been ashamed. He hit her because she called him homosexual and there he is married to some guy. I guess the truth hurt (more her than him). And Coral looked a bit miffed to win *love to hate roomie*, tossing her cheap looking fishbowl into the pool. I missed the last half hour but turned back just in time to see Austin (Austin!!??) win fave show...what? Since Danny and Melinda also won *best love story* or some such claptrap I am assuming someone *stuffed the internet ballot box*.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale52;2891919;
    I was also glad to see Pam and (argh, I forgot his name, the cartoonist from SF) still married and also looking happy. Is she a doctor, does he still make a living as a cartoonist for the SF paper?? They did not say.

You're talking about Judd. I always thought they made a nice couple. Glad to know they're still together.

This show was good and bad. They had some people that you haven't seen in a long time but they were only shown for a little bit( Mallory, Philly Sarah, Landon, Simon, Kyle, Cara, Malik, David, Willie, Karamo, Jon). I really wish we could get updates on these people since they probably won't be doing a challenge. Especially Sarah since I think she's not only hot but very interesting.

The results were a joke. I only really agreed with Brooke and Svetlana winning. But then again those are two of my favorites. Colie won biggest playa? really, she wasn't even the biggest playa on her season.....

Austin best season? How? Granted it was a very good and entertaining season but better than San Diego, Vegas, Chicago, Hawaii??????? How San Diego loss is beyond me that season had everything......At least it was good to see Jaquese. Hes a good guy and always thought that season was full of good people. The only good part about Austin winning was when they were on stage and Tyrie came up there and was acting like he was part of the cast, I thought that was funny.

The producing stunk for this show. It should have been done season by season recaps and where are they now...with the awards just being a backdrop. Plus Jeffery Ross had no business being there either. Have one of the cast members host the show with Susie.

After the show they said there would be an extended version on the show due to come out tomorrow, Friday (?). It looks like it'll be a half hour longer. I hope this version will be much better because I too really wanted more focus on the older shows. I would love for them to interview each season's cast or at least get a look at them!

The "award" show title was really a joke, they could have created another reason to get them all together.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

What they need to do is a good old fashion reunion like they did 10 seasons ago. At least that'll get everyone to show up, although, I think many of the older castmembers probably want nothing to do with MTV at this point and would rather not. I can't imagine Colin from Hawaii ever showing up since he hated production so much during BOTSexes I.

Instead of a lame awards show, MTV should do some of those "Where are they now?" specials and just stop by each or at least any willing older castmembers and do an update. Instead of making it a rushed 1 1/2 hour show, they should actually make it into a miniseries and do an episode for each season or two if they want to shorten it. I'd look forward to something like that than the joke that was aired last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2893973;

Instead of a lame awards show, MTV should do some of those "Where are they now?" specials and just stop by each or at least any willing older castmembers and do an update. Instead of making it a rushed 1 1/2 hour show, they should actually make it into a miniseries and do an episode for each season or two if they want to shorten it. I'd look forward to something like that than the joke that was aired last night.
    Great idea! There are a lot of old timers like Dom and Aaron from the LA season that we've never seen again. Updates on them and others would be fantastic. I realize it would be impossible to do reunions the way they used to now that there have been 20 seasons but The Real World did not begin with the Las Vegas season. To me, that's when it "jumped the shark".
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread