+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Trust me you don't wanna waist your money buying RW: Paris. That fight is proably 1 of the best, only and exciting things that happen on that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandongr3;2186068;
    Trust me you don't wanna waist your money buying RW: Paris. That fight is proably 1 of the best, only and exciting things that happen on that season.
    Oh, I thought that was suppose to be a really good season.

I only watched from Philly and on, and I'm kinda sad about it because the other seasons sound interesting. I did watch some episodes of San Diego, but I didn't watch everything. Here's what I think of the seasons I watched....

1. Austin. From what I'm reading, it's not the best season, but from the seasons I watched it is. I felt for Danny when he got his bone next to his eye broken then had his mom die. But then he found Melinda. I'm just disappointed by what they turned out to be; I heard from the other Fresh Meat cast (when they went on the After Show) that they kept talking about their engagement, and couldn't stop talking about it. They also said they were naive.

2. Key West. I don't know why this season is bashed a lot. Maybe because there were barely any romances; actually, this is the only season that had no castmates have a relationship with each other. Someone that really made this season good for me is Tyler. He was so... cruel. I mean if I had someone treat me like he did with Svetlana, I would ask for him to be taken out of the cast like they did with Puck in San Francisco.

3. Philly. I can barely remember it. I almost barely remember the blonde girl, who's name is Melanie, but I always think it's Melinda. The only thing that stuck out for me is when Landon picked up a knife and was walking toward Melanie. But then Karamo stopped him midway. That's the only interesting thing I can remember.

I can't really rate San Diego (because I only watched some of it) and Denver (because it's not finished yet).

And what do you guys think about Las Vegas, Chicago, and San Diego? I heard that they're the highest rated seasons ever. So there must be something interesting about them. I know that Chicago was filmed during the time of 9-11 and that Trishelle was pretty interesting, but that's it.

I loved me some San Diego. My favorite season. It was one of the hilarious one's IMO. My favorite episode was probably the one when Both Brad and Robin getting arrested on the same night, Brad was so funny, Randy drunk as hell didn't know what was going on, Frankie walking in the street barefooted. Then when the roommates find out, they feel bad but they also make a joke of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandongr3;2186302;
    I loved me some San Diego. My favorite season. It was one of the hilarious one's IMO. My favorite episode was probably the one when Both Brad and Robin getting arrested on the same night, Brad was so funny, Randy drunk as hell didn't know what was going on, Frankie walking in the street barefooted. Then when the roommates find out, they feel bad but they also make a joke of it.
    Yeah, I seen that happen, Brad and Robin were so drunk. Robin looks alot better back then I think.

New York and Las Vegas are on DVD.

I actually liked Paris. Alot of people hate on it though, I think it's definately underrated.

New York-The most "real" season but it does get boring at parts (An entire episode dedicated to Julie befriending a homeless woman?? ). But the cast was incredibly diverse and entertaining, and some of the things they included were hilarious and would NEVER be shown on today's sex/alcohol/fighting packed episodes (Norman yelling at his roomates cause they forgot to tape Star Trek ).

L.A.-Entertaining, but definately the least likable cast. This season was just filled with nasty people (I did like Aaron and Beth A. though) being mean to each other. :nono And don't even get me started on Beth S. She's like herpes, she'll never just go away.

San Francisco-Got boring at parts, but also had some of the most interesting "storylines". It's funny that he's one of the most mentioned things from this season, cause I think it would have been alot better had Puck not been cast.

London-One of the least interesting seasons. The cast was pretty blah. Not as bad as people claim it to be, but still not really that great either.

Miami-Best. Season. Ever. I adored this season. These people were so dysfunctional and fun to watch.

Boston-Another excellent season. This and Miami are arguably the RW's high points. The Miami cast was kind of immature (but still pretty damn entertaining!) and it was refreshing with this cast because they were all very level headed, intelligent individuals. These two seasons occuring back to back were fun to compare and contrast.

Seattle-Boring at parts, really great at others. This season is kind of meh to me.

Hawaii-The phenomenon starts. RW slowly morphed into something else during this season. This season is great in a "Jerry Springer" type way.

New Orleans-A really great season. Very interesting cast.

Back To NY-Enjoyed this season as well. Although I REALLY wish Mike and Coral had not been cast. So sick of seeing them on challenges.

Chicago-The last REALLY great season of the Real World when it actually seemed somewhat real.

Las Vegas-This is the season where the RW went from being real to be totally about drinking, sexing, and fighting. The turn started with Hawaii but it was this season where it was finalized. Okay season, I enjoy it but it gets tedious (Way too many episodes about Irulan/Alton and Steven/Trishelle) at points.

Paris-This season is one of the most hated and I really don't get why. It's not one of the best, but it still isn't terrible. Just like Miami/Boston this season was filled with fairly intelligent people much unlike the Las Vegas bunch. But MTV had struck gold with Las Vegas' endless supply of drinking and sex so they tried to focus on these things WAY too much with this season. I think this season would have been much better and appreciated much more had it occured before Las Vegas.

San Diego-Great season. Definately the best season to occur in the last three or four years.

Philly-Pretty bad. It had few redeeming qualities and was one of the lowest points for RW.

Austin-Awful. Nuff said.

Key West-Interesting and had some of the good qualities from RW's earlier season (topical subjects) but lost steam towards the end. This season, like Seattle is kind of meh, I enjoyed it but it's nowhere near my favorite.

If you can get your hands on Miami, Boston, New Orleans, Chicago or San Diego through E-bay I'd definately reccomend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandongr3;2186302;
    My favorite episode was probably the one when Both Brad and Robin getting arrested on the same night, Brad was so funny
    That was one of my favorites from that season. Brad was blitzed. He left that message on the answering machine all slurred, "Randy, PICK ME UP!" I just remember the other roommates laughing about it. What was it he kept calling jail, the drunk tank or something?

Well, I thought Austin was great, but I hate Key West.

Austion is underatted. I can say like during the late epsidoe's it was getting boring due to the SBSW job and the Danny/Melinda storyline for 3 or 4 epsidoe's straight. It had some good and shocking moments that other season's [since Chicago] didn't have.

I would buy the London, original NY, San Fransisco and Los Angeles seasons if they had them on DVD.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread