+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Ah yes, when The Real World was actually REAL.

Hands down San Fran is my favorite season. I loved when they did the “This is Your Life” thing for Pam’s birthday. When they helped Jo deal with her ex. The search for a new roommate when they kicked Puck out. Did you know one of the guys they interviewed was Mark Long who went on to be on the first season of Road Rules? So many good moments.

LA-I really liked this season, Irene getting married, Dominic was a riot. The only thing I didn’t like was so many changes in roommates.

Miami-This was the first season with some really good “oh my god” moments. The threesome in the shower, need I say more? But in following seasons you could tell the kids were just doing it for the camera. I think the Miami kids really didn’t think that would be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by sskd1;2183076;
    and also the Europe one with Balou and Antoine and Michelle.
    Yes poor Michelle, what a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by sskd1;2183076;
    Great thread. It's making me nostalgic for past seasons. I really loved the London cast and Seattle.

And I know this post isn't about RR-- but I loved the very first season (with Kit and Mark) and also the Europe one with Balou and Antoine and Michelle.
    What happened to Belou between this season and her one challenge apperance(the one where she brought her infant LOL)? She went from kinda normal and a little cute blonde to...well...some kind of red-headed ghetto canadian.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Does anyone know where I can watch past episodes of Real World like RW: Paris and RW: Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2184116;
    Does anyone know where I can watch past episodes of Real World like RW: Paris and RW: Austin?
    Someone said they're on the MTV site but I haven't been there myself to check it out. I wish they would come out with more seasons on DVD. I think the original New York is the only one out, maybe Las Vegas too.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2184420;
    Someone said they're on the MTV site but I haven't been there myself to check it out. I wish they would come out with more seasons on DVD. I think the original New York is the only one out, maybe Las Vegas too.
    Yeah I checked MTV, but they've got the old seasons but they don't have any episodes of them on there sadly.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I don't know which seasons have been released. Have you checked any online shopping or auction sites? I bet there would be enough people to support a well-publicized petition/campaign to release the early seasons, when the show was at its critical peak.

I hope they have some DVD's out of the earlier seasons, I would love to watch them and some of the earlier challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2184815;
    I don't know which seasons have been released. Have you checked any online shopping or auction sites? I bet there would be enough people to support a well-publicized petition/campaign to release the early seasons, when the show was at its critical peak.
    I don't know, I've written to MTV myself and nothing has come of it. The only thing bad about the seasons on DVD, at least New York is they must not have been able to get rights to the music or something because the songs that were played when it originally aired are not on the DVD. To me, the music is a big part of the show. So many songs remind me of such and such a scene on the Real World.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2185021;
    I hope they have some DVD's out of the earlier seasons, I would love to watch them and some of the earlier challenges.
    I'm with you, just don't know if it's going to happen. I have most seasons on VHS but they have commercials. I stopped taping at about Return to New York.

I just checked amazon.com and it does look like only New York and Las Vegas are on DVD
    Last edited by karna68; 12-23-2006 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2185907;
    I don't know, I've written to MTV myself and nothing has come of it. The only thing bad about the seasons on DVD, at least New York is they must not have been able to get rights to the music or something because the songs that were played when it originally aired are not on the DVD. To me, the music is a big part of the show. So many songs remind me of such and such a scene on the Real World.

I'm with you, just don't know if it's going to happen. I have most seasons on VHS but they have commercials. I stopped taping at about Return to New York.

I just checked amazon.com and it does look like only New York and Las Vegas are on DVD

I would love to buy RW: Austin and I want to watch RW: Paris, and see CT get into that fight with that guy on the street.

+ Reply to Thread