+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2210131;
    It would nice, I wish there was somewhere, where I could watch the older seasons.
    Me too. I wish I would have had the forsight to record them but I was probably a bit to young to think that would be a good thing to do at the time. I hope that MTV might release them on DVD or something. I really think they could make TONS of money by putting the really old season on DVD.

If MTV really wants to make money (which it seems like they do considering their constant barrage (sp) of drama filled reality shows), they should put RW and Daria on DVD... but that is a discussion for a whole different time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2210165;
    Me too. I wish I would have had the forsight to record them but I was probably a bit to young to think that would be a good thing to do at the time. I hope that MTV might release them on DVD or something. I really think they could make TONS of money by putting the really old season on DVD.

If MTV really wants to make money (which it seems like they do considering their constant barrage (sp) of drama filled reality shows), they should put RW and Daria on DVD... but that is a discussion for a whole different time and place.
    Yeah it would make them a good amount of money.

San Francisco was without question one of my all time favorites. This season I think, had the most heart of all the years before or since.

This was back when they used to have one single room to see how it would be decided who would get it. Remember that? They sensibly agreed to give it to Pam due to her studies and long hours at the hospital. I liked Pam very much. She was determined and focused, but also funny and sweet. She was the house sounding board who everyone came to when they needed a shoulder to lean on.

Puck was the resident "bad guy", and believe me, when he was bad he was horrid. However, I didn't miss the good sides of him. I liked when he took Rachael and Cory up in the hills just to appreciate the fog as it rolled through. I could have done without the nasty behaviors (like digging in his nose then dipping his finger in the peanut butter) but how could I not laugh when he donned that nuns habit?

I loved Mohammad and Midnight Voices. I liked his dad's nightclub and his ballerina girlfriend. Without even trying to, he was living such an interesting life and I felt privilaged to be able to observe it.

And Pedro... I don't think enough can be said about someone with his courage. He was literally playing "beat the clock" racing with his limited life span to get his message out. I remember him saying that if it takes until his last breath, he would continue to counsel and make known the seriousness of being careful. I went through half a box of tissues when they aired his memorial show. I'm serious, I cried all the way through. Judd talking about his last days in the hospital. President Clinton arranging for his brothers who were still outside the country to get here in time to see him. The pouring rain during his funeral. I was just no good afterward.

And now look at what has become of Real World. I believe that kids like these still exist. I'm certain that they still audition, but they are deliberately turned away because MTV doesn't want to be held responsible for anyone actually learning something from someone.

Thyme I completely agree!

I was just reading through the little biographies of the Denver cast and all the guys are athletes or something and all the girls were in sororities. It just goes to show that there probably are those people still around auditioning for the Real World but they will NEVER make it on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2210335;
    Thyme I completely agree!

I was just reading through the little biographies of the Denver cast and all the guys are athletes or something and all the girls were in sororities. It just goes to show that there probably are those people still around auditioning for the Real World but they will NEVER make it on the show.
    Yeah I know and its stupid there just looking for people who will party and fight and won't pick the real people.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I really wonder if the new RW audience could/would appreciate the older RW without the sex and alcohol, or if they would just think it was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2210499;
    I really wonder if the new RW audience could/would appreciate the older RW without the sex and alcohol, or if they would just think it was boring.
    I think I would appreciate it, it would be something new, and I would like to try and watch it.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2210504;
    I think I would appreciate it, it would be something new, and I would like to try and watch it.
    I have no doubt that you would appreciate it , but I'm not sure if I could say that about other viewers, especially the teens and tweens who have grown up with post-Las Vegas RW and Jerry Springer.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2210511;
    I have no doubt that you would appreciate it , but I'm not sure if I could say that about other viewers, especially the teens and tweens who have grown up with post-Las Vegas RW and Jerry Springer.
    I have the feeling that they would not appreciate it. If viewers these days watched New York (the first one) or Boston or something they would probably find them to be incredibly boring.

But there are definitely some exceptions.

I totally agree with what everyone is saying. The Real World is just not what it used to be, times they are a changin'. As I've said, I've got all the seasons up to 9 on VHS. I've promised them to Johnsonator but maybe we'll have to work something out where they get around to everyone. That is, after I've burned them to DVD. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that here soon. Kind of hard with 2 little ones running around!

I've actually got an extra copy of The Real World You Never Saw, Hawaii if anyone wants it, just pay for shipping.
    Last edited by karna68; 01-20-2007 at 11:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread