+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

London, England has always been my favorite followed by France.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I thought New Orleans was a really moving and entertaining season, and the finale with Julie's leaving school put her on the cover of Newsweek or Time (can't rememer which one).

Then we discovered how nasty Julie was in the RW/RR challenges, and it diminished her growth in a way, but her original season will always be my fav.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    [QUOTE=kimrs;2178019
    While I was disgusted by the way the LA cast treated David. I did enjoy their season. Each of the cast members had real lives to go back to when the season was over. The first hint of people being on the show to be famous was Tami in that cast. Anyone remember she went on that dating show and tried to fix it, so she would win the prize? She was also in a girl group.

[/QUOTE]

The whole David-Tami confused me at the time and it still does. I remember just wanted Beth to shut up because it seemed like she was trying to escalate the situation. I couldn't stand Tami and her lip-synching girl group.

I saw Back to New York, Hawaii, Chicago, Las Vegas, Paris, Key West, new Orleans, San Diego, Philadelphia and Austin. Each has had its ups and downs. Most were okay, none too boring, lots filled with drama.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I have seen almost all the season's except like the first 7. I saw bit's of the first two season's and bit's of the seventh season, I wanna see the whole thing from beginning just to see what it was like for a first time thing. But from what I have seen I'll rank the season's IMO:

1. San Diego [I really enjoyed this season, kept me interested majority of the episode's, the only season my parent's watched with me ]
    2. Chicago
    3. New Orleans
    4. Key West
    5. Austin [Even though some episode's were a snore, it wasn't that bad as people say it was]
    6. Las Vegas
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Hawaii
    9. Paris
    10. B2NY & Miami [I know i saw most of the episode's of both season's but i forgot all about what event's happen during these season's]

Right...I love this topic.

Here are the seasons that I have watched, ranked in order of preference:

Real World: London --- other than the fact that I am from England...I really enjoyed Neil and Sharon as they showed two totally opposite sides of England. The Cast, overall, was my favorite.

Real World: New York --- The original season, I honestly still can't believe my Mum let me watch this as I was 12 at the time. I just liked it as it opened my eyes to lots of things and there was no forced jobs or boozing all the time. Very fresh and there was nothing like it on TV.

Real World: San Fransisco --- Finally someone I could relate to: Cory. I also loved the Pam and Judd storyline and of course Pedro.

Real World: Los Angeles --- I liked this cast a lot. Having met Beth S. in real life, well after the show was done, it also changed my perspective. Dominic was my fav.

Real World: Back to New York --- Malik...I thought he was very cool. I actually liked the whole cast here. Though now I am very tired of seeing Mike and Coral.

Real World: Boston
    Real World: New Orleans
    Real World: Seattle
    Real World: Miami
    Real World: Chicago
    Real World Hawaii

The rest I don't have much to say about....Hawaii is dead last for me because of Amaya.

I do watch the first episode of every season. I stopped liking Real World with the Las Vegas season as it seemed more about boozing up and sex than anything else. I liked it when the show was more fresh and there was no fixed job.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I liked the first three seasons. But perhaps the reason I find it harder to relate to these people now is because I'm so much older than them now. The first season was not long after I got out of college. There are 2 big things that I think have dragged the show down since the first few seasons

In the first few seasons, all of the cast members had their own projects or jobs going on. We got to see them all interact with other people in their jobs or studies. Julie from season one was all about becoming a dancer. Jon (LA) was working on his Country music career, and Judd (SF)was submitting his cartoon work to newspapers to make a name for himself in that industry. And they all worked very hard at whatever they were doing. Now they all get a job handed to them. And they are so lazy that they can't even get out of bed at noon to get to that job.

Now, instead of taking what they learned about social interaction into the REAL Real World, they participate in these endless RW/RW and gauntlet shows. Aaron (LA)graduated from college with (I think ) a degree in accounting in his season. As far as I know, he went into accounting, and probably has a good job and a nice family now. Then there was Brad from the San Diego season. He already had his accounting degree. but instead of getting a job in the REAL Real World with it, he's on MTV every time I turn it on in one of those challenge shows. I think they casted the show in the beginning looking for a more accurate representation of the 18-25 demographic. Now they just look for who's going to create the most drama. It's sad, really. If I were a parent of a kid that age who wanted to go on one of these shows, there's no way I could support it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2178488;

Real World: San Fransisco --- Finally someone I could relate to: Cory. I also loved the Pam and Judd storyline and of course Pedro.
    I had forgotten about this until you mentioned it! They were falling in love before our eyes, and we didn't realize it, and they didn't realize it. When I was in college, Judd came to give a speech during AIDS awareness week, as part of the speaking tour he did. By that time, he and Pam were seriously dating, but not yet married. I can remember him talking about how surreal it was for him to watch the first episode of their season now, after so much had transpired in their lives. He made the comment "How many people have the chance to have the very moment they first lay eyes on the love of their lives caught on tape that they can watch for years to come?" Very cool.

Does anyone know if Judd and Pam are still together? I just think that is so very sweet.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2178865;
    He made the comment "How many people have the chance to have the very moment they first lay eyes on the love of their lives caught on tape that they can watch for years to come?" Very cool.

OMG..how beautiful..... ......I always loved them and that was my 2nd fave season behind the first RW!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread