+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2204582;
    It was a shame Miami couldn't get a business going, they just couldn't decide what type of business! Yes those were the days...
    I could understand the fashion business not working out because there are too many aspects to consider. Did they want to sell clothes? Make them? Model them? Start a clothing line? However, when Sarah came up with the dessert delivery service I thought they would actually get the show on the road but it still didn't work out.

I believe that was also the season of the first Real World/Road Rules crossover. Road Rules had to sneak in and steal the 8 ball from their pool table.

Sarah: "Did they steal any toys?"

Has Real World always done better than Road Rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2204755;
    Has Real World always done better than Road Rules?
    Yes. Well, I believe so.

The Real World is a pop culture icon. It's a legend in reality TV.
    Road Rules not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2204582;
    It was a shame Miami couldn't get a business going, they just couldn't decide what type of business! Yes those were the days...
    Sara came up with the whole delicious delivery idea for a business with another guy I think his name is Mark...The reason why it didn't work was because Flora wanted to be president of the business but everyone in the house (except Melissa) wanted Mark to be in charge, and of course Flora wasn't haven't it, so there was no business...

Miami is in my top 3 along with San Fran and Boston...Joe and Mike had me rolling all the time...I thought it was so funny when Joe and Mike had to call a vet about the dog because his thing would go back in...They were laughing there a$$e$ off on the phone and the when the vet told them to put sugar on his thing was too funny...

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2204772;
    Yes. Well, I believe so.

The Real World is a pop culture icon. It's a legend in reality TV.
    Road Rules not so much.
    I can't wait till the new Road Rules it will be my first time watching it.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2204901;
    I can't wait till the new Road Rules it will be my first time watching it.
    It won't be as good though. The old Road Rules were much better.

They were almost like MTV's version of game shows (I know that's not a great analogy but it's the only thing I can think of right now). MTV used to have some of the best reality shows (before reality tv was a genre) but now they just seem like they are trying to copy everyone else. They should go back to their original formula. It was much better.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I absolutely loved the Miami season. For me that and Boston are the best two Real Worlds ever.

I liked that in Miami they had to try to start their own business. I even liked some of the other jobs they got (like I think Seattle worked in a radio station, Hawaii had that coffee type place I think, New Orleans worked in the TV studio which led to David singing that 'come on be my baby tonight' song, etc.) The thing that bothers me about the jobs now is that it seems like the cast feels like they should never have to work and only drink and sit around fighting with each other.

Read this thread really makes me miss the old Real Worlds. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2204593;
    I believe that was also the season of the first Real World/Road Rules crossover. Road Rules had to sneak in and steal the 8 ball from their pool table.

Sarah: "Did they steal any toys?"
    Yes! That was great! Yeah the early seasons of Road Rules were much better too. More gritty or something. The whole thing with voting people off was stupid. That was one of the good things about the show was seeing how the relationships developed. That element went away when they started bringing new people in.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2204903;
    It won't be as good though. The old Road Rules were much better.

They were almost like MTV's version of game shows (I know that's not a great analogy but it's the only thing I can think of right now). MTV used to have some of the best reality shows (before reality tv was a genre) but now they just seem like they are trying to copy everyone else. They should go back to their original formula. It was much better.
    The Survivor-inspired cast mate vote off was a "jump the shark moment" for me.

Was the Hawaii season good?

+ Reply to Thread