+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2202122;
    Yes, I'm an old school RW girl. I think the old style of Real World brought the ratings back then. I guess they thought they had to spice it up a little after awhile. I think it's just too much now. A lot of the kids do play it up for the cameras, I don't care what anyone says.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2202199;
    Yep pretty much. I remember watching most of the early Real Worlds and loved them. Can't so much stand the ones now.
    I agree with both of you. I haven't even watched the new one beisdes the first 2-3 episodes and afterwards, I just stopped. I haven't even wtached the Duel in weeks because its just getting repetitive and boring.

BMP needs to revamp this show desperately, make them look for their own jobs again, stop picking people to be the "token ______" because it becomes too predictable, and hell, I'd watch if they give them a crummy apartment to live in as opposed to a mansion. The last few seasons, there's maybe one person that has potential to be a very interesting castmember, but they almost always get the shaft.

Honestly, they should just do away with this show now. Its just that bad.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I don't know if I'd do away with the show completely but it definitely needs to be revamped. Whenever I watch Denver it's just painful.

Honestly those kids are jokes.

It'll come back. I can guarantee it though.

Maybe if the Real World staff reads this thread, maybe they'll second think who they cast.

Boston was my favorite season too. The whole thing with Elka going home for that award her mom got posthumously was very touching. she had so much respect for her father even though he did not agree with her over some things.

Those kids were interesting and they weren't always drunk.

I was talking with my brother who also loved the old seasons and doesnt like these new ones. He told me that the RW was basically passe and no longer relevant (thats how I believe he put it)..said it had outlived itself and was now about kids wanting to just show off in front of the cameras.

It's just so true. I remember when the Boston cast came to the end of the season and I cried. I remember that happening with about two seasons. Those kids really learned how to deal with others from different backgrounds. They seem to mostly have learned things on the show. Even though Montana did get fired, she had to find another job to stay in the house and I believe she went to work for a food bank/shelter type of place. Maybe it was a woman's shelter?

Anyway thanks to whomever told me the name of the Hawaii cast member I couldn't remember, who plotted with Kaia. Justin.

Kaia was a trip! anybody remember seeing her on the reunion special, I think it was, and she was just like totally uncomfortable almost to the point of being speechless? weird.

and thanks to everybody who appreciated the Boston cast like I did, for reminiscing here with me. *sigh*...those were the days!

lily

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2204225;
    It'll come back. I can guarantee it though.

Maybe if the Real World staff reads this thread, maybe they'll second think who they cast.
    yeah lol that would be good because the Denver cast isn't all that great other than Brooke and I didn't like Key west except for John.

The Miami season was one of my all time favorites. Good fights. Good drama. Real drama, not just playing up to the cameras. Joe the businessman with his great big girlfriend. Flora, who practically set the standard for the reality show "love to hate" character. Her antics would seem tame by today's standards. Cynthia and Sarah who both managed to be likable without being boring.

That was the year they gave them $50,000 to start a business that never got off the ground. After that, MTV just said "ok let's just GIVE them jobs and see if that works" It didn't. I too preferred back in the day when everyone was doing their own thing, and just happened to be living together.

The last season I watched all the way through was Las Vegas. The last season I actually enjoyed was Chicago. Somewhere early in the Paris season I figured I must have outgrown the program because I was just not liking it like I used to.

Oh, one more thing:

"LANDON'S HERE!!!"

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    One other thing I remember from the Miami season:

When Melissa read Dan's mail and he flipped out on her.

I loved the old season because the drama was real. It wasn't just a bunch of superficial reality tv drama.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2204035;
    Montana did get fired eventually, for drinking in front of the kids.
    Oh yeah, she did end up fired, didn't she? Then there was that whole drama about whether or not she should stay in the house, so she got that other volunteer job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2204409;
    Joe the businessman with his great big girlfriend.
    Nic! She did look huge next to Joe. I thought it was hilarious that everyone in the house hated her. Especially Cynthia.

Miami was one of my favorite seasons too, but I remember being so mad at them all for losing that 50,000 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2204497;
    When Melissa read Dan's mail and he flipped out on her.
    Ooooh, good fight! And then there was the screaming match between Sarah and Melissa that finally made Melissa move out. I've witnessed screaming show downs like that!
    It was your classic, too many rats in a cage, sociological experiment. That was Real World. If it was still that good, I'd still be watching.

bow-wow

It was a shame Miami couldn't get a business going, they just couldn't decide what type of business! Yes those were the days...

+ Reply to Thread