+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 679
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

  1. #151
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2200847;
    Wasn't their alot of fighting on this season?
    Not that I recall. There were arguments but not a lot of drunken shoving matches. That's what made the old RW so much better, sober disagreements, dialogues and resolutions.

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2201008;
    Not that I recall. There were arguments but not a lot of drunken shoving matches. That's what made the old RW so much better, sober disagreements, dialogues and resolutions.
    Some of the people on the new ones seem really fake.

  3. #153
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2201156;
    Some of the people on the new ones seem really fake.
    I think part of it is because they've seen the show so many times and may be acting out for the camera. The first RW was really different and you could even see a bit of a differnce between the 1st and 2nd seasons. Some of it could be editing. The producers may be highlighting the alcohol and sex because that brings in the ratings.

  4. #154
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2201295;
    I think part of it is because they've seen the show so many times and may be acting out for the camera. The first RW was really different and you could even see a bit of a differnce between the 1st and 2nd seasons. Some of it could be editing. The producers may be highlighting the alcohol and sex because that brings in the ratings.
    Yeah, that's probably what it is, but it probably wouldn't have very good ratings without the alcohol and sex.

  5. #155
    Thorpedo is Love Mrs Cwebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,215
    Holy crap! Its been a while since I've perused through this forum, but I didn't expect to see this thread balloon to 16 pages in less than a month. Most be nostalgic for some people huh?

  6. #156
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2201790;
    Holy crap! Its been a while since I've perused through this forum, but I didn't expect to see this thread balloon to 16 pages in less than a month. Most be nostalgic for some people huh?
    Yes, I'm an old school RW girl. I think the old style of Real World brought the ratings back then. I guess they thought they had to spice it up a little after awhile. I think it's just too much now. A lot of the kids do play it up for the cameras, I don't care what anyone says.

  7. #157
    FORT Fanatic mrs. tino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Age
    26
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2201790;
    Holy crap! Its been a while since I've perused through this forum, but I didn't expect to see this thread balloon to 16 pages in less than a month. Most be nostalgic for some people huh?
    Yep pretty much. I remember watching most of the early Real Worlds and loved them. Can't so much stand the ones now.

  8. #158
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015
    Yeah the new kids for these are fake but I did like Real World Austin.

  9. #159
    REMAIN INDOORS MotherSister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie;2192567;
    Ditto to that!!!! I absolutely loved her and the whole Boston cast!
    Aw, man. Boston is one of my favorite seasons. The Kameelah/Genesis/Jason clique, Montana mocking the Genesisisms and Syrus ripping them down, that sweet firehouse they lived in, Elka's British (?) boyfriend, Kameelah educating the kids at the center about love and acceptance, their awesome boss whose name I forget who almost fired Montana for drinking in front of the kids! Good times had in season six. This thread is total delicious nostalgia.

    I agree with everybody labeling these later seasons as lame. San Diego and Chicago I think had some good moments, but I haven't really paid attention to anything since Back to NY. I'd kill to see some of those older seasons. Especially Hawaii, for the sheer fun of mocking that idiot Kaia and her love of green terrycloth shirts.

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015
    I hated Key West, it was so boring.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.