+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2200847;
    Wasn't their alot of fighting on this season?
    Not that I recall. There were arguments but not a lot of drunken shoving matches. That's what made the old RW so much better, sober disagreements, dialogues and resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2201008;
    Not that I recall. There were arguments but not a lot of drunken shoving matches. That's what made the old RW so much better, sober disagreements, dialogues and resolutions.
    Some of the people on the new ones seem really fake.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2201156;
    Some of the people on the new ones seem really fake.
    I think part of it is because they've seen the show so many times and may be acting out for the camera. The first RW was really different and you could even see a bit of a differnce between the 1st and 2nd seasons. Some of it could be editing. The producers may be highlighting the alcohol and sex because that brings in the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2201295;
    I think part of it is because they've seen the show so many times and may be acting out for the camera. The first RW was really different and you could even see a bit of a differnce between the 1st and 2nd seasons. Some of it could be editing. The producers may be highlighting the alcohol and sex because that brings in the ratings.
    Yeah, that's probably what it is, but it probably wouldn't have very good ratings without the alcohol and sex.

Holy crap! Its been a while since I've perused through this forum, but I didn't expect to see this thread balloon to 16 pages in less than a month. Most be nostalgic for some people huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2201790;
    Holy crap! Its been a while since I've perused through this forum, but I didn't expect to see this thread balloon to 16 pages in less than a month. Most be nostalgic for some people huh?
    Yes, I'm an old school RW girl. I think the old style of Real World brought the ratings back then. I guess they thought they had to spice it up a little after awhile. I think it's just too much now. A lot of the kids do play it up for the cameras, I don't care what anyone says.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2201790;
    Yep pretty much. I remember watching most of the early Real Worlds and loved them. Can't so much stand the ones now.

Yeah the new kids for these are fake but I did like Real World Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie;2192567;
    Ditto to that!!!! I absolutely loved her and the whole Boston cast!
    Aw, man. Boston is one of my favorite seasons. The Kameelah/Genesis/Jason clique, Montana mocking the Genesisisms and Syrus ripping them down, that sweet firehouse they lived in, Elka's British (?) boyfriend, Kameelah educating the kids at the center about love and acceptance, their awesome boss whose name I forget who almost fired Montana for drinking in front of the kids! Good times had in season six. This thread is total delicious nostalgia.

I agree with everybody labeling these later seasons as lame. San Diego and Chicago I think had some good moments, but I haven't really paid attention to anything since Back to NY. I'd kill to see some of those older seasons. Especially Hawaii, for the sheer fun of mocking that idiot Kaia and her love of green terrycloth shirts.

I hated Key West, it was so boring.

+ Reply to Thread