+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Worlds past

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I liked it when the people on the Real World were actually real people, not just over the top stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2199596;
    I liked it when the people on the Real World were actually real people, not just over the top stereotypes.
    Yeah and now it's all about getting drunk and getting wild, but I like it better right now on RW: Denver when noones getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2198926;
    They used to, until they got too big for their britches. Several years ago, MTV tried syndicating the past seasons. I think it was Miami back that they sold into syndication, which meant they could no longer show them on MTV. They even did a big "last chance" marathon week or weekend where they showed them all for the last time. Then, the shows started airing on broadcast stations , but the ratings were horrible. (not a big surprise - what is a strong audience for cable is peanuts for broadcast) But now, they're bound not to air them on MTV, and no one in their right mind would pay to air them anywhere else.

But it does surprise me that they've never released full seasons, rather than the feature type stuff they've done, on DVD. It seems to me this show screams with potential for special features sort of stuff.
    Seasons 1-4, New York, LA, San Francisco and London were sold into syndication, never to be seen on MTV again. The full seasons of the original New York and Las Vegas are on DVD. My guess is they didn't sell real well or they would be putting all the seasons on DVD.

I remember Boston really well...*sigh*...I miss it. I think it was the very first RW I watched all of.

I loved it when they showed marathons of it, which I caught also.

I liked that cast and the storylines were good.

I also liked b2NY, I liked the way the friendship finally developed between Mike and Coral, who both learned things and changed a bit. They hated each other at first then were friends.

I watched Hawaii but didn't really like Justin (?) or Kaia, she was too full of herself and I hated the way she was treating Amaya towards the end. Yes Amaya made kind of a fool of herself, but Kaia and Justin(?) (who was plotting to turn people against her or something on that trip they took) just completely made me ill.

Somebody tell me if I've got that right...was it Justin or Colin, the guy who was gay and hated almost everyone?

Anyway this season so far has me really missing the old shows. I also liked Seattle and San Diego somewhat.

Brooke is crazy, Jen and Colie just suck, and the rest are boring.

I too wish they had made DVD's out of all the old seasons. I know I would have bought some.

lily

FORT Regular
    do any of you remember real world paris? i remember liking it i think, can anyone refresh me?

lol, i just found this:

oh! that was CT's season. haha look at him. he changed!

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax1;2200192;
    Somebody tell me if I've got that right...was it Justin or Colin, the guy who was gay and hated almost everyone?
    That was Justin. Colin was the one that hooked up with Amaya. Real World's first real on screen relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by rlykewlantm;2200206;
    do any of you remember real world paris? i remember liking it i think, can anyone refresh me?

lol, i just found this:

oh! that was CT's season. haha look at him. he changed!
    This is a season I was wanting to watch.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I actually thought Paris was kind of boring. Wasn't there a British guy on it or something and he said something that all the Americans thought was anti-American? I didn't pay much attention to the season... although I remember not liking CT at all (which I still don't).

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2200514;
    I actually thought Paris was kind of boring. Wasn't there a British guy on it or something and he said something that all the Americans thought was anti-American? I didn't pay much attention to the season... although I remember not liking CT at all (which I still don't).
    Paris was filmed during the same time that Bush declared war. Simon, the (I think) Irish guy, said that the war was uncalled for. Leah, who was from NY and had attended 12+ funerals after 9/11, flipped out and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. Leah was ALWAYS attacking people for having different opinions/behaviors than her own........she was especially awful to CT.

Although after she apologised to CT at the Paris reunion I started to actually like her on The Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;2200827;
    Paris was filmed during the same time that Bush declared war. Simon, the (I think) Irish guy, said that the war was uncalled for. Leah, who was from NY and had attended 12+ funerals after 9/11, flipped out and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. Leah was ALWAYS attacking people for having different opinions/behaviors than her own........she was especially awful to CT.

Although after she apologised to CT at the Paris reunion I started to actually like her on The Inferno.
    Wasn't their alot of fighting on this season?

+ Reply to Thread