+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Meat 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Fresh Meat 2

Wes is unbelievable. He completely screwed over his best friend, and then said he didn't, and then suggested that Danny should call and apologize to him. He's a crappy friend, a crappy person, and, I think, crazy.

I felt so bad for Danny and Sandy. What I really loathe about Wes and Evelyn is that they think they are so high and mighty, saying things like "you have to take this one for the alliance" and "if they can't beat Pete and Gillian they don't deserve to come back." Gillian has always been good in elimination challenges like this, and they sent home Darrell and Caramaria. If you're going to be cutthroat and cold like that, fine, but don't pretend like it's anywhere close to fair.

FORT Fogey

I am completely baffled why Kenny keeps choosing who they tell him to. Why would he not send Wes in every single time? I know that the others would choose his alliance members, but they are anyways, and Wes has a horrid partner so he just might lose. Are they secretly working together or am I missing something?

I think that what they should have done with the Exile is that they had the girls compete against the girls and the guys against the guys in a challenge and whatever girl won and whatever guy won became the team that came back. I am sick of all these strong people losing because they did not draw a good pick on a partner. It would also give the contestants more incentive to want to win a challenge, and throw new angles in to try and pick the ones to go in.

I think there is no truth that Kenny and Derrell got picks one and two ramdomly. I think the producers knew exactly what they were doing, and wanted these two to have the most chance of sticking around to cause Wes conflict. I am starting to see that these shows are really manipulated by the production to get the results they want.

On a side note, I could not get the Grease soundtrack from stopping in my head over the constant Danny and Sandy references last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3895221;
    Wes is unbelievable. He completely screwed over his best friend, and then said he didn't, and then suggested that Danny should call and apologize to him. He's a crappy friend, a crappy person, and, I think, crazy.

I missed why he chose Danny. I was shaking my head the whole episode why he put him in. Only thing I could come up with was he knew that Landon and CJ were on to him, and he had to prove loyal to them and had nowhere else to go. However, why is he bothering to pick the team that should be Kenny's pick, and why is Kenny doing it the way Wes wants? I guess I am not paying attention enough.

I understand that this is a game and it is a mental and physical game. The only problem is when you depend on your friendships to save you. The goal is to win. Winning will not be given to you, you have got to work for it. Both Wes and Evelyn have finally figured it out and are treating the challenge as a job. Both Wes and Evelyn are trying to get to the final four unfortunately they cannot protect everyone and carry everyone. I do get why Evelyn says that Danny and Sandy had to prove that they deserved to be there. If Wes and Evelyn did not send Danny in to the Exhile then their alliance would potentially blow up. They are juggling several teams and they have to keep everyone happy. That being said, if you want to win at this game shouldn't you be in the best physical shape of your life. It certainly doesn't appear as if some contestants care about that at all.

I do think that Kenny has an unfair advantage with Laurel as a partner. If he had a normal sized girl he would not be as successful in the challenges as he currently is. I do see why he would be OK with sending Danny into Exhile as Danny is big and I can see Kenny trying to whittle down the competition to the finale, also Danny is not in his alliance so Kenny is eliminating a team that is against him. Also Kenny can't win the challenges forever. That is the same mistake that contestants on Survivor make. You need threefold strategy to win this game. I don't blame Wes for doing this as it was time. The real question is would Wes have been able to do this if the Evil Trio had been intact for this season. As a bit of a sidebar to that, I was very surprised that after the way Kenny treated Sarah in the previous Challenge that she was in an alliance with him.

As far as the confessionals go, I do really believe that alot of the trash talking is encouraged by the producers. Kenny does it very well, but it get old after all this time. Noor trashtalking Carey after she fell twice into the water was just in poor taste and he did a horrible job of it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just checked. There are 8 teams left. Technically 4 teams in each alliance. But 2 teams are moles.

Wes Alliance
    1. Wes/Mandi
    2. Evelyn/Luke
    3. Landon/Carley
    4. CJ/Sydney

Kenny Alliance
    1. Kenny/Laurel
    2. Jillian/Pete
    3. Jenn/Noor - mole
    4. Ryan/Theresa - mole

The problem here is that only 4 teams were going into the finale and 6 of these teams are potentially in Wes's alliance.

Even if Kenny is sent into Exhile, can any of the females compete against Laurel? Evelyn yes, but the size deferential could be a big factor.

At this point who would want to go into Exhile against Kenny and Laurel? No one wants to be the sacrificial lamb when they currently have a 50/50 chance of going to the finale. Well, at this point if Kenny goes in then so do Jillian and Pete.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-06-2010 at 10:03 AM.

FORT Fogey

So Kenny expects that Ryan and Theresa will be thrown in every time. So he lets Ryan select who he wants to go against. Ryan selects whoever Wes tells him to select.
    Wes is protecting Ryan because he wants to go against him in the exile and he is also a mole. Danny wasn't contributing to the team and he was not integral to the alliance so he was viewed as expendable. Wes and Evelyn are running things and CJ, Landon, and Danny are seen as expendable. I think Danny was selected this week because CJ was already pissed and Danny was the loner and a trouble maker.
    It is obvious that Wes is only trying to protect himself and he is just using his alliance. I don't know why nobody does anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3895309;
    I think that what they should have done with the Exile is that they had the girls compete against the girls and the guys against the guys in a challenge and whatever girl won and whatever guy won became the team that came back. I am sick of all these strong people losing because they did not draw a good pick on a partner. It would also give the contestants more incentive to want to win a challenge, and throw new angles in to try and pick the ones to go in.
    This is a freaking great idea, the only problem is the producers will never go for it because for some reason they are all obsessed with the douchebags winning (usually Evan, Kenny and Johnny) and they usually go to great lengths to make sure they have the most friends and strongest partners on the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3895309;
    I think there is no truth that Kenny and Derrell got picks one and two ramdomly. I think the producers knew exactly what they were doing, and wanted these two to have the most chance of sticking around to cause Wes conflict. I am starting to see that these shows are really manipulated by the production to get the results they want.
    Of course they did, they love setting up Kenny & Co. versus Wes. It happens every challenge and I have no doubt that they do lots of things to help their favorites out (I bet if Kenny had shown up to that exile instead of CJ he would have been allowed to see the course).

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3895720;
    So Kenny expects that Ryan and Theresa will be thrown in every time. So he lets Ryan select who he wants to go against. Ryan selects whoever Wes tells him to select.
    Wes is protecting Ryan because he wants to go against him in the exile and he is also a mole. Danny wasn't contributing to the team and he was not integral to the alliance so he was viewed as expendable. Wes and Evelyn are running things and CJ, Landon, and Danny are seen as expendable. I think Danny was selected this week because CJ was already pissed and Danny was the loner and a trouble maker.

Well, after the way Danny got drunk, threw a piece of cheese at Wes and potentially got into a fight with Brandon and with Wes being injured I could see why Danny would have to prove to the alliance why do they need him. He can't control his liquor, if he actually hit Brandon he would be off the show and he lets the stress of the game get to him emotionally. He can't control himself and Wes can't control him. On the other hand Landon and CJ do see the benefits of sticking together and keeping out of trouble. If anyone had to prove anything to the team it was Danny. The other side of this is that if Danny had been able to win Exile he would have proven a point to his team and would have saved himself from the next Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3895720;
    It is obvious that Wes is only trying to protect himself and he is just using his alliance. I don't know why nobody does anything about it.
    Wes is only doing what the Evil Trio did for themselves. Did Evan or Kenny ever go into a Duel, the Ruins or Exile when they were running the show. The fact that Wes has a strategy and it is working means he has others following him. The side benefits of being the main strategist is being kept out of Exile.

No one in the last several seasons except Wes has tried to break the Evil Thrio Alliance so while I do see Ryan and Jenn and CJ and Landon talking about it will they be able to do anything about it.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-06-2010 at 08:25 PM.

FORT Fogey

Did the so-called "Evil Trio" ever do to any of theirs what Wes did to Danny?? No. They've done crappy things, but not to the people who are supposed to be their best friends. Not that Danny should get a free ride, but he should have at least gotten Theresa and Ryan. And Wes should have at least been up front about it. Trying to say that he didn't completely betray Danny, and that Danny should apologize to Him?? It's ridiculous. He goes back and double-crosses people, he contradicts himself, he does terrible ridiculous things, he provokes people, he's just as nasty a shady jerk as anyone else, even more so. And yet somehow he manages to rationalize it to himself that he's the only one with any intelligence and/or integrity. And people buy it. It's ludicrous.

To whoever asked why Kenny doesn't just throw Wes in every time - it wouldn't be smart. Wes, himself, is not a threat. Mandi sucks, and Wes isn't exactly a great partner. Kenny and Laurel have a great shot at winning against anybody in that house, one on one. The only ones I possibly see beating them are Pete and Gillian. Gillian doesn't do things when she's scared (it would have been crazy to jump on Pete's back) but she has consistently shown on this and other challenges that she does very well in Exile-type situations.

FORT Fogey

Wes is a threat. He is holding his team together. If Wes goes, his alliance could crumble. It would be smart to get him out.
    Kenny has done worse than what Wes is doing. Remember what he did to Paula on the Island? Remember how he treated Sarah on the last challenge. It is easy to forget how they behave in past challenges but I still remember Kenny is the Devil. I still remember!

+ Reply to Thread