+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Fresh Meat 2

FORT Fan

Re: Fresh Meat 2

Quote Originally Posted by Petjen;3883529;
    I'd also love to know what these people do when they're not doing challenges? How in the hell do they get the time off of work? I want a gig like that.
    I think for a lot of them, this IS their job. I mean, they get an appearance fee just for being on the shows right? Then they get the opportunity to win even more. Which is probably why the same people are on it all the time-they are the ones who look at these challenges as their 'career' and don't bother to get real jobs, so they don't have to worry about asking for time off.

Then too, I know that a lot of these reality show people pick up party hosting jobs-they get paid a certain amount including expenses to come to a nightclub and the idea is that people will come to see them. I've worked in several clubs where we had Real World kids come, but I didn't really see any difference in the turnout. But I read an article years ago where Ace from the Paris show said that you could make a lot of money doing just that, so I'd guess a lot of the challenge regulars do that between seasons.

FORT Fogey

Wes is a very intelligent guy. He knows how to talk to people, he knows how to think things through, and he is good athletically. He is almost perfect for this type of show. Again sometimes I like him, and sometimes I do not, but he is the perfect mix for a reality game type show.

Kenny is an overbloated jerk. Only good thing I can say about him is at least he has to work this season for his spot. Last time he just coasted through doing nothing.

I would love to see Landon and his partner win. I have always liked Landon, and while he is not as shrewd as Wes in the mental portions of the game he is phyisically very good. I also like how he has matured through the years. When he did not have a girlfriend, he was hooking up like young people do, but now that he is in a good relationship, he has toned it down, and is there for the right reasons. I really like this guy.

I feel a producer ploy to get Laurel with Kenny and Cara Maria with Darrell. I think they knew that it would be Wes and his posse against those two so the producers insured that they would get the first two picks to keep them around for drama. Cara just did not live up to her scores, and Laurel just had to be the one that Kenny got.

FORT Newbie

this is the first RR/RW challenge that i can't stand. it's all about wes & kenny & i hate them both so it pains me to see all their little puppets do whatever they say. like hello? why don't you new people team up against them? surely none of them think wes or kenny would let them take their chance in the final over themselves so idk why they are holding so much stock in their alliance having their back.

out of the two i'd rather have kenny win, though. solely because he's better looking lol. they're both douchebags in my book.

FORT Fogey

It is kind of hard to team up against them when they win a lot to keep themselves in the game. Kenny has won two of the three challenges so far, and Wes would be winning more and did win a lot even with Casey as a partner. They are powerhouses in the athletic department, and therefore nobody feels safe going against them. Plus a lot of the guys that athletically can like Darrell, Landon, Mark are all from the older school and a lot of the vets are now of the timeframe of Kenny and Wes so they know them. Really there is noone there that athletically can stand up to either of them accept maybe Landon and his partner is garbage, and Nore, but his partner is garbage and he is new so people ignore him.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3884752;
    It is kind of hard to team up against them when they win a lot to keep themselves in the game. Kenny has won two of the three challenges so far, and Wes would be winning more and did win a lot even with Casey as a partner. They are powerhouses in the athletic department, and therefore nobody feels safe going against them. Plus a lot of the guys that athletically can like Darrell, Landon, Mark are all from the older school and a lot of the vets are now of the timeframe of Kenny and Wes so they know them. Really there is noone there that athletically can stand up to either of them accept maybe Landon and his partner is garbage, and Nore, but his partner is garbage and he is new so people ignore him.
    i get all that. but what i didn't understand about the alliance thing was that kenny & wes's alliances were pretty even at one point. so at the time that kenny & his partner were up for exile why didn't people in kenny's alliance put wes up against him? unless wes won that challenge cuz i didn't see that episode until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gabster32;3885463;
    i get all that. but what i didn't understand about the alliance thing was that kenny & wes's alliances were pretty even at one point. so at the time that kenny & his partner were up for exile why didn't people in kenny's alliance put wes up against him? unless wes won that challenge cuz i didn't see that episode until the end.
    The whole point was to protect the people in Wes's alliance and what better thing to do then vote in a member of Kenny's alliance. It is a win win situation in that you weaken the other alliance by reducing how it by one team and there is a 50/50 chance that you will eliminate the leader (Kenny). This way Wes is protecting himself and every team in his alliance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I get that winning means you get to throw the first couple in all of your choosing, but I find it unfair that if you win you get no vote towards the second couple.

I think some of these pairings do not push themselves at all to try and win. I really do not think Kenny is this amazing speciman that can win and noone else can. I think they are a bunch of lazy entitled people that need to step it up. They have chances that a lot of regular people like us would love, and they quit time and time again. Gillian not even trying to get in the water is pathetic. A lot of the guys just take being mediocre, and that is it. There is a lot of money on the line, and I think a lot are okay with just being there. I want to actually see some real competitiveness from these people. Paula at least stepped it up, and was trying. I am sick of seeing the same people winning over and over.

FORT Fogey

I sort of get where Gillian was coming from though - she was sure she was going to get thrown in again, so she wanted to save her strength. Okay. Unless you win, right? Plus, she'd only been thrown in once, the first time, and it made sense since she truly was a very, very tough competitor on the last challenge she was on. So, I understand her logic, but not her timing. She's a great big wet blanket isn't she?

I don't think Gillian should have quit so easily. It doesn't send a great message to her alliance. Her alliance needs her to win. She can't get sent in if she wins. Who would want to team up with her if her strategy is to throw the challenges? If she wanted to save her strength, she could have just pretended to try.
    I like that the winner gets to pick one person and then not get a say in who else goes in. I think it makes sense. Win they win, they throw someone else in AND they cannot go into exile. They are safe. Nobody else is safe.
    I think it is a little less fair that the pair that is selected by the winners doesn't get a vote.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Interesting episode. We all know people who say they can do this and that and yet when we see them in a physical challenge they don't seem to perform up to the image they have presented. Poor Katelyn, I really expected her to have done better on the water rock wall challenge just because of arm and leg length and upper body strength. It did look very painful when she slipped and fell and hit every single rock on the way down.

I do think Kenny lucked out having Laurel as a partner. She is 6 ft tall. Most of the other girls are what 5'2", 5'3", 5'4" and Evelyn is like 5' or less. Huge advantage there. I do wonder however if Kenny had been gotten a partner of regular height, would he be dominating the challenges so much. I don't think it is fair of TJ to say Kenny is dominating the challenges as if Kenny alone is responsible for that. Laurel is pretty much equally responsible for Kenny's success. Unfortunately, Laurel is not being given any of the credit either by Kenny or TJ. How typical of the male to take all the credit.

While I truly appreciate Wes and Evelyn having an alliance I do understand why they really do not want to tell their entire alliance anything. Luke, Evelyn, partner cannot shut up. I doubt the others can either. Then there are the veterans, like Danny, who through their own stupid behavior attempt to destroy any chance they have for success and destroy the alliance from within. I really hate, hate, hate it when someone like Danny, uses being drunk as an excuse for his vile behavior. If you are an idiot when you drink then don't drink. Or learn to handle your liquor. If you can't you are not a man, you are an immature brat. The point of being in the alliance is to progress as far as possible, to make as much money as possible, therefore what Danny does is tantamount to drinking on the job and he should be fired because he not only a danger to himself but to others. Brandon was not much better. I can only imagine if things had been more heated and poor Wes in the process of breaking up the fight ended up with a possible concussion or skull fracture. I didn't see either Danny or Brandon apologize to Wes for their behavior. What a pair of douche bags. I hope that Wes can keep control of the alliance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread