+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World Denver

It does, doesn't it??? All of the kids playing to the cameras instead of living a real life.

I'm trying to think of the last one that I really enjoyed... might have been Back to New York. And I forgot to mention that I, too, loved London.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2113350;
    Everyone has their roles based on their gender, sexuality, and/or race and really how "real" is it when a mansion and job is provided for them?! I'd like to see a RW where they're forced to live in a crummy apartment and find their own jobs.
    That used to be the case back in the day. And the show was infinitely better and had much more substance. That's back when the show used to tackle issues and not just be a 4 month long frat party(not that I don't enjoy watching the frat party), but it was better before they cheapened the show.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

I wanted to be on the real world

Hey guys, Has anyone ever tried out for the realworld? I did. I live in minneapolis and a open casting call was held in madison,wisconsin. I drove 6 hours I thought they liked me, I had a second interview and everything.
    what happened? At that time key west was being filmed and little did I know they already had a gay from Minneapolis which is Tyler as we all know. I wanted to go to Denver but the crew would not tell us where it was being filmed rw18. What does a guy have to do to get on reality tv?

Quote Originally Posted by tesmpls;2114881;
    Hey guys, Has anyone ever tried out for the realworld? I did. I live in minneapolis and a open casting call was held in madison,wisconsin. I drove 6 hours I thought they liked me, I had a second interview and everything.
    what happened? At that time key west was being filmed and little did I know they already had a gay from Minneapolis which is Tyler as we all know. I wanted to go to Denver but the crew would not tell us where it was being filmed rw18. What does a guy have to do to get on reality tv?
    I actually had a call back for Road Rules back in the day It was a fun experience, but obviously nothing came from that.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Did anyone else see the casting episode? Paula should sue the hair and makeup department!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by endia;2112168;
    i'm so sick of the angry black man stereotype. this season, it seems there are two. i saw the trailer and as a black woman, i'm disappointed and won't be watching.
    I agree it's either the biracial black girl or angry black guy, no diversity in the casting in recent years.

This season looks as good as most seasons do during previews, let's just hope it lives up to its hype. Looks okay though. Lots of conflict I think.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    I think it is kinda unfair to put a gay guy in with a homophobe. It's unfair to both, but as a gay man myself, I think that it would just be very hard to get comfortable there.

Boo to casting for conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats;2131414;
    I think it is kinda unfair to put a gay guy in with a homophobe. It's unfair to both, but as a gay man myself, I think that it would just be very hard to get comfortable there.

Boo to casting for conflict.
    Isn't that what they've done every season?????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2131420;
    Isn't that what they've done every season?????
    Yeah it was funny too because I remember on the casting special for the Seattle season (maybe it was later) they asked one of the guys if they thought that they were casting for conflict -- the casting people said they weren't.

Of course they cast for conflict, and yeah I guess it makes for good tv. Still, I think that totally sucks for poor Davis.

+ Reply to Thread