Closed Thread
Page 61 of 161 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2532327;
    A lot of my friends that got married right out of college have small engagement rings, which were what their fiances could afford at the time. I think it's smart to spend within your means...going into debt for an engagement ring (or lavish wedding) is ridiculous and I have no problem with being conscientious about spending. I think the point that vgood2 was trying to make, though, is that Brillo Head-Horse Teeth is such a fraud--he pretends to be something that he's not--a high roller. And a high roller wouldn't spend $3,000 on an engagement ring for the love of his life, or whatever gag-inducing phrase he used to describe Heidi.

For any normal couple, that ring would've been fine (although I didn't like it...). But for a walking mouth like Spencer, no. It's hideous. Also, this is the same guy last year who made it clear that he would NEVER buy Heidi an engagement ring...he probably got a lot of flack from that comment and so had to scrape up a ring from somewhere...
    I was grossed out by the way he went about purchasing the ring. Absolutely NO passion, it was ALL ABOUT SPENCER!
    I'd bet that he probably puts more thought into a "Grande" or "Vente" Latte when he makes his Starbucks run after his weekly yoga class.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by ladidanz;2532512;
    http://www.eonline.com/static/audio/BodyLanguage.mp3
    Here's the link to Heidi's new single featuring Spencer.
    Oh that's just awful! The song itself isn't horrible but Spencer's rap is really bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2532327;
    A lot of my friends that got married right out of college have small engagement rings, which were what their fiances could afford at the time. I think it's smart to spend within your means...going into debt for an engagement ring (or lavish wedding) is ridiculous and I have no problem with being conscientious about spending. I think the point that vgood2 was trying to make, though, is that Brillo Head-Horse Teeth is such a fraud--he pretends to be something that he's not--a high roller. And a high roller wouldn't spend $3,000 on an engagement ring for the love of his life, or whatever gag-inducing phrase he used to describe Heidi.
    That is exactly the point I was trying to make. He claims to be a "big shot," he drives around in a BMW (which I suspect is paid for by his parents and or a trust fund), he lives in a very nice apartment, where I am sure the rent is probably equal to or higher than what he paid for the ring. If she was truly the love of his life and he were serious about marrying her, he would not have bought her that ring. I don't think that spending beyond your means for anything is smart, and I don't think the value of a ring is equal to how much you love someone, but if my fiance was driving around in at minimum a 60,000 BMW, and living in an expensive apartment, and just bought a Jellyfish Tank that was more expensive than my ring, I would think one of two things, A) He's Cheap, and Spencer is not cheap as evidenced by the car he drives, the apartment he lives in, the clubs he frequents, the clothes he wears, or B) He is not serious about me, doesn't want to have to worry about getting an expensive ring back when we break up, and is perhaps trying to pacify me. I too have many friends that got married young, when they were just starting out, and their engagement rings are small, this is not Spencer. Clearly, he comes from a family with money, and has access to a sizeable income from somewhere, and that ring, in my humble opinion is not a real engagement ring from someone who is clearly in a position to spend more for an engagement ring. Spencer is such a showboat that there is no way if he truly was getting engaged, he would purchase this type of ring, he would have gotten her a ring, where the value was more in line with his financial means.

Does anyone know what MUTF stands for?
    When Lauren was telling Whitney about Heidi going in to see Audrina at work and inviting them to her house-warming (I think that was when it was) Whitney seemed to say MUTF in response to something Lauren said.
    I've been trying to figure out what that stands for, but have not come up with anything that makes a whole lot of sense.

That song of Heidi's is dire, imo, but quite a few young females have become rich off very little talent.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2533875;
    When Lauren was telling Whitney about Heidi going in to see Audrina at work and inviting them to her house-warming (I think that was when it was) Whitney seemed to say MUTF in response to something Lauren said.
    I've been trying to figure out what that stands for, but have not come up with anything that makes a whole lot of sense
    If we're thinking of the same conversation, Whitney said "WTF" (What The F*ck). I remember thinking it was weird that she said the letters like she was online, but then my nephew actually says "LOL".

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2533875;
    I've been trying to figure out what that stands for, but have not come up with anything that makes a whole lot of sense.

That song of Heidi's is dire, imo, but quite a few young females have become rich off very little talent.
    She actually said WTF, as in "what the......" LOL

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vgood2;2533538;
    I would think one of two things, A) He's Cheap, and Spencer is not cheap as evidenced by the car he drives, the apartment he lives in, the clubs he frequents, the clothes he wears, or B) He is not serious about me, doesn't want to have to worry about getting an expensive ring back when we break up, and is perhaps trying to pacify me.
    When I was younger, I was dating a guy who made a TON of money and told me to my face -- after he spent $15,000 on computer equipment for his own personal use -- that he thought it was a waste of money to spend a lot of money on an engagement ring and a wedding. But he had no problems returning gifts I gave him for his birthday or Christmas and exchanging them for things WAY more expensive--usually with me along so that I'd feel obligated to pay for the difference. (I was stupid back then...) After we broke up (for unrelated reasons), I told my parents and my dad said that any man who would spend that kind of money on himself -- but not on something that would last forever for the woman he professed to love isn't the right man for me. You can buy tasteful jewelry for modest prices. That ring Spencer got her doesn't even look like an engagement ring...ITA vgood2, Spencer consistently spends a ton of money on himself. He put no thought or effort into that ring for Heidi, which pretty much sums up how he feels about her--it's all a lark, a game.

And that song is so bland and nondescript. I couldn't even make it to the part where Spencer "raps"...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-18-2007 at 08:19 PM.

I actually didn't think the song was bad at all. For all the people saying it's awful I would ask if you've heard mainstream music before. That song sounds like anything I would hear on the radio today. It's not especially good singing or original - which is the case for most singers on teh radio today - but it's great for club music. And I actually though Spencer's rap, was decent and I'm no Spencer fan. All in all not bad, but it won't be a success because Heidi doesn't have a star quality about her.

I actually disagree that Spencer became engaged to Heidi for show. I notice the way he looks at her sometimes, the looks he gives her are looks of a guy who really cares for the girl he's with. I also think Spencer is highly impulsive and spoiled, so when he wants something he's used to getting it. I think he just wanted to get engaged and he knew he needed a ring to propose. He seems serious about the engagment, but not the ring. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I also think the fact that Spencer is so impulsive and spoiled will result in Heidi and his eventual break up.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear;2534254;
    I actually didn't think the song was bad at all. For all the people saying it's awful I would ask if you've heard mainstream music before. That song sounds like anything I would hear on the radio today.
    Not to belabor the point, but just 'cause a song gets played on the radio, it doesn't mean it's good. And just 'cause something a reality star recorded and released sounds like it would fit into mainstream music, that doesn't make it good either.

I just watched the 'proposal' episode. Wow! He stumbled over his words and Heidi didn't even say yes. Spencer didn't even know what finger to put it on! It was cheesy, at best. Also, Heidi was mad about the 'paint job' on the walls. That took some time! How long was she out shopping?

Does anyone else see a repeat of Heidi and Spencer where Lauren is concerened with Audrina and Justin Bobby? Does Lauren have something against her friends dating? That would drive me nuts!

Closed Thread