+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Miss Seventeen (MTV)

I think the concept of this show as a good one but MTV totally screwed it up. I wished the show had a host too like Hilary Duff or someone...

I just watched the finale, and whaddya know? I was actually kinda proud of Jen. She HAS overcome a lot in her life. Maybe that's part of the reason she won.

I knew that was Bri. I just knew.

I think maybe Jess was just a little too nice. Maybe not enough personality. Jen did have a few minor screw ups, which goes to show she isn't perfect, but as she says thinks she is still a role model.

Oh, and for you, Closet Nerd.... you took what I said the wrong way. It was meant tongue in cheek, a lil bit of humour about the personas. Not that I can't handle nice people. After all, I'm not exactly a foul-mouthed smart ass slut myself, ya know? (well i wont say i never swear, but that's hardly a ticket to Hell, is it?)

As for role models, if I was still seventeen (oh my how the years do fly!) I would want a role model who was NOT perfect. You aren't perfect you got more to overcome, more to be proud of when you do, you know?

Now I'm gonna be bored on Mondays and Thursdays I guess. I always go thru a lil withdrawal when my shows end.

And Dawaj, I absolutely LOVED your poem. Much much better than Sasha's, hands down! (and she is going to performing arts high school for that?)...
    Dawaj:
    Sasha: :nono

lily

I was a bit surprised that Jen won I was rooting for Jessica and she seemed the better candidate. I don't know what Atoosa was looking for or what her criteria was, but I liked how Jen answered Bre's last question. Bre was really trying to make the girls look fake and having ulterior motives. I do wonder if there were more questions that were edited out. Do you think that Bre came across a tad defensive or if nothing else trying to bring the two candidates down??????

I totally forgot about the season finale last night! Can anyone do a recap?! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi37 View Post
    wahoo Jen the wisconsin girl won............ I wish that my enthusiasm was more than that we come from the same state..........but this show was a "well there is nothing better on" type of show for me..........so I can't really vouch for who was a better candidate..............from the little I could tell I'm thinking Jen won cause she was more gutsy and had a more relatable story than Jessica...........however feel free to rip that assumption apart cause like I said was not an avid viewer......however again yeah WI pride..........I like anything that shows that Wisconsinites are not all fatty cheese loving, beer drinking, puker fans!! (yes I'll admit I fall into one of the categories, (bows head shamefully, I"M SORRY I LOVE CHEESE) but anyway ya all get what I mean
    I have lived in Wisconsin all my life. I moved in July here. I really do miss it. However it's finally nice that someone from Wisconsin wins a Reality show. The closest we have come is Sue Hawk's 4th place on Survivor.

Did the blonde girl win or the brunette one? thanx
    "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day." - Linda Evangelista

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax1 View Post
    Dawaj:
    Sasha: :nono

lily
    Thank you! Now let me give you a call and repeat it again!

I didn't catch the finale--was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by ModelGuy384 View Post
    Did the blonde girl win or the brunette one? thanx

The Blonde

well, I got home to watch the last five minutes of the show. I have to say that Jen's Seventeen cover looked amazing! I never thought her to be attractive, but that pic was of a very pretty girl

I just saw the cover today at CVS. It was really beautiful! Does anyone have a scan or anything of it?

+ Reply to Thread