+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Miss Seventeen (MTV)

Thank you

The remaining girls are uninspired and boring.

I find it funny how almost every week the show focuses on one girl and makes her the common enemy.

Personally, I thought Connie was the one most like a teenage girl. I think Seventeen Magazine needs someone who emits imperfection but isn't afraid of it.

I liked Sasha until she showed she has no sense of humor and is too deep to laugh at herself.

Jen cries too much.

Jill seems so...perfect. Too good to be true.

All that said, I'm rooting for Jessica.

Ah, Jill is gone. I thought she seemed so pulled together that she would be the winner. Yet, I again I thought the foreshadowing was too strong and I knew that Jill was going. I thought it was because she was gushing over the "future rock star" or using the word 'fricking' I was starting to get a head of steam going, cause I knew Otoosa was going to eliminate her. Then I heard Otoosa's reasoning. Well, you can't go into someone's bag and access their cell phone. Too bad. Out of the rest of the candidates I hope Jesica wins. Sasha is going to get her butt kicked with her attitude. Her self confidence is ok but in areas she is not sure of herself it comes across so defensive I just want to bitch slap her. Her response is what gives woman of color a bad name. I see it everyday on the Judge shows and it ain't pretty. I see it a work too, and it ain't pretty there.

I was shocked Jill left. She seems so "safe" and that seemed like what they were looking for. Sasha is starting to grate my nerves and she was one of my early favorites. Really though, why does she have the same poem everytime?

Wow, Jill went home. That is the most surprising out of all of the girls. Jill seemed the most grounded and mature out of all of the girls. Definitely not about the drama. I missed the "cell phone incident" but either it was really bad or just an easy excuse, because I NEVER saw anything that would make me doubt Jill was the Number 1 choice!

The cell phone incident appeared at the end when Atoosa told her about it. Definitely NOT a good move on her part, in fact very stupid. She has to understand she's working for them and she can't go through their clients stuff just because of her own infatuation with him. I was surprised she would do something so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb View Post
    The cell phone incident appeared at the end when Atoosa told her about it. Definitely NOT a good move on her part, in fact very stupid. She has to understand she's working for them and she can't go through their clients stuff just because of her own infatuation with him. I was surprised she would do something so dumb.
    Remember she is just 17 (I think) and her hormones just shot off. The magazine is setting the bar of behaviour very high especially to todays teen who thinks they can do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawaj
    Sasha is starting to grate my nerves and she was one of my early favorites. Really though, why does she have the same poem everytime?
    ITA. After hearing it at least 3 times I am ready for a new poem. Maybe its the only one she has written???

I first thought the contestants were supposed to be 17, but they're 18 to 20.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I first thought the contestants were supposed to be 17, but they're 18 to 20.

These kids come across alot younger than 18 oto 20, I thought they were more in the range of 15 thru 17.

Hey it could be worse at least these kids have some self control look at the examples MTV normally throws at us on Real World and the Gauntlet.

These kids may be 18-20, but the amount of stuff they've accomplished would definitely set them apart from your standard college freshmans and sophmores. They shouldn't be ignorant to simple business standards of conducts, especially Jill, who has interned at the House of Representatives before.

+ Reply to Thread