+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Run's House (MTV)

Such a sad loss for the family. It would not make sense to edit or delete it from the show, because the next season will revolve around her pregnancy and I guess they will document the sad birth too.
    You betta stop interruptin my prayers before the Lord directs me to whoop yo ass!
    -Flavor of Love 2

MTV Reality Blog

Was that not something that a sonogram could catch? It's so sad. That family is so nice.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    Was that not something that a sonogram could catch? It's so sad. That family is so nice.
    Sonograms can only show so much. Unfortuanately, they can't catch everything--and even if they did, I doubt most parents would opt to abort that late in the pregnancy.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 10-05-2006 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Sonograms can only show so much. Unfortuanately, they can't catch everything--and even if they did, I doubt most parents would opt to abort that late in the pregnancy.
    I seriously doubt that they would have opted to terminate the pregnancy, but I do think they would opt to not have mtv film it. That's just what I was wondering. If they knew there was a chance, or if it was a complete surprise.

I have a friend who had the same problem during her pregnancy, however they did catch it and delivered the baby c-section and rushed him to surgery. He was saved but the doctors truly felt that it was mere luck.
    Yup, with donuts!!

RUN'S HOUSE on MTV New Season April 9th

Tonight started the new season for Run's House. This was a very emotional episode for the season opener as the camera's kept rolling as Justine at 9 months pregnant delivers Victoria Ann Simmons. The baby died. Watching the entire family interact on the news of the baby's death was heartbreaking yet amazing as they bonded together like the wonderful family that they all are!!!

The upcoming previews that were shown tonight prove that this will be a another great season for RUN'S HOUSE.

Re: Run's House (MTV)

I had to watch that part on mute because my fiance was on the phone, but I teared up as well. I lost a child to SIDs and I just feel for anyone who bonds and loses a child. RUN continues to just amaze me with his insight and faith.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just read an article about the new season of Run's House (think it was in People). They did have an early indication that something was wrong with the baby, however, because of their strong religious beliefs, termination of the pregnancy was not an option. I believe, if I remember correctly, they were going to put it in God's hands, and finish out the pregnancy, knowing the outcome would most likely be that the baby wouldn't survive. They wanted to film it, because many other couples have gone through that devastating experience, and they wanted to show how faith and family could help you heal from it. In addition, I remember Run talking about how he would not let his family dwell on it, and insisted that they move forward and not look back.
    Even after reading that, and knowing from the previews what was going to happen, I didn't expect to get so emotional myself. I thought Justine was so amazing and strong for her children, even though she was obviously devastated. They look like they all love eachother and are a very strong family unit, something that is rare on "reality tv".

FORT Regular

I saw Run and his family on Oprah a couple of days ago and they discussed the episode with the baby dying. They said that they opted not to cut it out of the MTV series because it was a REALITY show. They wanted the audience to experience their fun times as a family, but as well as their grief and sorrow. I think that is amazing that they were able to share that with the nation. I just had a baby myself two weeks ago, and I couldn't imagine losing him, much less having to share it with the entire nation. I think it shows a lot of character and faith to be able to do that sort of thing.

I saw the first episode of Season 2 and boy was I in tears. It was very sad and you could both see and feel the pain.

I am glad they are considering adopting.

+ Reply to Thread