+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Run's House (MTV)

I just heard the sad news that the Simmon's baby girl died shortly after childbirth. I was so upset to hear the news. It was what they really wanted. It was said the MTV was at the hospital but it is unsure if the cameras were in the room during delivery.

I read an article on tmz that there were cameras in the delivery room but no word on why the baby died. Our hearts go out to the family.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was reading on another reality website, that the baby was a girl, and when she was born some of her organs were on the outside of her body and that's why she passed...Also that the camera crew was there for the delivery...I feel so bad for Rus and his wife...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    In a statement he gave to the press (see below), Rev Run said the baby was a bit premature. I hope the family is healing. How sad that such a joyous moment turned into tragedy.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi...on=cnn_showbiz

RIDGEWOOD, New Jersey (AP) -- A daughter born to rap pioneer Joseph "Rev. Run" Simmons and his wife, Justine, died shortly after delivery last week, an MTV spokesman said Wednesday.

Simmons issued a statement through the network, which airs his reality show, "Run's House," saying his wife "is doing fine." He thanked his supporters for their prayers and condolences.

"On September 26, 2006, Victoria Anne Simmons for some unknown reason chose to come early and unfortunately did not survive," his statement said. "We must accept whatever is there and once you accept unconditionally, then everything is beautiful. Every pain has a purifying effect. So whatever comes your way, just be thankful. We see life in death and believe in the celebration of life in death."

The baby was delivered at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, according to MTV spokesman Graham James.

Simmons, brother of hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, has five children. He was a founding member of pioneering rap group Run-DMC.

They're apperantly going through with a 3rd season. Lois, didn't know you were a fan of the show.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

That is so sad.

Very sad news indeed. I'm surprised they're going on with a third season, I just don't know how they're gonna edit in this tragedy or if they are simply going to skip it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Does anyone know how long Justine carried the baby? All I can find is that Victoria Anne came early.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Man this is so sad I feel bad that we are all prying... but on the other hand, after watching the show for 2 seasons I really cared about the family. I am a couple of months pregnant with what we are so hoping will turn out to be a little girl too. So this story has been hitting close to home.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    after watching the show for 2 seasons I really cared about the family.
    That's exactly how I feel, and my prayers are with the family.This broke my heart. I was so excited for Justine. Does anyone know where we can send condolences?

+ Reply to Thread