+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Run's House (MTV)

I love this show. Mostly because I was a pre-teen / teen at the time when Run DMC was huge. (I love to blast "You Be Illin' " out the sunroof as I'm driving around).

As for Angela, Vanessa and JoJo living with their dad...wouldn't you rather live in a mansion and get a red Mercedes? I would. They might love their mom, but their dad is taking them places.

Diggy isn't his real name, it's Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher View Post
    I love this show. Mostly because I was a pre-teen / teen at the time when Run DMC was huge. (I love to blast "You Be Illin' " out the sunroof as I'm driving around).

As for Angela, Vanessa and JoJo living with their dad...wouldn't you rather live in a mansion and get a red Mercedes? I would. They might love their mom, but their dad is taking them places.

Diggy isn't his real name, it's Daniel.

Thanks ...
    I wish they would call him Daniel instead of Diggy, it drives me batsh*t.

As for the question of who I personally would rather live with, my parents were married for 53 years when my mom died June 1st. I loved her and she was my best friend. I can honestly not imagine having lived with anyone else no matter how wealthy, because it would never have made up for my missing her. Things are not as important as people. If raised correctly a child will want to do well on their own anyway, and the father can always still help.

A wealthy father, if he is a good man, can still take his kids places and give them the best of everything if they don't live with him. That is, unless he has control issues and/or thinks he is superior to their mother. It doesn't mean that's what I think of Run, because I have no idea what their arrangement was or what the history is between he and their mom. It could be any number of things. They very possibly could have agreed on the arrangement.

I guess I got overly curious about this issue because that episode surprised me so much. I had always assumed those were all their kids, his and Justine's. I have a custody battle of my own going on and I'm very curious what the thoughts of the kids involved are especially when one parent is very wealthy and the other isn't.

I hate to think children are materialistic, but I think at certain ages its very possible they are and cannot really help it.

I have basically been screwed over by a good old boys court system and a wealthy family. However, I hope one day my daughter remembers who raised her for the first six years of her life and loves her unconditionally. And I hope one day she feels the need and the loyalty to tell the truth to somebody about her father and what he has done. He's done some horrible things. However she is young, 9 years old, and cannot have pressure of that kind put on her right now. I wish I could see inside that head of hers.

But I cannot personally ever imagine having lived my life without my mom. She was my world. No amount of nice cars and money would have made me want to live elsewhere, even had we been dirt poor.

lily

(ps- sorry mods this doesnt have much to do with the show, just my thoughts spilling out onto the page)

Props to the family. i identify more with Angela though.
    I love Top model and I love life.
    http://tsparkles.kk5.org/ my friend

I like this show, I've watched it since the first season.

Russy is soooo cute!

Original Posted by:Kelbel
    Great show. Good Kids. Words of Wisdom from Rev Run in his bubble bath

I know what is up with him writing a insperational message at the end of every episode and then sinking down in the bubble bath???

In the first episode, Run said he sends daily inspirational emails (aka Words of Wisdom) to everyone he knows.

my favorite line last night from JoJo, when either Angela or Vanessa asked him to prepare a speech for the event, "we ain't the Cosbys".
    Last edited by Jedi_Janey; 07-14-2006 at 10:31 PM.

FORT Fan
    I like this show, but don't love it. Really like the wife more than Run.

I love this show. It proves that second marriages and kids don't have to be war zones.

I love this show!!! Justine (the wife) she is hilarious! I love how she can just sit around and then feed the funniest comments....I think her and Run are great together. And Angela is such a fluff, she's funny. Its funny how these kids don't know anything to be their age. Like, you see these other shows and the rich kids are business savvy, spoiled rich, and egotastic. Not these kids....they don't even have boyfriends and girlfriends. Its funny. I love it!

Well, at least Run quelled the control freak inside of himself (probably thanks to a visit to the brother and his wife) long enough to restrain himself from embarrassing his 22-year old daughter by going to her recent photo shoot!

She's 22. She models. She is going to wind up in some sexy poses from time to time.

very wise of them to tell him to "let her go".

I did not like how Justine promised her she wouldn't tell Run which magazine it was and then blabbed it to him, making him promise not to tell and "mess her up" with the kids telling her things. That could not have made the girl happy. A promise is a promise, and kids dont like that kind of stuff.

lily

+ Reply to Thread