+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Key West (MTV)

FORT Newbie
    my takes on the new cast members

John- total idiot, and will get bitched at by all the girls..but he seems to have a good heart deep down...i dont think hes malicious.

Zach-cute guy, wont stand out much though unless svet keeps hitting on him...but most likely she'll flirt with john, b/c hes the biggest asshole

Paula-serious issues and is looking for attention from males, totally jealous of svet and that will cause arguments later in the show...she reminds me of Tonya...remember when tonya had all those health issues, she was an attention whore, and they look very similar

Svetlana-shes also an attention whore but shes not as out there about it as paula is and as Melinda was last season, she seems spoiled and cant takes jokes very well...im guessing shes an only child by the way she acts...she will break up with her bf without a doubt

I dont know the rest of their names so i will comment on them when theyre cool enough to remember

Tyler?
    Janelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanda View Post
    Tyler?
    Janelle?
    I'll comment, because I think they're just as *cool* as any of the others.

Tyler - brash and opinionated, but not offensive....yet.

Janelle - snooty little bitch. I'm not liking her one little bit after the first episode (I didn't watch last night so will have to see if she redeemed herself at all.....did she?)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    whos the spanish kid? hes really quiet right now...i imagine he'll date someone outside the house, i dont think he'll hook up with anyone inside

btw. Janelle-she seems to take on the mother role with paula but i think shes gonna get sick of that...and i think shes gonna get sick of svetlana b/c she seems more grounded...and b/c of her getting sick of everything all the time lol shes gonna be bitchy

Tyler- hes my favorite even though i couldnt remember his name...hes a lot like my friends (excluding the gay part he'll tell it like it is, but he will also stir some drama by talking behind peoples backs

Quote Originally Posted by ladidanz View Post
    But the cast member that had the most issues besides Ruthie's drinking problem and Frankie's cutting, was IRENE! That was the girl's name from Seattle that got slapped. I think she had lupus or something like that, and then she was psychologically affected with something. I hated her, and was glad someone hit her. She needed it.
    Irene had Lyme Disease
    Stage One Symptoms:
    Fatigue or lack of energy, which is the most common symptom.
    Headache and stiff neck.
    Fever and chills.
    Muscle and joint pain.
    Swollen lymph nodes.
    Stage Two Symptoms:
    Persistent fatigue.
    Additional skin rashes in several places on your body that develop as the infection spreads.
    Pain, weakness, or numbness in the arms or legs.
    Inability to control the muscles of the face (paralysis of the facial nerves).
    Recurring headaches or fainting.
    Poor memory and reduced ability to concentrate.
    Conjunctivitis (pinkeye) or sometimes damage to deep tissue in the eyes.
    Occasional rapid heartbeats (palpitations) or, in rare cases, serious heart problems.
    Stage Three Symptoms:
    Swelling and pain (inflammation) in the joints, especially in the knees.
    Numbness and tingling in the hands, feet, or back.
    Severe fatigue.
    Partial facial nerve paralysis (Bell's palsy), which usually occurs within the first few months after the tick bite.
    Neurologic changes, including problems with memory, mood, or sleep and sometimes problems speaking.
    Chronic Lyme arthritis, which causes recurring episodes of swelling, redness, and fluid buildup in one or more joints that last up to 6 months at a time.

JOSE? right?

Jose seems like he could be the coolest guy in the house. He had a kind of "playa" vibe the first ep, but I think he might be the easiest guy to get along with in the house.

FORT Fan
    Jose is gorgeous.

Hmmm, just watched it for the first time, and I liked Zach, Svetlana and Jose. Janelle's kinda so-so, and I feel sorry for Paula, I really hope she can get some help with her problems. As for John and Tyler, I'm seriously hate the both of them, with John being an obnoxious meathead and Tyler being a condescending jerk. Yup, typical Real World premiere for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Oh, I don't hold her blameless. She should have known better than to go on a reality show with her problems.

But if that girl suffered serious psychological damage in the name of drama, I point the finger directly to the casting people. I am sure that they jumped at the chance to have an anorexic on the show. "wow, maybe she'll just waste away to nothing while the show is taping. imagine how many people will tune in to see that" was probably a statement made in casting meetings
    Color me cynical, but I completely agree with you.

If this show really did end up saving Paula's life (and I hope she truly has gotten over her body image issues), then it was purely coincidental, and MTV got lucky. Paula's eating disorder could've just as easily spiralled out of control under the lens and then MTV would've had to deal with some heavy liability. Putting a problem like Paula on television, whether it was done to maximize drama or not, was a bad decision. Completely irresponsible. If the producers were trying to be altruistic in casting Paula, if they were truly concerned for Paula's well-being and wanted her to get better, they could have found a way to help her without dropping her into a house with 6 opinionated strangers, and sticking her in front of a camera to be scrutinized and judged by millions of people. Very bad move. Very not gangsta.

+ Reply to Thread