+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Key West (MTV)

I'm sure she knew what she was getting into when SHE signed up for the show. Drama = ratings!!

True she knew it, but maybe she is secretly hoping someone might force her into therapy. I hope and pray that someone steps in because this is not helping our children to watch girls like this be popularized on tv. Seems like every season someone is really bad off, either anger or cutting or other issues so hopefully something good can come of this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanda View Post
    I'm sure she knew what she was getting into when SHE signed up for the show. Drama = ratings!!

Oh, I don't hold her blameless. She should have known better than to go on a reality show with her problems.

But if that girl suffered serious psychological damage in the name of drama, I point the finger directly to the casting people. I am sure that they jumped at the chance to have an anorexic on the show. "wow, maybe she'll just waste away to nothing while the show is taping. imagine how many people will tune in to see that" was probably a statement made in casting meetings

i wonder what the ratings would be if a cast member kicks the bucket?

I think that the cast is told that there are counselors for support for any problems or issues they may be facing. They just have to be willing to have everything else taped. I can't believe they wouldn't have a psychologist on staff just because of the liability if someone seriously injures themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonelyguy82 View Post
    Buglover, there's also a black dude who slapped the girl's face after she decided to quit the show and pissed him off. It was in Seattle. They had him have some serious therapy.

I don't know how he did that, really.
    In his defense, your comment implies that Steven hit her after she (because she) decided to leave the show and it was nothing of the sort. She had been consistently taunting him and calling him gay and he took offense to that. It just really hit an exploding point when she decided to make a few parting shots at him, and everyone, on her way out.

With Paula, I don't think she had any idea just how negatively people would react to her weight. She appeared to believe that she was just bulimic and that would be something that she had to deal with by herself. I don't get the impression that many people have reacted as harshly about her weight as her new roommates.

And I certainly don't blame her for getting so upset at John. He is loud and obnoxious and I'd hate being around him 24/7, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    And I certainly don't blame her for getting so upset at John. He is loud and obnoxious and I'd hate being around him 24/7, too.
    It embarrasses me to say that he is a fellow Penn Stater

FORT Fan
    Dunno if this was posted yet but...

There's a full page article on Paula in the latest issue of US Weekly. It discusses the problems she's gone through and how she's dealing with them now. She said the show saved her life.

good to hear.

Nabraham, thanks, that is good news to hear about Paula....do you have a link?

But the cast member that had the most issues besides Ruthie's drinking problem and Frankie's cutting, was IRENE! That was the girl's name from Seattle that got slapped. I think she had lupus or something like that, and then she was psychologically affected with something. I hated her, and was glad someone hit her. She needed it.

But if Paula was a model, or lived in LA or something, I don't think she would have a problem with her weight at all. I see plenty of artisy kind of people, and they wear tight tight pants and look just like her. So, she looks fine on tv. Being there seeing her is probably a different story.

But it looks like Janelle is helping her to seek out professional help. Speaking of Janelle.....I've seen her before. Is she a model or something, like has she been in a music video or something like that?

+ Reply to Thread