+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Key West (MTV)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Why the hell would she sign up for a show in which the camera's are on 24/7 and she has all these issues? Is it to bring them to the forefront or just the other kind of attention?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Paula looks horrible and I agree with the gay guy that she needs a protein shake immediately. She also needs some psychiatric help because it is not normal to hyper ventilate like that just because some guy says that her boobs are like mosquito bites.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    Well, they had Ruthie enter alcohol rehab, but only after she drove off totally intoxicated and had been hospitalized. They are willing to step in only after they get enough on tape for some drama which is a little too late if you ask me.
    Melissa (New Orleans) also went into counseling during the show, but I don't remember if that was forced on her by the network or it was a personal choice.

Thanks MotherSister. That's who I was thinking of.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover, there's also a black dude who slapped the girl's face after she decided to quit the show and pissed him off. It was in Seattle. They had him have some serious therapy.

I don't know how he did that, really.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Why the hell would she sign up for a show in which the camera's are on 24/7 and she has all these issues? Is it to bring them to the forefront or just the other kind of attention?
    I think Paula knew it probably be brought up, but the way John brought it up wasn't in the nicest manner. She was hoping for more friendly sit down, John just kind of threw it out there with not mean intentions I hope but rather in an arrogant way, if that makes sense.
    Kata&ChantalLOVE

I think Paula may keep me from watching this.

Can you imagine how she is going to react when she watches these shows for the first time, and sees all the negative comments and editing? It might seriously, put her over the edge.

What was Mtv thinking?

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    In the past when there have been psychological issues, MTV has stepped in to help. Can't remember which cast member, but in the past 4 years or so one of them was sent to counseling due to a problem she had (which in my old age I cannot remember what the problem was)...lol
    Frankie from San Diego got caught cutting and they made her go to counseling... only after documenting her on film either doing it or about to do it. Talk about drama! But I think anorexia/bulimia can spiral out of control so quickly that someone (MTV!) needs to step in NOW and do something. Throwing up your food can rupture your esophagous and cause permanent damage. So can anorexia... there was a study of men with normal eating habits put on a restricted calorie diet to see the psychological effects. The men literally begin to think differently about food and not eating. Starving yourself actually changes your thought process. Not to mention organ damage that is irreversible. It's very scary and something that you don't really recover from, you just deal with it on an every-day basis. I don't have it, but I've read a lot about it because I was a psych major in college and I wanted to specialize in it.

And the cast member that said Paula needs to gain all that weight in front of so many people? How demeaning and rude. He's a really big jerk. Seriously, I hope he was drunk because that is the worst thing he could have said to her. Comments like that will only make her feel worse and more anxious about food, leading her to starve herself some more.

I hope that they address it seriously and not as a part of the "story" I hate that they may sit back and let her get ill or even more depressed about her looks for a moment longer. Speaking from experience, you have to live with the wrong choices about an eating disorder for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! You never recover fully from the things you do to your body. To sit back really frustrates me. They need to get this girl into counseling ASAP (and even off camera if necessary!) I know that all of these eps took place in the past, but I will not be able to watch her self-destruct.

I think it is totally irresponsible of the casting folks to have put Paula in that house with all the cameras and the insensitive idiot frat boy guys. Her problems are such a disaster waiting to happen. And being on this show is not going to help her. way irresponsible

+ Reply to Thread