+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Key West (MTV)

I thought Key West was boring, too. Denver doesn't sound too promising, either.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by schuyleralexis View Post
    Well we can finally say goodbye to the most boring Real World Season in history! (Just my opinion Obviously) I hope Denver is better!
    what! san diego was horrible!!!! they need to bring it back to New york or LA.

Yes, this season is extremely boring. I think the main reason is that most of the cast are fame-seeking media-whores (Janelle, Tyler). They are well aware that they are being filmed at all times and do not come off as natural. Even the arguments seem staged for the camera.

I wish they would have a season with 8 cast members, half gay and half straight. Also, all participants should be single before coming on the show. I can't stand it when 1 or 2 cast members spend most of their time attached to the telephone. That's not exciting to watch.

I thought Key West was ok. I live in Florida, and ive been to Key West. So I thought it was cool. Denver does not seem really interesting. The rumored location for the next Real World season was Detroit, but they picked Denver. So maybe we will have RW Detroit after Denver. They have done RW Seasons in a lot of the U.S. major cities, and they are starting to run out of places. Their international real world seasons (London, Paris) were low in ratings. I thought RW Paris was soo boring.
    You betta stop interruptin my prayers before the Lord directs me to whoop yo ass!
    -Flavor of Love 2

MTV Reality Blog

I think instead of going to these Austin, Denver, Key West cities, they should just go back to major cities. I mean, I have nothing against those places, I'm sure they're great and wonderful. However I'd rather they just go to New York, LA, Boston, etc. So what if they've done it there already. New people = New situations.

Honestly this show has lost most of it's substance. When I first began watching the show, the show was about following 7 strangers and chronicling their transition into adulthood to a superficial spring break fest. This quote sums up my feelings about new seasons of this show very well.

“No longer an outlet for 20somethings to brood about their future careers, the show has become a cyclic three-month on-air party for young adults to mingle in hot tubs and obsess about the present. The locales have changed from creative meccas like New York and London to vacation spots like Las Vegas, New Orleans and Hawaii. MTV has rejiggered the show to require characters to engage in artificial, season-long contests or projects—like putting together a fashion show—which the characters embrace in the way most American teenagers experience spring break: as a big party.”
    --Benjamin Wallace-Wells
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

The reunion today was great. Next week, they will give "The s*** they should have shown" -In my opinion, the most entertaining episode of every RW season.

Also, The Real World Key West and Austin is now on iTunes.
    You betta stop interruptin my prayers before the Lord directs me to whoop yo ass!
    -Flavor of Love 2

MTV Reality Blog

They need to do a Real World DC, maybe have the room mates work for a political campaign.

Tyler is still an annoying beast.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Tyler is still an annoying beast.
    He's the reason I quit watching this season. Someone needs to tell him that it's only a joke if anyone else laughs. What he did to Svetlana (whether she deserved it or not and I don't think her behavior merited his) wasn't a joke: it was just plain mean.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread