+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Key West (MTV)

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post
    Amen about Tyler's personality... unfortunately I've witnessed gay guys who are so similar to tyler's personality... when I watched the Real World, i just want to reach in and punch Tyler's so-called pretty face. His attitude toward Svetlana is so uncalled-for. Just because Svetlana is concerned about other's well-being doesn't mean it's open-season for her to be ragged on. The way he is toward her is just so... awful. Svetlana was willing to work with others despite the differences yet Tyler insisted that she's making things very difficult to work with... WTF? Tyler need help... He makes Paula so normal now. LOL or maybe it's just an editing... cuz at the end, Tyler and Svet were goofin' around in the bubble bath... I'm at loss. Anyway, the new job to sell tanning booth... Umm... i'm confused... they're in Key West FLA where there's TONS of beaches and LOTS of sun... they could've just lay out there and *boom* get tan easily... unless they're trying to market them to those who get burned easily or just don't want to sit out there to get natural tan (I know it's not healthy if you overdo it... so i guess you could say they're probably trying to sell them as an healthy alternative to dangerous genuine sunbathing) so far, I don't know if I'd keep watching or not... but with NON-stop rerun, it's hard not to ignore it... so whatever. That's my 2-cent.
    Tanning booths are huge here in California, especially right by the beach!! It's all about looking good before you step on the beach!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I cant stand Tyler or John. Ugh. But then again, there's always a few people on The Real World that I can't stand. It's going to be a long season. o.x

FORT Fan
    Did anyone see the episode last night? I thought it was kind of boring. Svetlana has a lot of issues to deal with and it is really sad. I am hoping that she looses her boyfriend and is able to just be on her own and do her own thing. She should not start dating anyone in the house, that is just asking for trouble.

I have watched every season of The Real World since the very first one in NY. I was kind of getting tired of it in recent years as it seems to be the same bunch of superficial, whiny clowns only interested in going out to get drunk each night. Entertainment Weekly suggested that if you have been wanting to wean yourself from the series, that the Key West one would be the one to do it because it's more of the same. So I took their advice and have not been watching this one at all. I haven't had any DTs from it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan Gum View Post
    I have watched every season of The Real World since the very first one in NY. I was kind of getting tired of it in recent years as it seems to be the same bunch of superficial, whiny clowns only interested in going out to get drunk each night. Entertainment Weekly suggested that if you have been wanting to wean yourself from the series, that the Key West one would be the one to do it because it's more of the same. So I took their advice and have not been watching this one at all. I haven't had any DTs from it either.
    And actually, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it actually isn't more of the same when it comes to getting drunk and having (wanting) sex every night.

Not that I think it's a must see every week because I don't. But it's definitely got the same personality stereotypes. I think at this point Paula, Svetlana, Jose, and Zach are the only ones that I care for. The other three cause me to mute my tv.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Zach is the hotness. Id love to meet someone like him.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Svetlana, Jose, and Zach are probably the people i like the most but the others don't bother me that much. It's probably b/c everyone bothered me last season and these people seem better in comparison to me.lol

I haven't commented much since TAR conflicts with this show, but I've been able to catch reruns. Thus far, I like Tyler, Paula, Zach, & Jose. I would like Janelle, but many time she seems soooo stuck up and arrogant that it doesn't seem geunine when she's trying to help people sort their matters.

I know Tyler isn't everyone's favorite, but I actually enjoy his sense of humor and wit. I also think he has no problem being brutally honest to people as well. He stirs the pot a bit and adds some drama that is more interesting than watching drunken fools get into bar fights and keep a stash of used condoms behind their bed. Yes, I'm talking about RW Austin.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this cast actually looks like they'll work which is RARE in Real World standards, considering we've had girls jump into the ocean to skip work or sleep in after their 1,929,392nd drunken escapade. I mean, I guess shouldn't be so hard on them though since getting to work on time and doing something other than picking your nose and checking out your co worker is a TERRIBLY HARD thing to do! Oh what challenging jobs, I so feel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    In real life, it's not all about drinking and sex.

Who's life are we talking about? (ha)

I like everyone in this cast except for Svetlana. She just seems really whiny and like she constantly has to be the center of attention. I really wish they'd focus more on the others cause her constant complaining is getting incredibly repetive and annoying.

+ Reply to Thread