+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 3 (MTV)

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I wonder why there it has been difficult to find talent again? With Da Band, they also had this problem. Maybe everyone was taking their chances with AI.

Sean Combs and Warner Music
    2/9/2005 5:45:03 AM by Robert

Bad Boy Records CEO and rap artist, Sean (P. Diddy) Combs and Warner Music may have worked a deal together after all.

In a last minute reversal, Sean (P. Diddy) Combs has agreed to sell half of his Bad Boy Entertainment Empire to Edgar Bronfman Jr.'s Warner Music Group, for at least $30 million, reports The NY Daily News.

An eleventh hour handshake is said to have come just days after hip-hopís Sean Combs rebuffed an offer from Warner Music, claiming he wanted to retain full ownership of his company, whose roster includes, Carl Thomas, Mase, and Combs himself.

P. Diddy and Warner declined to comment. No papers have yet been signed, so music insiders cautioned the deal could still fall apart...

The deal would mark the end of Combs' rocky two-year relationship with music giant Universal Music Group. Universal does not own a stake in Bad Boy, but distributes the label's records.

Universal, which boasts a long list of its own hit making artists, is said to be dissatisfied with Bad Boy because of the label's spotty track record.

While Bad Boy had one hit with the soundtrack to the movie "Bad Boys II," releases from Loon, Carl Thomas and Mase fell way short of expectations. Rapper Loon has since exited the label.

Sources said Combs has been distracted by his other business ventures and has not paid enough attention to the label. At the same time, Bad Boy has lost several key execs recently.

Bad Boy is said to be working on several new releases, including a P. Diddy solo album.

Label insiders said they are optimistic about upcoming releases this year from new artists like B5 and Boyz N Da Hood.

Also in the works is a CD of duets that pair the recordings of deceased rap icon Notorious B.I.G. with current artists.

Source

http://www.thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=857

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    yup, but the previews look fun

fight, fight, fight

btw, this girl on there named Patty reminds me so much of J-Lo
    I agree. I hope its a good season though. It looks like fun. I love the bunk beds and them running on treadmills. I hope it turns out to be a good season.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J1NVUPatricia
    The show was good, like I expected but those girls were good, but not great. There are way better out there and they need to do another casting call. Too many spansih girls for me.
    I didnt really think this season singers were good let alone great. The only singer I thought was good was Passion. I thought there were more white girls on this then anyone else actually.

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    I thought it odd that they narrowed the group down to 20 without any sort of test on whether they can harmonize. I remember when popstars was on, there were some girls with incredible voices, but they got cut because they couldn't harmonize at all. Who's going to sing harmony if Diddy chooses four (or five? or six?) lead singers?

If Diddy is truly unhappy with the group of girls who just moved into the house, he should get rid of them. It's fun for us to watch the whole project implode, but I can't imagine why he'd throw so much time and money behind a bunch of girls he thinks are too old, too ugly, too short, too fat, etc.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    I thought it odd that they narrowed the group down to 20 without any sort of test on whether they can harmonize. I remember when popstars was on, there were some girls with incredible voices, but they got cut because they couldn't harmonize at all. Who's going to sing harmony if Diddy chooses four (or five? or six?) lead singers?

If Diddy is truly unhappy with the group of girls who just moved into the house, he should get rid of them. It's fun for us to watch the whole project implode, but I can't imagine why he'd throw so much time and money behind a bunch of girls he thinks are too old, too ugly, too short, too fat, etc.
    yeah good point. Maybe hes doing it for entertainment or maybe he realized that most singers out nowadays don't have any talent so why not them.

Jay is my hero
    what a horrid show!
    I hope it gets cancelled, I had high hopes for this show...
    it bombed in so many ways. One, the girls- cannot sing to save their lives. NO talent whatsoever. 2- Even Diddy Kong himself felt at pain to hear and watch these girls dance and sing. 3- The preview for the whole season was as predictable as EVER. How dull, and repetitive. Everytime I see this on t.v., I quickly change the channel...I want the ratings to go DOWN!

FORT Newbie

Michelle - Making the Rounds!!!

Am I the first to notice Michele on making the band 3 is the same Michele from "Fame" a couple years back? Anyone else notice this?

~Mike Ryan~

FORT Regular
    hehe. p diddy can't get anyone with talent on his show. perhaps because he is a total tool.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimspa
    hehe. p diddy can't get anyone with talent on his show. perhaps because he is a total tool.
    Oh yeah - music mogul seeks musical group. Must be able to walk miles to pick up cheesecake, be willing to be tormented with ridiculous exercise regime and be able to recite old song lyrics on request.

Wow, I have been a bit dissapointed with the girls from AI this season but if I compare them to the girls on this show they are amazingly talented.
    Puff Daddy acts all nice when he's on Oprah but comes off as a complete jerk on this show. He complains about the lack of talent (and he is right) but then how does he pick the finalists...let's just base it on looks!
    Does Dave Chapelle stlll have his show? I want him to make fun of this show some more.

+ Reply to Thread