+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Ashlee Simpson Show-Season 2

Pop pills...Pills I pop! RyanNeilFL420's Avatar
    when the songs were finished, ashlee had to record. she had a lot of trouble singing because john and kara didnt take her lack of talent and unique duck voice into account, and the result was a lot of husk and scratch. they realized that ashlees voice alone was not going to be enough. kara had to sing back up in every song, and john helped on a few tracks, too.

I found this on a website http://ashlee.zap.to/ It supposedly is from someone close to ashlee who was around during the recording of her cd...take it for what its worth i cant verify it. it could be bogous...Be good..Ryan

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    It's fine not to like Ashlee; but it seems unhealthy and irrational to hate her for her music. She's not going out of her way to offend other's, there's just no reason to have such animosity towards her.
    The problem I have with her is that at first she blamed her band. It was completely unnecessary and classless for her to do that. I'm sure these guys didn't spend years practicing so this talentless hack could throw them under the bus like that. Then, when people weren't buying that, she changed her story. How convenient.

Please when u find it call Ms. Ashlee and save our eardrums!.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNeilFL420
    when the songs were finished, ashlee had to record. she had a lot of trouble singing because john and kara didnt take her lack of talent and unique duck voice into account, and the result was a lot of husk and scratch. they realized that ashlees voice alone was not going to be enough. kara had to sing back up in every song, and john helped on a few tracks, too.
    I really have no idea what you're talking about. Ashlee sings all the time by herself live -- and she sounds really good most of the time. Anyway, even if she couldn't sing, which she can, she wouldn't need back up singers to cover for her, they have all kinds of studio equipment to alter voices. So why go through any trouble? Besides, there are far worse singers than Ashlee who are much bigger, namely Avril, Britney, Jlo, the lead singers of both simple plan and good charlotte (as well as the singers of most punk bands -- and heavy metal bands for that matter). Even Mariah Carey, who I love and who generally sounds better live than on her CD's has her days; I have seen her sound pretty bad before.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    The problem I have with her is that at first she blamed her band. It was completely unnecessary and classless for her to do that. I'm sure these guys didn't spend years practicing so this talentless hack could throw them under the bus like that. Then, when people weren't buying that, she changed her story. How convenient.
    Have you ever thought that she was told to say that? I highly doubt at this stage of her career she makes many decisions on her own -- and the TV show kind of backs up my hypothesis. I am so not into celebrity gossip ... I guess. When I read the news it's generally about the war in Iraq or consumer reports -- I am suprised with all of the "news" on this girl -- I had no idea she had such a negative following. I think that is one of the reasons that I am truly objective in my opinions of her -- they're not constantly tainted by those of the media or other people for that matter. All I know is that when I listened to her music, I liked it. No body introduced it to me or told me that she was good; I made that decision on my own.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. Ashlee sings all the time by herself live -- and she sounds really good most of the time. Anyway, even if she couldn't sing, which she can, she wouldn't need back up singers to cover for her, they have all kinds of studio equipment to alter voices. So why go through any trouble? Besides, there are far worse singers than Ashlee who are much bigger, namely Avril, Britney, Jlo, the lead singers of both simple plan and good charlotte (as well as the singers of most punk bands -- and heavy metal bands for that matter). Even Mariah Carey, who I love and who generally sounds better live than on her CD's has her days; I have seen her sound pretty bad before.

.. Surrender - Performed by: Ashlee Simpson - Background Vocals: Kara Dioguardi and JohnShanks thats what is says about her cd info..I do understand that almost all lead singers have backup vocalist but maybe thats why she sounds diffrent live or needs the backup track. If she just said it like that I think peeps would have been alot more understand because when Shania Twain Wynonna Judd even Tina Turner have there back up voacalist on stage with them....peace out

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Although it was quite tactless, if you were an emerging performer and you were in the situation that she fell into, could any one us honestly admit that we would say "Oh yeah, I was lip syncing; sorry about that." I think she used her band rather than her illness as an excuse, as she was probrably to told to, and it might've sounded more believable.

What bothers me is that artists with LESS talent than Ashlee who lip sync ALL THE TIME, take no flack, while Ashlee seems to be taking the broad of the lashings.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    All I know is that when I listened to her music, I liked it. No body introduced it to me or told me that she was good; I made that decision on my own.
    I heard her "music" before I heard any of the hype surrounding it/her, too. I caught the first few minutes of her show after watching the Newlyweds - and I had to turn it off. I made that decision on my own, as well.

The pressure is obviously coming from her parents. I saw on MTV yesterday where Ashlee was getting her hair cut off, and mom didn't like it and was griping they would have to go back and "reshoot everything." They want her to be a singer like her sister, and she's just not. Hopefully she will become independent enough to (1) choose her own hair cut, and (2) find out what she can do well - and do that rather than try to sing. Sorry mom and dad, there's only one Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I heard her "music" before I heard any of the hype surrounding it/her, too. I caught the first few minutes of her show after watching the Newlyweds - and I had to turn it off. I made that decision on my own, as well.

The pressure is obviously coming from her parents. I saw on MTV yesterday where Ashlee was getting her hair cut off, and mom didn't like it and was griping they would have to go back and "reshoot everything." They want her to be a singer like her sister, and she's just not. Hopefully she will become independent enough to (1) choose her own hair cut, and (2) find out what she can do well - and do that rather than try to sing. Sorry mom and dad, there's only one Jessica.

I'm not suggesting that her music should be anyone's preference who doesn't desire to listen. There are different kinds of music in the world for every individual's pleasure. Hey, I think Paul McCartney sucks, I only liked him with the Beatles -- but a lot of people would disagree with that. The point is that although you don't think that Ashlee is a good singer, there are millions of people who disagree with you. I think she's talented -- not a diva, or anywhere near the best in the world -- her voice is perfect for her kind of music. Though I like Jessica's voice, I don't tend to like her songs. Also, I've seen Jessica's voice fizzle when singing live as well.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm not suggesting that her music should be anyone's preference who doesn't desire to listen. There are different kinds of music in the world for every individual's pleasure. Hey, I think Paul McCartney sucks, I only liked him with the Beatles -- but a lot of people would disagree with that. The point is that although you don't think that Ashlee is a good singer, there are millions of people who disagree with you. I think she's talented -- not a diva, or anywhere near the best in the world -- her voice is perfect for her kind of music. Though I like Jessica's voice, I don't tend to like her songs. Also, I've seen Jessica's voice fizzle when singing live as well.

I understand that, it's exactly the point I was trying to make. I'm not attacking you or anyone else who likes her, or dislikes her, for that matter. I'm just saying I made my judgment the same way you did, with no preconceived notions. The fact that we came to different conclusions shouldn't really matter, should it?

+ Reply to Thread