+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Ashlee Simpson Show-Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Yeah, but that was before they heard the CD. It sucked. My daughter gave hers away
    Actually a lot of the songs on her CD were played during the show. Thats how people got a sense of how good it was.

IMO the CD was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Actually a lot of the songs on her CD were played during the show. Thats how people got a sense of how good it was.

IMO the CD was very good.
    Well, I wished we would have watched the show to hear her music. I would have definately saved the money and not bought her CD. I respect your opinion that you like it, but I hated it- the songs all ran together and sounded the same, half the time you couldn't understand what she was singing. I will never buy another Ashlee CD again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Acid reflux affects your stomach, not your vocal chords. Youre a bad liar, ashlee.
    I guess this is the official "I hate Ashlee forum." It appears that a lot of people don't even know what acid reflux is. It is a stomach problem; but the acid has a tendency to shoot up to the esophagus and possibly into the mouth. This can be very painful and in the long run if not treated can cause erosions or more irreparable damage in the esophagus. When I saw Ashlee eating all that fatty food the day before she was to perform, knowing she had acid reflux, I knew she would have problems. I will say that I love Ashlee's music -- big fan. She's so much better than Avril lavign who can't sing live. She has very catchy songs and I'm impressed that she wrote them herself. I prefer her music to her sister's.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    yeah little kids are her fan base. they wont like her in a year.
    I'm 21 and think she's awesome. I generally don't even like her kind of music; I'm more of a Faith Hill, Mariah Carey girl.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 02-18-2005 at 11:53 PM.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    it's acceptable to bash and hate everything Ashlee does right now. Even though she is not the only "singer" that has lip-synched, nor is she the only singer to get a record deal and tv exposure without a great singing voice. There are other artists who lip-synch entire tours.
    She is not the first pop act to be marketed as punk or rock by her record company. She is not the first young celebrity to act irresponsibly. She is not the first act to use family ties to gain a foot in the business.

She is the currently the easiest target for people. Right now people are going to hate Ashlee regardless of what she does. I think the overall backlash is fading. The media has moved on, there are just a few stragglers wanting to get in a few more licks before the next celebrity target is chosen.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    It's not that big of a deal. If people don't like her that's just it, they don't like her and have no obligation to like her. :rolleyes
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Pop pills...Pills I pop! RyanNeilFL420's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    I guess this is the official "I hate Ashlee forum." It appears that a lot of people don't even know what acid reflux is. It is a stomach problem; but the acid has a tendency to shoot up to the esophagus and possibly into the mouth. This can be very painful and in the long run if not treated can cause erosions or more irreparable damage in the esophagus. When I saw Ashlee eating all that fatty food the day before she was to perform, knowing she had acid reflux, I knew she would have problems. I will say that I love Ashlee's music -- big fan. She's so much better than Avril lavign who can't sing live. She has very catchy songs and I'm impressed that she wrote them herself. I prefer her music to her sister's.

Actually, it goes to show how many people need to get a life. Of the hundreds of TV shows and thousands of recreational activities that can occupy one's time, people are wasting their time trying to get this girl off of MTV. Come on ... read a book, get a hobby -- you don't even know this girl and yet you go out of your way to ruin her life. If you don't like her show don't watch it. That will give MTV a loud and clear message.

I'm 21 and think she's awesome. I generally don't even like her kind of music; I'm more of a Faith Hill, Mariah Carey girl.

Hmmmm....I know what Acid Reflux is my mom is a drug rep for Merck Pharm. I think she would have realized ALONG time ago she had it.Not just when she realized wow I really cant sing and need a good excuse for my show..I mean please she is so full of it..Her dad feeds her what to say.Its just sad she needs to stick to acting she is good at that her dad/manager/scum, of the earth...jsut thought it woudl rack some more money in at the exspince of his daughters feeling . he will get over all the comments made bout her as soon as he cashes his check she will have to live with it forever!...peace...Ryan

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I am not an Ashlee Simpson fan, never have been. I just think some of the backlash is due to her being a media target. The media will pick another one soon enough. Those of us who never enjoyed her will continue to do so, but bashing her will become less of an "event" for those who never knew of her, but just jumped on the bashing bandwagon.

It's fine not to like Ashlee; but it seems unhealthy and irrational to hate her for her music. She's not going out of her way to offend other's, there's just no reason to have such animosity towards her.
    Well, it's more rational to dislike Miss Simpson (I don't hate her, that's too strong an emotion to waste on a celebrity, even a B list one) because of her singing than it is to dislike her over her bad hair, for example.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNeilFL420
    OK are we talking about acid refux or how she can not hold a tune???if acid reflux makes her voice sound that bad then she needs to find a new job..I dont care if she has acid reflux or genital herpes...the girl can not sing...lol
    I think that sometimes her voice sounds bad, due to her reflux issues, when she sings llive. But when she's at her best, she's very good in my opinion. I like the sound of her voice and I like her songs. I think she is talented and that it's a shame that she has such an obstacle like acid refux to overcome.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-17-2005 at 02:57 PM.

I think that sometimes her voice sounds bad, due to her reflux issues, when she sings llive. But when she's at her best, she's very good in my opinion. I like the sound of her voice and I like her songs. I think she is talented and that it's a shame that she has such an obstacle like acid refux to overcome.

I dont think she's an awful singer at all. I think sometimes, when live, she can sound a bit hoarse but at least she doesn't sync (MOST OF THE TIME.....)

I think her songs are quite catchy as well .

+ Reply to Thread