+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Ashlee Simpson Show-Season 2

Pop pills...Pills I pop! RyanNeilFL420's Avatar

Lol

Over 158,000 people have sign the Stop Ashlee Simpson Petition so far!
    stopashlee.con

January 27, 2005 -- ASHLEE Simpson gets to relive her "Saturday Night Live" lip-syncing horror show all over again for the next two weeks.
    Last night's season premiere of MTV's "The Ashlee Simpson Show" - the first half of a two-part story arc - captured the entire fiasco as it unfolded last fall when Simpson walked off the stage during a live "SNL" telecast after a tape-recording of a song she had performed earlier on the show began to play.

"This is kind of uncensored and unfiltered through her [Ashlee's] eyes," said Rod Aissa, the MTV show's producer. "It shows the series of events that led up to 'SNL,' so you're able to see it with some clarity as opposed to reading about it."

A future episode of the series will include Simpson's Orange Bowl halftime show performance in which she was booed by most of the 72,000 spectators at Miami's Pro Player Stadium earlier this month.

Next week's episode will cover the "SNL" aftermath - including Simpson's reaction to the overwhelming flood of media coverage that followed.

"Our cameras were with her all through the night and picked up again the next morning," says Aissa of the "SNL" episodes.

Until now, "there's been very little clear perspective on what her reaction to it was, and you'll get a really great piece of it in the first two episodes of our series," he says.

It is understood that MTV will repeat each "Ashlee" episode several times in numerous timeslots over the next two weeks as per its usual practice of re-broadcasting its programming.

The day after the 'SNL' fiasco, Simpson came up with a variety of excuses for her bad sportsmanship.

First, she blamed her band for hitting the wrong button and starting the vocal track by mistake, then her father said she was suffering from acid reflux and had a problem with her vocal chords.

At the time, "Saturday Night Live" producer Marci Klein told The Post that she advised Ashlee not to perform after it was learned that she was sick, but Simpson's father (who's her manager and the executive producer of her MTV show) and executives from her record label said she would go on.

"The Ashlee Simpson Show," now entering its second season, is a reality series that follows the younger sister of pop-princess Jessica Simpson as she tries to launch her own singing career.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/21547.htm

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Well I watched... and I will give Ashlee credit for having greatly improving her singing skills. She did sound fine when they did her run thru for SNL...

Then you see her first thing Saturday morning day of SNL... and her and her 2 buddies looked like they had been out all night. (drinking?) And she sounded like hell. Maybe she will take it all as a learning experience and skip hanging out the night before doing a live show again.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Well I watched... and I will give Ashlee credit for having greatly improving her singing skills. She did sound fine when they did her run thru for SNL...

Then you see her first thing Saturday morning day of SNL... and her and her 2 buddies looked like they had been out all night. (drinking?) And she sounded like hell. Maybe she will take it all as a learning experience and skip hanging out the night before doing a live show again.
    well said. I think some people keep attacking Ashlee because it is the "in" thing to do right now. Ashlee is a better singer than many pop strumpets out there right now. Many singer lipsynch from time to time, even artists with stronger, more powerful voices. I didn't like that Ashlee didn't publicy own up to the truth until it was too late. She just should have explained the situation with her voice and the decision made by her, her people, and her parents to go ahead and perform. It probably would have diffused some of the anger toward her onto her papa.

I hope that with age, that will change. She will learn how to take care of her voice (her parents should assist her in this) and she will learn that passing the blame can backfire.

I think people need to get out of the mob mentality and stop acting like Ashlee is the only less-than-genuine performer.

I think she's going to have a hard time selling her next album. I always said that I wished that she stuck with acting, which she does pretty well, and leave singing to Jess. No matter how many times she's booed or blasted, the record sales are going to be the key factor.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I just don't understand why the hell she wanted a music career when she obviously doesnt have a singing voice. And the girl isnt punk rock either, hell calling her that is an insult to those artist that really are.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MTV promoting Ashlee so heavily is like trying to acquire a taste for smoking cheap cigars. It's nauseating and smelly, but with persistence it is ultimately addictive and will eventually cause cancer and kill you.
    And the same goes for smoking cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I just don't understand why the hell she wanted a music career when she obviously doesnt have a singing voice.
    I highly doubt SHE wanted a music career. I think her creepy, overbearing father wanted her to have a music career, and probably forced her into it.

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    MTV promoting Ashlee so heavily is like trying to acquire a taste for smoking cheap cigars. It's nauseating and smelly, but with persistence it is ultimately addictive and will eventually cause cancer and kill you.
    And the same goes for smoking cigars.
    !

Aww I quite like Ahslee; her songs are very catchy .

Sometimes, I feel bad for her, she never seems to catch a break. She seems to go from fiasco to fiasco. Although I dont think she is the greatest singer, I will probrably still watch her show. The first season seemed to consist soley of Ashlee recording, then saying "Aww that was awful, leyts do it again" .

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I highly doubt SHE wanted a music career. I think her creepy, overbearing father wanted her to have a music career, and probably forced her into it.

You Couldn't pay me to fake it. No pun intended.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread