+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: The Real World goes to Austin

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    I bet that is correct. MTV did not *pay* for the ring, and neither did Danny. That is, they did not use money to purchase the ring. What probably did happen is that an exchange was worked out. MTV offers to mention the jeweler's name during the show in exchange for the jeweler giving them the ring.

Right after the clip of the engagment, the show the host said, "Thanks to Soandso Jewelers for the ring". That mention on the show was the price that was paid. There would be no reason to mention the jeweler unless an exchange deal had been worked out.
    Exactly..
    Otherwise every advertiser who paid for their commercials during the show should sue to get their money back from MTV.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    I bet that is correct. MTV did not *pay* for the ring, and neither did Danny. That is, they did not use money to purchase the ring. What probably did happen is that an exchange was worked out. MTV offers to mention the jeweler's name during the show in exchange for the jeweler giving them the ring.

Right after the clip of the engagment, the show the host said, "Thanks to Soandso Jewelers for the ring". That mention on the show was the price that was paid. There would be no reason to mention the jeweler unless an exchange deal had been worked out.
    Well that's not any better...still a skanky deal, yet par for the course for Danny & Mel.

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    I missed the finale, but it sounds like that might be good. I really wanted to not like Melinda, but I found her likeable, despite her exhibitionist stripping in the house and her dependence on Danny. I'm so disappointed she's letting him control her...

I saw the last episode with Neh and Wes trying to get Rachel, and just found that deplorable. Rachel may be a sad girl, but they showed they're both much sadder.

Welcome to Bucketheadland EricIsBacchus's Avatar
    Melinda and Danny's fake tans were awful.
    How did they accomplish that look? Was it spray on? A cream of some sort?

Danny in particular looked totally bizarre with his freakishly white teeth. That and his tan... I mean... dude! You're from Boston!

The ring was definately put up by whatever company it was they got it from. The host mentioned it - advertising!

I'll be surprised if Danny and Melinda last that long, that is, if they last long enough to actually get married.

You know something I caught and I don't know if anyone else noticed.....

Anyone else recall when Rachel was saying that Danny has changed since the show and it hurts her blah blah blah. Then she goes something like, "All the girls wanted to go out shopping and you wouldn't even let Melinda go with the girls...." and then all of a sudden Melinda goes..."No, I was the one who wanted to stay with him (Danny)." What?!

Control issues people....Danny seems very insecure-I mean the fact that he's always wearing some hat shows that he hates his forhead!- Given that it looks like he's about to have two horns break through!
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos View Post
    You know something I caught and I don't know if anyone else noticed.....

Anyone else recall when Rachel was saying that Danny has changed since the show and it hurts her blah blah blah. Then she goes something like, "All the girls wanted to go out shopping and you wouldn't even let Melinda go with the girls...." and then all of a sudden Melinda goes..."No, I was the one who wanted to stay with him (Danny)." What?!
    I noticed that too. Is that his problem or hers? I think hers, because you don't need to spend every waking minute with a loved one especially if you haven't seen the girls in a while (which is what I think happened).

Its BOTH! Danny has always demonstrated extreme insecurity and jealousy issues and he thankfully found the most insecure servile girl in the house to hook up with. He definitely has control over her, but she also allows it. Regardless, they both suck and deserve one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb View Post
    Its BOTH! Danny has always demonstrated extreme insecurity and jealousy issues and he thankfully found the most insecure servile girl in the house to hook up with. He definitely has control over her, but she also allows it. Regardless, they both suck and deserve one another.
    Amen-they were looking for that one person who would allow their worst qualities to come forward. Master and Servant is exactly what they are and neither one is complaining.

FORT Regular
    I didn't like Melinda at first, but I started to really like her through out the show. I think she could do better than Danny. He is gross! But there are some girls out there who would put up with being married to a guy like that than being single.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricIsBacchus View Post
    The ring was definately put up by whatever company it was they got it from. The host mentioned it - advertising!
    Michael C. Fina if any one cares.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

+ Reply to Thread