+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World goes to Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup
    I hope Austin is ALOT better then Philly!! I miss SD that was the best season! <33
    I totally agree.

Austin is my favorite city in the states (well, I also like living in New Orleans) - I went to college there and moved back not once but twice after graduating. It is so soooo beautiful, there is a ton to do, and there is a thriving nightlife (6th street is called the mini-Bourbon street). Also, it's got a ton of great music.

This should be an interesting season - Austin is an extremely liberal, hippie town. I read that they are looking to put at least one soldier returning from Iraq on the show (I think this was on realitytvworld.com).
    texasgal26

FORT Fanatic
    What the hell would you do in Montana? Find the Unibomber?

good - anything has to be better than the philly season. Nothing has beat the vegas season though. Does anyone remember/know what area of New Orleans the Real World house was in that season?

I love Austin! I lived there briefly in the '80's and go back frequently on business.

It is one of the most liberal cities in Texas. The people are, for the most part, laid back and very friendly, and the town is beautiful. I'm sure the cast will be able to get into trouble on 6th street.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by jensbiggestfan
    good - anything has to be better than the philly season. Nothing has beat the vegas season though. Does anyone remember/know what area of New Orleans the Real World house was in that season?
    The Real World New Orleans house was on St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District (I think near Jackson). I drive by it all the time. It doesn't look quite as glamorous now as it did during that season, but I think they are renovating the place.

Thanks, texasgal. Was there recently & we were wondering...

Cool Cool...we shall see...

If they ever came to Georgia, I would think they'd do better in Athens than Atlanta. It is a more quirky college town, famous for REM and the B-52s. It has a more bohemian feel than Atlanta.

I would enjoy watching Austin--it is a very beautiful and fun town.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Currently posting from Austin... I have been by the house (or at least the rumored location) and it's under construction. It's very nondescript, but it's in a very cool location... near the warehouse district, not far from sixth street. I can't wait for the season to air!
    "Outside the box is such a great place to be."

IMO, there has been a pattern. Las Vegas was good, then Paris sucked, San Diego was awesome, then Philly, ehh not the best, now I'm hoping that Austin is a kick ass season! I get the feeling that it is going to be great. I have a feeling that there is going to be alot of drama, LOL. and from the pics that I've seen, the cast is hott!

+ Reply to Thread