+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 410

Thread: The Real World goes to Austin

  1. #131
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    How can you say the ratings are *up* and make a judgment on that yet? They've only aired two episodes.

    You wouldn't be able to say the audience prefers this version until after a few shows when you see if the audience stays around.
    I was merely repeated other sources.
    The premiere episode was number 4 in the cable ratings

    The show was the top-rated program Tuesday among adult cable TV viewers ages 18 to 49, averaging 2.4 million viewers in that demographic, entertainment industry publication Daily Variety reported Thursday.

    Overall, the show garnered 3.7 million viewers from around the country, according to Daily Variety.
    Link

    MTV's The Real World: Austin, the reality series' 16th season, premiered Tuesday with 3.7 million viewers, up 13% from last season's opener.
    USA Today
    Last edited by rt1ky; 07-05-2005 at 09:51 PM.

  2. #132
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    I'm not questioning the ratings... just the statement that *the audience prefers this version."

    This was definitely a highly anticipated season. Whether viewers stay and actually *prefer* this version still remains to be seen.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  3. #133
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I'm not questioning the ratings... just the statement that *the audience prefers this version."

    This was definitely a highly anticipated season. Whether viewers stay and actually *prefer* this version still remains to be seen.
    I said "Maybe there's been a shift in demographics and the new audience prefers this version of the Real World." The version, being the more recent seasons that have focused more on drinking and sex, which have had higher ratings. People were discussing changes in the show's premise from the earlier seasons to today.

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey ANTMADDICT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,663
    Nehemia seems like a really annoying person. I think he put himself in that situation with Johanna and he seems like that type of person that does not know when to shut up. He also has a big mouth too and today's episode he was telling Wes how Johanna was giving him as much attention as Wes. I think he's trying to tear their relationship apart because he is the one that has a crush on Johanna. The rest of the cast is pretty annoying too though, I can't believe people are still watching this shit, I think this would be my last episode forever.

  5. #135
    FORT Fan Iamsohooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup
    I think the reason why most of you guys are getting sick of the show is because you have been watching it for to long. If I watched every season of any show for 16 seasons, I'd get sick of it too. Or maybe it's because you guys have grown out of the wild crazy life styles. The show mainly attracts teenagers. So many teenagers from my High School love this show, and watch it religously.

    Exactly what parents of teens like me - fear. My teens don't watch Real World - think its unrealistic and the people act stupid. Go figure! Guess I raised some smart kids!

  6. #136
    FORT Fan Iamsohooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I don't know why most people are complaining about the "characters" and the way the show is...you're still watching it!! It's entertainment-point blank and it's obvious it's entertaining you because you're here talking about it.
    Tuning in for the beginning - doesn't mean I'll be watching in the end. Didn't watch most of San Diego and just the beginning of Philly. Neither held my interest. This one probably won't either. Getting old here and can't watch young, intelligent people make asses of themselves. Getting tired and predictable. Too bad.

    My fave is a tie between Seattle, Boston and Miami

  7. #137
    Obama '08! Callie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    My fave is a tie between Seattle, Boston and Miami
    Ohhhh! My favorite two are Seattle and Miami!

    Those were AWESOME seasons...

  8. #138
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Real World wardrobe provided by:

    American Eagle Outfitters Inc. says it will be the exclusive apparel sponsor of the Austin edition of the MTV reality series, which starts airing next Tuesday. American Eagle provided clothing for the seven cast members to wear during their stay in Austin and beyond.
    Austin Business Journal

    But The Real World isn't a physical place. It's a cynical way of looking at American youth culture, so it doesn't matter where the series is set.

    A few years back, a gal named Ruthie was repeatedly shown getting intoxicated. At one point, the producers even followed her in a camera-equipped car as she drove drunk, ostensibly to help her. It became just another chapter in that season's saga.

    This time, one of the houseguests has already been clocked in the face by the end of the first episode, threatening his vision and requiring surgery to repair a broken bone. The fight happens because the cast has been drinking heavily at a bar. After a squabble between two of them, two others mistakenly challenge a guy in the street who has nothing to do with the disagreement.

    Though the action unfolds over several minutes, there's no sign that executive producer Jonathan Murray or his crew tried to intervene and stop the fisticuffs.

    More benign high jinks play out during the first two episodes: a girl-on-girl kiss in the hot tub, a girl-on-boy kiss in a bar (after the cast gets drunk their first night in town), naked running around the house, a group shower and more talk about getting jiggy with it than at a rap summit.

    By the way, none of these idiots is from the Lone Star State.

    By now, anyone auditioning for The Real World knows the drill. The producers are only going to cast hyperbolic "types." And in its 16th season, that means houseguests willing to raise the stakes with even more outrageous stunts than previous casts.
    Dallas News

  9. #139
    FORT Fan Iamsohooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Real World wardrobe provided by:



    Austin Business Journal



    Dallas News
    Thank you for this rt1ky. I think that Bunim might want to start rethinking their show. However, for a grown-up producer to actually put this stuff on the air, I wonder how intelligent he is. Does he have kids of his own? Would he like them exploited by his show as these kids are? I know as a parent of kids the ages of realworlders, I would feel responsible for these kids (and yes, they are still just kids - just as adults that act this way all their lives are kids that just live in grown-up bodies).
    For those young people on this board, don't get me wrong I like the Real World premise - I realize that young adults drink and party (so did I) but the extremes that are now happening on a regular basis with this show was only a portion of the shows in the past. I think what we are saying on this board iis that Real World started out as a show were people were picked to live together to see what would come of diverse backgrounds - if these people could learn to accept difference and for it to be a learning experience for the people involved and their viewers. This is what we still want to see.
    Like other areas of tv (whatever happened to family viewing hours between 8-10pm), tv is dumbing down and its is sad. It means to me that the viewing audience is more interested in people making asses out of themselves than learning something.

    I'll get off my soapbox now.

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I don't know why most people are complaining about the "characters" and the way the show is...you're still watching it!! It's entertainment-point blank and it's obvious it's entertaining you because you're here talking about it.
    I was proud of my city when one of our citizens almost took out that punk's eye.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.