+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World goes to Austin

For anyone interested... on E! they're showing on True Hollywood Story on The Real World.

All they keep talking about is how Bunim and Murray kept trying to get EVERYONE on EVERY show to hook up and they couldn't just leave anybody alone...

Turn it on if you can... good show!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I still enjoy watching the show, but it's no longer a *must see* item for me. I think I missed the last half of Philadelphia, and quite a few episodes of Las Vegas, and I'm not a bit bothered by it.
    The last time this series was a must-see (for me) was the San Francisco group. That was the last time it seemed like the "real" world. They had a cast member in the medical profession. Now the only profession they are looking for is tv personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    The last time this series was a must-see (for me) was the San Francisco group. That was the last time it seemed like the "real" world. They had a cast member in the medical profession. Now the only profession they are looking for is tv personality.
    Well I think the last season that was the "real" world was London... but no one remembers that season because it was so

I have seen parts of the different Real worls seasons but this is going to be the first season I actually may watch the whole way though...

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Favorites in order ...

12. Hawaii. Split between moronic nude partiers and moronic nude "intellectuals."

Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I don't know why most people are complaining about the "characters" and the way the show is...you're still watching it!! It's entertainment-point blank and it's obvious it's entertaining you because you're here talking about it.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by coleslaw50
    I re-watched the first episode again and I really don't think I should be called "The Real World" anymore either. Sorry there is nothing real world about their behavior and actions. I am almost 25 years-old and a recent college grad and I find their behavior digusting. I never behaved like that in college and I still had fun and here they are making a**es of themselves on national TV. I agree with the posters that said the show used to be so much better when it showed real struggles about living with 6 other diverse people and their jobs. Now they barely show their jobs unless there is drama and instead focus on nothing but drinking and hooking up. It's boring. We have seen it all before time and time again. I think this season they are acting and trying to top the Vegas season and all other previous seasons and trying to better their careers. I am sure we will see them on the challenges just like all the other people that have no desire to get a real job. I have watched since season 1 and I agree with everyone else that this show has only gone down hill. Unfortunately, I am still watching it out of curiousity.
    I agree. The cast are becoming caricatures transferred from city to city. I saw the first episode and most of the case did come off as bad actors. Ohhhh! two girls kissing
    Ohhh! drinking the first night
    Ohhh! the cast gets in the jacuzzi.
    Been There. Done That.
    I haven't watched a complete season for some time. It's too predictable. You can almost tell the entire season from just watching the preview/casting special. As for it being entertaining, I'm here to discuss the fact that its NOT as entertaining as it used to be. Too much partying, too much sex, not enough REAL. The cast isn't even as attractive as previous ones. Las Vegas was extremely beautiful people getting drunk and hooking up. For a show that has become so shallow, you think they'd cast people that look like models. This season, must be just "Regular people" getting drunk and hooking up.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I agree. The cast are becoming caricatures transferred from city to city. I saw the first episode and most of the case did come off as bad actors. Ohhhh! two girls kissing
    Ohhh! drinking the first night
    Ohhh! the cast gets in the jacuzzi.
    Been There. Done That.
    I haven't watched a complete season for some time. It's too predictable. You can almost tell the entire season from just watching the preview/casting special. As for it being entertaining, I'm here to discuss the fact that its NOT as entertaining as it used to be. Too much partying, too much sex, not enough REAL. The cast isn't even as attractive as previous ones. Las Vegas was extremely beautiful people getting drunk and hooking up. For a show that has become so shallow, you think they'd cast people that look like models. This season, must be just "Regular people" getting drunk and hooking up.

You pretty much summed it up. Tis true.. "regular people" getting drunk and hooking up... don't forget getting into fights at the bar. Now, thats what I call entertainment.

Bring on the drama... I need a nap!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    It looks like the ratings are up so far for this season. Maybe there's been a shift in demographics and the new audience prefers this version of the Real World.

What a slide, from Pedro and AIDS to this.

How can you say the ratings are *up* and make a judgment on that yet? They've only aired two episodes.

You wouldn't be able to say the audience prefers this version until after a few shows when you see if the audience stays around.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread