+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World goes to Austin

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.
    I re-watched the first episode again and I really don't think I should be called "The Real World" anymore either. Sorry there is nothing real world about their behavior and actions. I am almost 25 years-old and a recent college grad and I find their behavior digusting. I never behaved like that in college and I still had fun and here they are making a**es of themselves on national TV. I agree with the posters that said the show used to be so much better when it showed real struggles about living with 6 other diverse people and their jobs. Now they barely show their jobs unless there is drama and instead focus on nothing but drinking and hooking up. It's boring. We have seen it all before time and time again. I think this season they are acting and trying to top the Vegas season and all other previous seasons and trying to better their careers. I am sure we will see them on the challenges just like all the other people that have no desire to get a real job. I have watched since season 1 and I agree with everyone else that this show has only gone down hill. Unfortunately, I am still watching it out of curiousity.
    Last edited by coleslaw50; 06-27-2005 at 02:40 PM.

I still enjoy watching the show, but it's no longer a *must see* item for me. I think I missed the last half of Philadelphia, and quite a few episodes of Las Vegas, and I'm not a bit bothered by it.

You know.. to some extent I was a little like them when I was in college, but it only occupied a small percentage of my time. Most of the problem with this show is the producers design these situations to occur if not every night, then several nights a week. Drinking is not the only thing that causes drama, people. I agree with you all... Vegas was the beginning of the downfall.

As I watched this episode the other night, the one thing that struck me is that the only person that seemed a little different was Lacey. The others are all a relative mirror image of each other. That's what I find boring.. not necessarily the drinking. It's like they have nothing to learn from each other. In the first New York show we had a musician from Michigan, a sheltered southern dancer, a black comedian, a black rapper from NYC, etc... In LA we had a cowboy, an Australian, a female cop, a surfer, a diva singer, etc... The cast has become so homogenized that it's just boring.

I don't know whether these kids are not a fair representation of what a vast many 20 year olds are like today... perhaps it's just that I'm getting old.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I am sure we will see them on the challenges just like all the other people that have no desire to get a real job.
    real talk ^

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    I'm 23, was a Michigan cheerleader, and in Sigma Kappa Sorority... which MTV has made people to believe that someone like me would lead such a wild crazy sexual lifestyle. again... FAR FROM IT!
    Do you mean you went to the University of Michigan? Well, that may explain it. I've noticed a lot of the "party types" on the RW in recent years do not exactly have stellar educational backgrounds or strike me as serious students. Take Melinda for example- she's going to Milwaukee Technical school, and says she's thinking of applying to dental school. What dental school does she think is going to accept her? Now, I went to the University of Iowa for undergrad, and there is NO WAY Iowa's dental school would accept someone who only has a tech school background. I know someone who's at dental school at Iowa now, and he's a Princeton grad with an orthodontist for a father and brother. And I really doubt Wisconsin at Madison's dentistry program is all that different. And she's 21 and still not even done with tech school. Not an ideal dentistry candidate, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I watched the first episode and I doubt I'll be back. This show used to be about how people dealt with each other. They have always cast diverse people, but now they're not just casting people who will create drama (Puck, Tammy, Kevin NY, etc.), they're picking people who will drink a lot and want to have sex. Yes, the show has always had people drinking and hooking up, but now that's ALL they do. I just don't find that interesting and haven't for some time.

I've watched every season of The Real World but I may finally stop watching. The last few seasons haven't been all that great, imo.
    I think it's hard to cast people like they use to in 92' because there are no more people like that, who apply to the be on the show. Most of the people who apply are really young, and want to be on television.

I think the reason why most of you guys are getting sick of the show is because you have been watching it for to long. If I watched every season of any show for 16 seasons, I'd get sick of it too. Or maybe it's because you guys have grown out of the wild crazy life styles. The show mainly attracts teenagers. So many teenagers from my High School love this show, and watch it religously.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianas98
    Do you mean you went to the University of Michigan? Well, that may explain it. I've noticed a lot of the "party types" on the RW in recent years do not exactly have stellar educational backgrounds or strike me as serious students. Take Melinda for example- she's going to Milwaukee Technical school, and says she's thinking of applying to dental school. What dental school does she think is going to accept her? Now, I went to the University of Iowa for undergrad, and there is NO WAY Iowa's dental school would accept someone who only has a tech school background. I know someone who's at dental school at Iowa now, and he's a Princeton grad with an orthodontist for a father and brother. And I really doubt Wisconsin at Madison's dentistry program is all that different. And she's 21 and still not even done with tech school. Not an ideal dentistry candidate, imo.
    I think it is more likely she wants to become a dental hygienist (sp).

My pet peeve is that I would like to see normal looking guys like Puck as far as body type goes. Has anyone noticed that almost all the guys from the last couple of seasons are all built. Come on that is ridiculous, lets have some geeks in there or at least normal body types. I swear all the guys shave their chests, armpits and legs, are probably on steriods, that would explain the raging tempers that will always see. Lets have some guys on who are virgins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    My pet peeve is that I would like to see normal looking guys like Puck as far as body type goes. Has anyone noticed that almost all the guys from the last couple of seasons are all built. Come on that is ridiculous, lets have some geeks in there or at least normal body types. I swear all the guys shave their chests, armpits and legs, are probably on steriods, that would explain the raging tempers that will always see. Lets have some guys on who are virgins.
    Jacquse and Randy weren't all buff like some others (CT, Brad, Danny, etc) Donnell is far from in shape, even though he was on Road Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup
    I think the reason why most of you guys are getting sick of the show is because you have been watching it for to long. If I watched every season of any show for 16 seasons, I'd get sick of it too. Or maybe it's because you guys have grown out of the wild crazy life styles. The show mainly attracts teenagers. So many teenagers from my High School love this show, and watch it religously.
    I'm 23... not 73.

I still like to go out and have my fun and drink and party... even on week nights (gasp!) but trust me, MTV makes kids believe this is what college and life after high school is like, and they're completely wrong!

I was in the big party sorority on campus, knew alot of the athletes and went to their parties, and I still never did as much these people on MTV.

And whoever asked... yes University of Michigan.
    GO BLUE!

+ Reply to Thread