+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Made (MTV)

Made (MTV)

Hey, anyone watching Made. MTV premiered it Wed, October 6th, so they will show it one or two times over the weekend.

I really like this show the idea of trying for a dream and having a coach help you, what I wouldn't have given to have a chance like this when I was in high school.

What always gets me about these shows is either the person they pick is a. so out of shape it is unbelievable, b. lazy or has no work ethic they really expect the coach to wave a magic wand and a miracle will occur, c. usually do not have alot of respect for the coaches time and effort, d. can be whinny beyond belief.

This episode starts with a young girl from California who wants to get some attention from her mom. Her brothers have parts in some tv shows and get all their mom's attention and she feels left out. So what does she do she wants to learn to be a surfer girl. I have to admit that I thought the mom was a bit harsh on the girl and I think this attributed to the girl's feelings of inadequacy and no selfworth, the mom was very adamant as why should you even try this cause you will never do it.

The girl (I don't remember her name) is cute and looks potentially like a model as far as body shape or an athlete. She has to meet her new coach at 9am at the beach, what does she do. Gets up a 8am and drags around getting ready and is a good hour and a half late, then she wonders if he is mad at her. I love these coaches, this guy is a top money surfer.

This girl is so girly and whinny that I wanted to reach into the tv screen several times and slap her. What really impressed me was as the end when she was in the surfing competition and got wacked on the head with her board she went back out and caught another wave.

I will definitely watch. This is one of the few Mtv Reality shows that I can stand.

Last year, my favorite was that whiny, overweight, effeminate kid who wanted to be a tri-athlete. I couldn't believe that kid actually did it ... I was more proud of the coach, then I was of the kid though.

Last season had some really good ones, including the hip-hop dancer, and the pagent queen... At least I thought those were the better ones... I watched the surfer girl and I really didn't like the coach, he was really cocky and all things considered, didn't seem that special to me.. unlike the two I mentioned were the women were obvious professionals and had the thing down..

I totally agree that some of these contestants did not appear to have a good work ethic or make a good effort.

The overweight guy who wanted to be a tri-athlete needed to make better choices in regards to diet. Also, I think Heather, who wanted to be a skateboarder, didn't put in as much effort as the BMX biker. Also, Heather: a skirt and heels are not the best choice for skateboarding.

I thought the guy who was Mr.Northstar put in a great effort, doing everything they asked him to do.

My favorite is Britney, who wanted to be in 42nd Street. I thought she did good, considering the short time she had been tapping. I actually thought her boyfriend, Jimbo, was the one acting immature and whiny, especially during that phone conversation . MEN... :rolleyes

Totally agree about Britney the tapper, at first she really had a lack of self confidence and at the end I really was rooting for her to make the show, but I think you are right, the boyfriend will hold her back. Its amazing how people say they love you but what they really mean is 'I'll say I love you cause you really need to hear it and now get my beer and chips and basically make my life comfortable'. Some of the people on this show the girls more than the guys, can really be held back from their potential because they are being smothered by their families. The families mean well, but they will not push the girls, as long as the kid has friends and is socially acceptable the families think that's all the kids need.

I also enjoy this MTV show. My favorites were both from last season, the girl who wanted to be prom queen and made the dress from duct tape and the school beauty pageant girl. They both worked hard to achieve their goals and they were likable people as well!

Its amazing how people say they love you but what they really mean is 'I'll say I love you cause you really need to hear it and now get my beer and chips and basically make my life comfortable'.

Yeah, I kind of got that vibe from her boyfriend, too. If Britney does end up with him and they have, say, three kids, I think she'll be taking care of FOUR kids . Is it me, or did Jimbo seem like the type to get out of future housework or child-rearing?

10/13 episode

Saw last nites episode about the 'fat' kid. It was nice to see someone be successful in their goals and have a good attitude about it. I sincerely hope this kid keeps up with the exercise and better nutrition. I couldn't help but feel that he was subliminating some of his hurt feelings by eating. Food does not critisize you and it makes you feel good, but seriously, he was eating way too much. I hate to say it but although he lost 30 pounds, at originally 331, I really didn't notice it. I hope that he keeps it up and would love to see how he is doing by the end of the school year.

Another thing, I liked about this show is that this kid was not whinny and pissing off his coaches. I really liked Samantha, the relationship coach. I would have loved to have someone mentor me thru the perils of the high school social scence.

Next week's episode about the uncoordinated minister's kid who wants to join the hip hop dance troop looks good.

10/20 episode the un hip hop minister's daughter

I knew this kid was a bookworm but what surprised me was that she was the 4th nationally ranked fencer in her age group. That is pretty impressive. But if you are a fencer you have to have rythym that's why her having none while dancing was such a big surprise.

I think her biggest problem is her self containment. If she has any passion in her she definitely keeps it under lock and key. There is nothing wrong with being chaste and a virgin that is a choice, but you can still be passionate about things. But she is very repressed and I think that might cause her problems later in life with her relationship with the opposite sex and other issues. I really hope that this hip hop group she is on will help her cause I can see her burning out in college from the stress unless she has an outlet.

I completely agree. While Abby did learn the choreography, her body was really stiff and the passion and attitude was not there. The presentation looked fake. At least she wasn't auditioning for 42nd Street! Can you just imagine John--he wouldn't have been able to quit laughing at her . Britney was much more energetic and passionate compared to Abby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast