+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Made (MTV)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I preffer the ones that have actual motivators that doesn't include scrubbing up to get a date....
    I agree.

I think they do those "make me into a ladies man/popular girl/girly girl, etc." ones because it deals a lot with self-esteem and that's where a lot of teens have issues. The finding dates part is so-so but the improvement in their attitudes and eliminating those self-doubts is the best!

Tariq - initially I thought it was funny that they chose him as a Made coach but I think he did very well with this kid. He was patient and he did give him some good advice. And if anyone can get through to a person about having confidence then it's certainly a man who can feel comfortable in a pink suit!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

7/27 - Brittany Fountaine - I want to be Prom Queen

A high school in Miami, a goth girl, who after 2 yrs at the school, after making no friends and alienating everyone has decided 2 months before the end of senior yr she wants to have people change their opinion of her and become Prom Queen, just so she can have some wonderful memories. Can we say 'Too Little, Too Late'.

Brittany appears at first a bit of a goth, who has both a gang of girlfriends and a gang of guy friends and they all seem to share a common interests such as tattoos and body piercings. Unfortunately, none of them go to her high school. She has spent the last 2 yrs, distancing herself from her classmates, being rude to them and having hissy fits. If she hears anyone bad mouthing her she flares up cussing and getting into their faces and trying to start fights. Yes a wonderful way to make friends. But she is lonely at school and has no one to hang out with and she thinks she has make some mistakes as far as her behavior , (you think) and want Made to help her have peoples opinions of her change.

Then Tara her Made coach appears. Tara own her own PR firm in Miami and is here to help Brittany change her image. Of course Brittany has a hissy fit the first day and during the first assignment. I must add that after 3 episodes of kids who are motivated to change and try hard and don't have any temper tantrums and appreciate and respect their coaches and the other people helping them; it is nice to see Made has found a disfunctional teenager who is a pain in the ass to work with. For her first assignment Brittany has to introduce herself to 10 people she does not know at school. She gets up late and does not want to do the assignment. She ends up meeting 3 people and is busted by Tara because Brittany already knows 2 of them and Tara insists that Brittany complete the assignment. POW, there goes Brittany in a hissy fit, she doesn't want to do this, etc.. etc... having a temper tantrum in front of everybody. Later on she apologizes to Tara and says that change is very hard for her and she is scared of it. For a seemingly tough girl, Brittany comes across as very unhappy, slighty depressed and vulnerable and to protect herself she has erected this barrier of hostility around herself and pushes people away before they can hurt her. But she must have some redeeming qualities because she does have friends, Although, I felt sorry for her family as she says they don't get her and that she has to surround herself with her friends who are her other family. The fact that her biological family has not kicked Brittany out on her butt speaks volumes as far as their tolerance and love for Brittany. Hopefully she will appreciate them as she grows up and matures.

Tara has Brittany meet a stylist who is a personal shopper and try on a couple of outfits. The entire purpose of this exercise is to get Brittany to think outside of her narrow goth world and explore new possiblitiies. She looks cute in a lot of those outfits.

Again Tara is pushing Brittany to meet more people at school, and to put together a prom committee to help her run her campaign. Some of the girls admit that she has an up hill battle because lots of people have said that she has been mean to them, given them rude stares and that they feel her efforts are too little too late. Brittany crys, the truths hurts doesn't it. You reap what you sow.

Later during the campaign Brittany finds that her posters are being vandalized and she is very upset and feels she is being singled out again. Later she finds out that other Prom Queen candidates are having the same problem and the girls get together to discuss the problem and one of the girls complements Brittany for coming across as much nicer than she used to be. I do find it a bit strange that Brittany joins in an auto class and a cooking class this late in the semester. That does not seem very realistic, as far as the timeline goes. Again this is so she can meet more people and break out of her shell.

There is they shopping trip to "Jessica McClintock" for a prom dress and a make over. Brittany also had to make a speech with the other Prom Queen candidates to ask for the students support. Brittany tears up her speech and speaks from her heart and looks as if she has won over some folks, some of it looks a bit staged but hey. Brittany has cleaned up well and looks great for Prom Night. She does become Prom Queen and says this was the best moment of her life. My only concern is that now it will be graduation and will she even keep in contact with any of these folks. If nothing else I hope she learned some life lessons that will help in the next step in her life. Tara did have her doing alot of affirmattions everyday in the mirror before she went to school and from what I heard it was to help bolster her self worth and self esteem. This is what I think Brittany really wanted from this experience and I hope she can hold on to the new improved version of Brittany.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I watched this one and liked it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

8/2 - comments

Well, we had a nice run, 5 new episodes and now without warning MTV is showing a show about trailer home makeovers. I guess they could only do so much as all these new episodes were filmed at the end of the May/June 05 school yr. Thanks again MTV for giving loyal viewers no warning that it might be awhile before we have any more new episodes. Hopefully, crews are filming kids during the summer and how they will start their senior yr as total new people.
    If so, hopefully there will be new shows around October, you never know.

They did the same thing with the true life series which i absolutely love. They gave bratney's supid show precedent, further making me angry.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

new season started on 10/12/05

Can you believe it another season of Made, I found it by accident channel surfing when I got home. Its a story about Mary who's family moved over 700 miles from Ohio to New Hampshire. She is lonely and miserable and talked for over 1931 minutes to her friends back home. Her parents want her to get into a sport and she wants to be made into a cheerleader. Being boy hungry is part of the motivation.

For once we have a skinny teen who does not have to diet, but she has no flexibility, coordination or dance skills and not a very positive attitude therefore she is not very peppy. Hard to imagine Mary as a cheer leader.

She does whine a bit not not the usual poutiness alot of these teens have. She is so quiet and shy it is hard to see the inner person. But I give that she had a very hard 6 wk training schedule and she did keep it up. Although she did not make the varsity team she did make the JV squad and seems happy to have joined into the school community. Alot of her journey involved self confidence and belief in herself and stepping out of the box in a new situation to make friends.

I'll catch it in one of the 2000 repeats courtesy o' MTV.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

10/19 - new episode on tonight - 'bout wakeboarding

just FYI 'ing!

comment about wakeboarding and Joan

Wakeboarding is sort of a cross between snowboarding and skiing. It looks like a lot of fun. We are in Lake Travis, Texas and all the cool kids hang out by the lake. Joan is a shy kid. This being Texas is hard to believe but she is. Nothing quirky about her just a quite shy girl who wants to have friends and a good time in high school. Nothing wrong with that.

I like how when she asked her mom for a dog she ended up with a pet sheep that she named Lampchop. I did think the kids were mean to spray paint her sheep. That was cruel and petty and I hope PETA gets those kids.

I liked Joan, a normal girl , who looks her mom and sister and is nice to her stepdad and is shy and awkward and growing to womanhood and who's favorite expression is 'Holy Crap'. My mouth should be so clean. Even with the sheep incident she did not use that as an excuse to whine to her coach and I liked how she gained confindence in herself. It was so cute watching her in her little crush over Riley.

I like how at the end of the show she realized that this experience had given her self confidence in herself and that she was ok and previously she had been looking for that confirmation from perphaps having a boyfriend and he telling her that. That was what was so great about this show.

I just saw this ep last night. I thought Joan was a great kid, I was really proud for her and her experience. These are like mini-movies, they are really cute!

Does anyone watch the after the made shows on mtv.com?

+ Reply to Thread