+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Made (MTV)

Aw. I watched this episode and at first I felt kinda sorry for Ian because he seems like a really interesting and fun guy, and he likes this girl. Unrequited love! I'm always a sucker for that. But then they started showing the girl Lauren and I kept saying "What's so great about her?" lol. I don't know, she doesn't seem very eat-your-heart-out worthy to me. Plus, like ALL the other girls at this school were falling all over themselves about how sweet and funny Ian is! Why be so wrapped up in Lauren and she's out and about with some other guy?

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    Aw. I watched this episode and at first I felt kinda sorry for Ian because he seems like a really interesting and fun guy, and he likes this girl. Unrequited love! I'm always a sucker for that. But then they started showing the girl Lauren and I kept saying "What's so great about her?" lol. I don't know, she doesn't seem very eat-your-heart-out worthy to me. Plus, like ALL the other girls at this school were falling all over themselves about how sweet and funny Ian is! Why be so wrapped up in Lauren and she's out and about with some other guy?
    I agree. I hope some girl had enough gumption and asked Ian out.

This show is all about teenagers who are seeking acceptance and popularity with their peers. It has very little to do with being "made."
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

2/17 episode comments

Tonite we meet Stephanie from Hazelton, PA. A marching band geek and outcast. She wants to be made into a player on her varsity basketball team.

First, I am ashamed to admit I did not like this girl. I don't know if it was her attitude, her looks, (I truly hope I am not that shallow) her personality. The way she eats her words. Well it wasn't her obvious hatred of the 'frigging jocks'. But I had a very hard time getting into the show.

The entire issue really starts from when Stephanie was on the 7th grade basketball team and the girls were mean to her so she quit and has never gotten over it.

First I think it is ridiculous to think that a kid that is very obviously not a jock, is out of shape and uncoordinated beyond belief can possible go against girls who have been playing for all their lives, and since this is a high division school probably are on traveling teams and play year round and work out 2 or 3 hours a day. Especially, in a 6 week time frame. I wish they had been more realistic and had done this over summer vacation and given the girl 3 months of training. Dieting, weight training, cardio plus basketball skill 5 or 6 hours a day 6 days a week this girls would have had a very good chance.

Also for someone who is such a self proclaimed geek she has a boyfriend. All I can say is they grow them quite round in Hazelton. Most of the male members of the band need to go on a serious diet. Also some of the girls. Hazelton is having a real problem with child obesity. It is scary.

Stephanie meets with her made coach and it is a very sad thing to watch her practice. The funniest moment is after practice is done the coach turns to the camera and says 'I wonder if Stephanie knows that she is wearing her shorts on backways'????

Also for a self proclaimed outcast, Stephanie does have friends, geeks and band friends, but they are friends, and she is involved in a lot of activities. For someone who is in band, and the school play and has a boyfriend I do not consider her an outcast. She definitely has a chip on her shoulder.

After a truly horrible practice the made coach is fedup and decides she needs more help and he gets her a personal trainer. They make her run on the treadmill and I do feel for her because she is trully out of shape and they are pushing her, but she does need to be pushed if she wnats to reach her goals.

Still things are not progressing smoothly as when the coach gives Stephanie weekend assignments and she does not do them. He tells Stephanie to take her basketball to school and get all the senior team to sign it and Steph stays home instead because she knows all those girls hate her. Her Mom and Grammy are there to support her and tell her to do it but Steph is too over come by her 7th grade memories that she breaks down and cries.

Eventually Stephanie does do it and it wasn't as bad as she thought and the girls are not as bad as she thought they would be. Part of this show is to break people out of there comfort zones, out of there boxes and make them do things like this and it is amazing what a confidence booster it is.

Later Stephanie joins the team in there after school conditioning. Even with all the extra help she has been getting she is still not as good as the team, but she is sticking to it.

Because of all the commitments she has she is doing poorly in class and at one point broke up with her boyfriend. The coach is upset with her but later comes to her house and gives her a lesson in time management.

After 6 weeks of training Stephanie's personal trainer treats her to a makeover and she gets her hair cut and makeup and a new outfit and it is a big hit at school and her ex is drooling over how great she looks.

Now comes crunch time. 3 days of basketball tryouts. The first day is terrible and the high school coach comments that is what he expected. But Stephanie comes back the next day and the girls are surprised and she earns their respect because after the humiliation she received the first day alot of them would not have come back and it showed a lot of guts on her part to do so. Stephanie is much more focused an showing her skills and she is getting the ball and doing well. Steph does get her finnger jamped and her Made coach gives her some ice for it and she keeps on playing and does well from the free throw line. The third day try outs goes well and the high school coach is very impressed with her and that she is playing injured.

The list is posted but Stephanie did not make the team. Stephanie goes to the High school coach and says she wants to be on the team and can she be the manager. The Coach says yes and indicates that he is proud of her accomplishment. Even Stephanie is proud of what she has achieved.

It took me to this point in the show to come around and respect Stephanie, the chip she was carrying on her shoulder was really keeping people away. This entire process was not so much for her to make the team but to get past a painful episode in her past which was harming her 5 yrs later. It was to build her self confidence and get herself out side and box and build relationships with people that she thought where her enemies.

I do not agree with the previous poster that this show is all about getting in with the popular kids, although that is sometimes what the made kids want. I can't blame them. No one wants to feel as if they are the bottom of the barrel and the last picked at games. This show is about doing things you only dreamed about regardless of the reasons and growing as a person and liking yourself and believing in yourself regardless if you succeeded or not, but that you tried and tried 100 percent.

It seems that most of the MADE episodes take place in Boston. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup
    It seems that most of the MADE episodes take place in Boston. I wonder why?
    Probaby has to do with casting. What I noticed with the BMX girl that was in Maryland an hour or 2 east of DC. The ballet dancer was in Delaware just next to the Philadelphia tri state area. Then there was one in Hazelton, PA. Those are are near each other. I would not be surprised if there had been a casting call in the area. THat way the producers can shift through enough stories that they can stay in one area to reduce travel costs etc...

Looks as if Making the Band 3 will be taking over the MADE spot for a while.

Good News - MTV accepting tapes for MADE

I just checked MTV's web site and they are actively looking for people to be on MADE. So if you are between the ages of 15 - 21 send in a 5 min tape and hopefully we will see you on TV and then we can all rip/critique you here on this site.

FORT Newbie

Don't hate me

Ok, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm willing to take the risk. You know the episode of Made with Brittney who auditions to become a dancer in 42nd street? Well, I just caught it for the first time the other day when my Tivo recorded it...but it didn't record the ending!!!! What happened!??!?! Did she make it?!

Quote Originally Posted by MissedTheEnding
    Ok, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm willing to take the risk. You know the episode of Made with Brittney who auditions to become a dancer in 42nd street? Well, I just caught it for the first time the other day when my Tivo recorded it...but it didn't record the ending!!!! What happened!??!?! Did she make it?!
    She didn't make it.

+ Reply to Thread