+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Made (MTV)

Quote Originally Posted by ace5012

Also, someone made a typo- "Abby" is not 4'10", pudgy and on the field hockey team.

Sorry, that was Jackie I was talking about.

[QUOTE=ace5012]Wow, I can't believe this exists and even more surprised I randomly found it. This is Abby, and I was that "un hip hop ministers' daughter."

Basically there was a lot of my life wasn't even on the show and I think it's a little presumptuous of you to make such judgements that I am going to have problems later in life or that I will burn out in college. My philosophies weren't even touched on the show. Ask any of my friends, I am incredibly laid back and I don't take myself too seriously at all.

QUOTE]

Well, If you are really Abby welcome.

You must realize that any one who goes on to one of these shows has presumptions made about them, that's part and parcel of the deal you made with MTV. Part of it is entertainment for us and a dream come true for you.

1/19 new episode

This episode is about a tomboy named Anna. She is a student in a performing arts high school, in Memphis, and she is an outcast even there.

Anna is the type of person that it is hard to tell if she is a boy or girl. She does mention something happening to her in 4th grade and her feelings were hurt and that is why she has never worn a skirt since. Even the clothes she does wear she uses to hide any feminine features in her upper body. Also the shorts she does wear make her look as if she has no waist and even abit deformed looking. Definitely needs to look into that aspect of her personality.
    At one point some of her coaches take her on a shopping trip and pick a nice pick dress for her and she looked hot in it but it made her so uncomfortable that she quickly took it off.

Anna wants to be in her school play. This year it will be 'A Midnight's Summer Dream'. And Anna wants to play Helena the most feminine part in the play.

It is funny to see Anna attempt to wear a dress at rehearsal's. But she tries and does not whine and quit. Wow 2 episodes in a row were the kids don't whine and quit.

The most difficult part of this transformation is how uncomfortable Anna is wearing girlie clothes and makeup.

I like how some of the other kids try to befriend her and try to get her to be more social, and Anna does realize that she does need to open up abit and step out of her very comfortable hole. I am glad for her in that aspect and hope she continues with her friendships.

Drama Queen to BMX Racer

This is about a girl from Arkansas named Lawryn, who lives in Pocomoke City, MD. She has moved around alot 3 different states and 8 schools in the last 10 years. She really likes it here and really wants to fit in. She is a majorette and in the drama club but BMX racing is very popular with the local kids and there is a boy named Lance that she really likes who does BMX.

At first I thought she was really shallow and definitely out of shape and overweight, but we see a confessional where she shows us a photo of herself and she explains that she used to be this tiny little girl and she hates how she are gotten overweight and she hates how she looks and she was also hoping that this BMX racing might also help her there.

At this point I started rooting for her because she obviously was in pain and I could relate to that. Also the moving around the country and being in a split family. But this girly girl is definitely a southern belle and drama queen and that all rolled into one can be hard to take. I did feel a little sorry for her coach who is a BMX World Champion. The look on his face when she was trying to color coordinate her outfits before their first ride was priceless.

I seriously had my doubts that Lawryn would achieve anything. Watching this girl do pushups is hysterical. She does less than girl pushups, they are like from the belly pushups.

They brought in another coach to help her with her nutrition and do yoga and meditation. I think this lady really helped. Lawryn did loose weight and you could see what a beautiful girl she was.

The guy Lance that she was interested in kept blowing her off and there is a remarkable transformation of Lawryn to actually becoming an athlete and wanting more from herself and pushing herself. I think she really got something very valuable out of this experience as far as self esteem and pride in her self and a healthier selfimage. All in all a very good episode.

2/3 new episode on 2nite at 10 pm est

Another new episode 2 nite. High school guy wants to become a ballet dancer.

from Jock to Ballet Dancer

This is a story about Mack. At first he is an all around kid who is into sports. He is on the basketball team, runs track and swims. A nice good looking kid who is a little shy and all the girls think he is hot. Mack attends a Performing Arts School in Delaware and he is a drama major. He tells us that although he is a jock he hates it when people pick or bully on others. He shows us a picture of himself and says thats me before I grew, I was a nerd, I still think of myself as a nerd, he is very unsure of himself around girls and don't know if they like him and when should he go the next step. There is a girl he like, her name is Jessie and he wants to get to know her better. He really really likes ballet and wants to be made into a ballet dancer.

What is surprising is even in this performing arts school, where people do drama, and poetry and dance and theater the reaction especially by the male population is what kind of man wants to be a ballet dancer. Even the girls were saying that now no girl will want to date him because of this.

Mack drives into Philadelphia to the Rock School to meet his made coach. His coach is a famous ballet dancer and choreographer and when you first meet him he like a drill sargent in the Marines. This is one tough guy and he shows no mercy to Mack. Mack starts in a beginners class with these little 7 and 8 yr old girls. Basically, he sucks, The teachers say he sucks, His mother says he is terrible and at one point he gets thrown out of class.

He has 4 weeks to prepare for an audition to dance in the Nutcracker and he has to take a partners class because he will be dancing with a girl and doing all the lifts.

Initially it is a disaster and at one point the coach sends him and his partner, Sophia to the lake and to practice the lifts, this way if he drops her she will land in water and not hurt herself. I mean it was scary watching him almost drop her in class. Sophia almost took a header. It is also scary cause Mack is 6 ft and when he holds her over his head her crotch is at 8 ft and her head is a good 12 ft up in the air that is a long way down.

Mack is not a whinner but with regular class work, being in the school play, having a major English project, and chemistry project and practicing balletn 2 or 3 hours a day when does he have the time. Don't know. Mom at one point is concerned about his grades and almost put her foot down to stop this. She and the coach have a long talk and everything is ok. At one point Mack is pretty happy cause his coach told him he no longer sucked he was just very bad.

Also we find out that Mack's father committed suicide several years ago and it has always been just him and his mom. His mom does mention that His father's suicide did hit Mack very hard. Also we learn that the girl Jessie that Mack hoped to hook up with hooked up with another guy. It was all over school, rumours were flying and several girls said this is what Jessie was like and they did not like what she had done. Mack talks to Jessie and she says she is sorry but she is seeing this other guy. Mack is very dissappointed and he says this is why he has problems trusting people. He took it hard.

At the audition Mack and Sophia make it and then there is more practice for the performance. I must say all the teachers at the school and during the auditions were very tough and at one point one said it is a very tough business, but all the other dancers were taking it in stride. Mack and Sophia do a creditable job at the school and everyone is surprised how well Mack did and how well he looked. All in all a very successfull story.

I liked this episode. That took a lot of dedication and guts for Mack to pursue this in high school but he did a decent job. I don't know if he did a better job than those other boys who has done this for more than a couple months but I think it was nice to give him the part, besides Sophia deserved it.

I like this show overall. It's a good ideal to pursue a dream that you normally wouldn't be privy too and most of the kids either don't have the access or confidence to really pursue on their own so I wouldn't mind doing this myself .
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I did forget to mention that Mack's coach got him permission to attend a dress rehearsal of a ballet company and he was going to have dinner at a fancy restaurent first. The coach asked Mack if he had a girl to go with and Mack sorta said he had (Jessie) but that had fallen through, the coach then goes hey there are plenty of girls here, he then called over Sophia and Mack asked her.

Mack and Sophia both clean up very nice and Sophia looks really cute with her hair down and in regular clothes. As they were walking to the restaurent Mack mentioned that it was kinda weird cause he knew her body better than her personality and Sophia agreed. They had a really nice dinner in this incredible 5 star restuarant. It was neat to watch 2 young adults enjoy it. Later they went to this dress rehearsal and gave the company a standing ovation. They were the only 2 folks in the entire theater. Mack mentioned how inspirational it was.

2/10 - new episode tonite watch after apprentice

just getting the word out that there is a new episode.

This is a story about Ian and Laura. Ian is a senior and a nerd who takes all AP classes, is in the marching band and a bit of the class clown. He has known Laura since the 6th grade and wants her to become his first girlfriend. How will he accomplish this? By entering Laura and himself into the school talent show as salsa dancers. By the way neither can dance.

They both meet their made coach who has been on Broadway and is a professional Salsa dancer. After the first practice. It was bad very bad, Ian goes back to speak to the coach about the real reason he is doing this and that is to get Laura to be his girl. The coach agrees to help. The coach tells him to speak to one of Laura's girl friends and get some info about what Laura likes to eat, what is her favorite color., movie, actress etc.... to my mind this is something Ian should already know. He has known her for 5 yrs and has had a crush on her that long and they are buddies he should know some of this stuff.

Anyway the running gag throughout this episode is that 95% of everything that Laura's friend, Katelyn told Ian was wrong.

While watching Dirty Dancing as part of their homework, Ian uses some of the information he got from Katelyn and asks Laura about Julia Roberts (supposedly her favortie actress) about his hair and if he should cut it etc... It was a disaster.

I think this will be a good experience for Ian cause he is definitely stepping out of his box and comfort zone. He is a nice looking kid with a bit of a nose but I think as an adult he will grow into it and be quite handsome. The dancing will definitely help him with how he moves, his self confidence and his future success with the ladies. I hope he will keep it up. The one thing that really bothered me about this episode was Ian's voice. As the class clown he has a lot of personality but when he becomes more serious his voice has such a monotone that it puts me to sleep and I stop caring about him as a person and I just wanted the episode over.

Ian and Laura continue well with their dance lessons but at times you could see the coach try not to cry out in frustration and despair that they would ever get it.

Ian cooks dinner for Laura. Penne vodka. Supposedly her favorite dish. She is allergic to pasta. She made Ian eat all these raw mushrooms and he ran to the bathroom and vomitted. Then she was upset that he finished making the salad with out washing his hands after vomitting. It did not go well.

At one point during practice Laura said she needed her space and she didn't want to hang out with him after practice. Can we all say she has found a guy. Later, there were all these rumours floating around school that Laura was hanging out with the best dressed guy in school. His name was Vic and he is a bit of a ladies man. Ian confronted/asked her and she did not deny that she had been hanging out with Vic.

Later Ian's coach and Katelyn took him to get some new clothes and a hair cut. Ian had very Saturday Night hair. But is looked so cool cut short. He actually got better looking and his nose looked a lot smaller. Even Vic said that Ian was now the best dressed kid in school . Ian got a lot of compliments on his new look. But his new look still did not get him the girl.

At the school talent show Ian and Laura were the last act and they did a good job. Even their coach said for their level of talent they did good. After the show was over, Ian finally admitted to Laura that he really liked her more than a friend but she turned him down and said she did not think of him that way. He said he respected her discision but I knew his heart was breaking. they agreed to remain pals and off into the spotlight they walked.

+ Reply to Thread