+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Made (MTV)

The 120 high school nerd who wants to be a football player

Christian, had me worrined this 120 lb kid wasnted to be MADE into a football player just to improve his social status. HHHHH. I just didn't see his motivation getting him what he wanted. Initally, I thought he wouldn't have the physical skills to make it, so I was pleasantly surprised. But then what happened? I don't know if it is teenagers in general but what happened Christian went to one practice then missed the next one cause his family took a long weekend trip to Martha's Vineyard. He didn't tell his footbal coach or his made coach and then thinks a wimpy apology will make things right.

What does surprise me is that Christian does stand up for himself and does tell people of but his timing is horrible, and doing that in a team sport where his has to prove himself a team player does not help win the respect of the team or coach. He runs a lot of laps.

What was funny was when his Made coach got him a blind date and he was instructed to act like a gentle man because girls like that. So what does he do. He goes through doors first practically closing them on his dates face. Laughs as his own jokes and has very poor conversation. In his own mind it was a great date. I felt sorry for the girl, and she was very generous in her confessional saying that Christian made her laugh. He has a lot to learn.

Toward the end after we learn that Christian's parents are sending him to boarding school, he says he will join the football team but I do not have high hopes. He eventually tells his Made coach that he is quitting football. I was expecting this, but Christian decided to go out for the cross country team. In his first meet he was the first finisher for his school. He had found his niche and the change in his smile and expression was amazing. He just wanted to find something that he was good at and he did.

new episode on nov 11th

just to let everyone know there will be repeat of an old episode at 9pm and then a new one at 10 pm.

New episodes Thurs at 10pm Jan 6

Finally MTV is showing more Made episodes. Today I saw episode 505 about a 4' 10" girl who wanted to be noticed. Not bad but since I already missed the first 25 minutes I really wasn't hooked in.

MTV switched nights from Wednesday to Thursday and of course did not advertise that the show was back on. Well at least there is something to watch on Thursdays.

Bearcata; I saw the recent one with Abby. She talks funny.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    I love this show!! I only wish it was around when I was in highschool It's great but I just wish they had more episodes. New shows are few and far between.

MTV repeated Abby's episode before the new 10pm show and it wasn't bad. Abby is only 4'10" and what surprised me is that she is athletic because she in on the girl's field hockey team. To me she seems so pudgy and no necked. I thought she needed to loose some weight. It may not hurt her to loose maybe 10 lbs cause she does have this pudgy face and very thick middle. But I think part of the problem is also her lack of self esteem makes her shrink into herself. It looks as if she draws her neck down into her body. I think this girl needs someone to help her walk tall.

The next episode was about Krystle an average student who wanted to run for Miss Junior Homecoming Queen. Her entire campaign was that an average kid should run and represent the student body as opposed to the 'cheerleaders and popular' girls. I liked how she had issues with her coach. The typical I don't want to be made over and I don't need that beauty queen crap. Looking back I wish I had the oppurtunity to have that type of coaching how to hold yourself up and make the most of your body and posture. I think it is invaluable thing that will help you in a lot of situtations in real life. I also liked that Krystle's made coach made her go out and campaign and introduce herself to the student body and ask them to vote for her. Also, even after her makeover, Krystle was still herself a full figured teenager with bad skin and dental problems, but the style crew really made the most of her and she looked great.

To all the people out there with bad skin regardless of any age. Please, try Proactive, it really works. I have adult onset acne and this stuff cleared up my skin. The reason I even bring this up is I see so many kids and adults with this problem and I know the pain of thinking of everyone is looking at my zits. And lets face it kids are mean to people who have acne. Enough said. I am getting off my soap box now.

This episode of Made was one of the best. I am really happy she won.

Another good episode of Made. This time is was a theater kid named Dov Rubinstein who wanted to be a wrestler on his high school team so the other kids would stop picking on him.

I liked this kid, he was involved in the theater group, he could sing, and dance and play the sax. He was very well spoken and seemed to know himself very well. What really impressed me is that he went into this full force and never quit or whined or complained how hard it was, or how mean his coach was or any other type or hissy fit that I have seen other kids throw.

For a person who is a dancer I was a little surprised how little endurance he had as a runner. Dancing is hard work and he should have had more endurance.

FORT Newbie
    Wow, I can't believe this exists and even more surprised I randomly found it. This is Abby, and I was that "un hip hop ministers' daughter." I think you made a few assumptions about me from the show- which is exactly what the producers wanted. "Chaste and virgin"- there's nothing about that on the show.

Ummm, I am plenty passionate about some things. Some was edited, but a lot of it I didn't really show too much on the show. I am a really private person in general. However, with friends I am the goofball who is always fooling around.

Basically there was a lot of my life wasn't even on the show and I think it's a little presumptuous of you to make such judgements that I am going to have problems later in life or that I will burn out in college. My philosophies weren't even touched on the show. Ask any of my friends, I am incredibly laid back and I don't take myself too seriously at all.

Also, someone made a typo- "Abby" is not 4'10", pudgy and on the field hockey team.

I think my favorite ones were: skateboarding & high school graduation.

I'm a little bored with the dancers, homecoming queens, & beauty pageants. I preferred the earlier Mades because recently there's been too many beauty makeovers that it seems superificial after a while. The wrestling one wasn't too bad though, it was refreshing to see a kid that didn't give up or complain the whole way through.

+ Reply to Thread