+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Made (MTV)

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Meet Nadia, a very shy Asian girl who wants to be made into her high school's American Idol.

We are in New York City. Nadia is the stereotypical smart very shy Asian girl. She wants to sing her the Central Valley High School version of American Idol known as Central Idol. Her problem is her shyness. Nadia thinks everyone judges her and her actions and she does her best to fade into the woodwork she is literally frozen thinking everyone is watching her and her actions. She even has this smile on her face that looks frozen on. She walks slouched over as if trying to hide. She will be competing against some very talented girls, Marcey and Adina. She meets her Made coach in the middle of dance class when he shows up dressed in a cow costume and giving her a singing telegram. The thing is she needs to meet her coach in a park in town not knowing that the 'mad cow' was her coach. At the park she walks all over looking for her coach. She sees the guy who was the 'made cow' coaching a singer and what does she do? She walks up to the singer and asks if she is her made coach. Finally the 'mad cow' introduces himself as her Made coach. His name is Seth and he coaches singers and is a conductor on Broadway. Seth sees his biggest job as throwing Nadia into difficult humiliating situations to get over her shyness. He brings in 3 of his colleagues to be Nadia's audience and she totally freezes up. She feels torn apart as they critique her. Later he makes her sing in front of some of her classmates. Again she freezes, crys and refuses to sing. A true Made moment. Later Seth says what did they learn from that. she is incredibly stubborn in her refusal to sing , but that can be a good thing and all in all it was not that bad because her school friends did not judge her they supported her. Seth continueally trys to stretch Nadia's self confidence by teaching her to walk and to hold herself up high regardless of the embarassing situations.

Finally, Nadia sighs up for the Central Idol contest. She has to pick a song and picks Lady Marmalade. Suffice to say Seth is blown away by her choice, partly because it is so not like Nadia and the song is supposed to reflect the singer. Seth and Nadia throw themselves into practice. During the auditions Nadia comes in and I was afraid she would freeze but she manages to make it thru. Ten girls make the cut. Nadia is number 10. They go to a stylist and get an outfit. Nadia starts to talk to other girls in the contest, because she will be rapping a part of the song and they other girls have a hard time believing she will be able to do that. In fact the other girls, Marcey and Adina are very helpful and supportive of her. Nadia get 3 girls to be her backup vocals.

The day of the competition Nadia reminds me of me. So nervous she is talking a mile a minute. Seth shows up with a makeup artis who styles her hair and does her makeup. The stylist helps her with her outfit. Seth is proud of Nadia cause she does not seem nervous at all buy on a high and with lots of self confidence. Right before she goes on Nadia has a panic attack and she looks as if she is hyperventilating and I thought she might pass out. She manages to get together and goes out and performs and looks great, moves great but I don't know if there were copyright issues or maybe sound issues or she didn't sound so great because the vocals were not good ( you could barely her them) and you really didn't get a feel of how she sounded. Nadia did not win, Marcey did but you can see that this is the best thing she could have done for herself. I see the real Nadia and not the frozen shell she previously showed the world. She is still a sweet shy girl but it was natural and not a frozen smile plastered on her face.
    She was really cute. I think Nadia grew a lot from her experiences. I went to MTV's Overdrive, but they didn't have any post-Made moments, just some clips of the show. I want her black and white tweed pea coat! I thought her style was really cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Erin_go_bragh View Post
    She was really cute. I think Nadia grew a lot from her experiences. I went to MTV's Overdrive, but they didn't have any post-Made moments, just some clips of the show. I want her black and white tweed pea coat! I thought her style was really cute...
    What I think is great is that even seeing how overpowering her shyness was she still could see that she had a problem and in the most public of ways tried to solve it.

One thing I love about these shows is how supportive and understanding some of the high schoolers can be.

New Episode on 12/28

Its about a girl who wants to become a rapper.

New Episodes start Jan 2nd, Monday at 4:30pm

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Its about a girl who wants to become a rapper.
    My beloved TV Guide has failed me. It said that there would be a new ep this Wed 12/28 and I believed them. Offically, the season will continue on Mondays at 4:30pm and the next new ep is on Jan 2nd. It even says so on the MTV site.

The schedule change sucks now I have to decide between Judge Judy and Made.

Mondays at 4:30??? What the heck is that? I saw that Made had dropped off my record list for this week, but that's a REALLY odd time to be showing it Thank goodness the DVR will pick it up at any time cause I'm not normally home then.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022 View Post
    Mondays at 4:30??? What the heck is that? I saw that Made had dropped off my record list for this week, but that's a REALLY odd time to be showing it Thank goodness the DVR will pick it up at any time cause I'm not normally home then.
    I don't know maybe because of lack of programming at this time of yr MTV figures it might pick up extra after school viewers????

omg that episode with that girl who wants to be a rapper was halarious. I laughed so hard when she was laughing at the way her coach was text messaging her. I was like Umm isn't that how your suppose to text message. And than she was like "Omg I'm in the hood". I was laughing so hard because she was no where close to the "hood". It looked alot more like a college party than the "hood". Oh and she can't rap worth sh*t.

Comments on the Rapper Ep first new show of 2006

Genevieve wants to be a rapper. Well, I certainly, hope she goes very far away from home when she goes to college. I am amazed how prim and proper she is especially coming from a 2 generation artists family, (didn't get what great grandma did) and living in Sedona, Arizona home of the New Age Physic Phemomena. Land of Vortexes and health spas and artist colonies where you can express all your creativity. This girl is wound up as tight as can be.

At first I thought her family would be supper against her doing this but she stated her case, I liked her reasoning, they listened and wow it was ok. That did surprise me.

I did like how her Made Coach made her meet him in the kindergarten's classroom and have the little ones help her with her first rap lesson.

Lesson1: all rap does not start with YO, that is so 80's.

Rapper comments part deux

Genevieve is stiff and very guarded. The more I watch this the more obvious this is. Attlas, her coach takes her to the Phoenix, 'hood' for the weekend. The people are very nice, but she is out of her environment. He takes her to a hip hop class to learn a dance, so she can teach it to a group of backup dancers she will have to recruit. For a musician she has no rythym. She does try to teach a group of girls the dance and later show it to Attlas, but that did not go well. Later, Gen takes the group back to dance studio and has the choreographer show them the dance routine again until the girls can do it. The girls take Gen to the mall for a bit of a makeover and then convince her to tell Ryan, her secret crush and the captain of the football team that she likes him. Gen is not happy with the clothing makeover and her grandma thinks it is trashy and cheat. Regardless, Gen goes to school and tells Ryan that she thinks he is cool and can they hang out together sometime. He tells her that he is booked up that week. Gen thinks he is an [mod edit]. Later Attlas, her made coach, takes her to his studio and shows her some tracks, he makes her read the Romeo and Juliet soliliqy to a hip hop beat, he gives her assignments to overcome her shyness, such as swaggering in to the local barber shop and rapping an introduction. That didn't go well. Attlas, tells her to rap with some kids at school. She challenged to a battle and ambushed by MC Wiggles, who is the school champion, and looks a total nerd, but he has a mouth. Attlas, and Gen then work on her presentation that she will give during the school pep rally.

Attlas, wants Genevieve to preform at a club called The Chop Shop but she has a panic attack and tries to climb over a chain link fence. He then takes her to a house party to try again but it is so loud the cops shut it down. Genevieve is thanking the cops for showing up. Unfortunately, the next day Attlas, takes her to a retirement home and makes her rap to the seniors during diner. (Ahh,, they can't escape, poor seniors) actually, it goes well.

Gen still has to battle MC Wiggles and is practicing at home running her lines past Attlas, but her disapporves and says it is obscene. Attlas, tells mom that MC Wiggles disrespected Gen and she must fight back. Later, at school practicing the dance routine with some of her girls, one introduces her brother Carlos, to Gen and they end up out on Gen's very first date. She really likes him and is glad that Ryan dissed her. Carlos, is a real gentleman and kisses her hand good night. Next, Attlast, takes Gen to get some clothes for her presentation and get her hair cut. They must cust off a good 6 or 7 inches and layers it and I must say it takes of yrs from her face. At school she is having a big run through on her presentation and it is not going well.

Its showtime and it looks as it all the kids want to see Gen fail, no one seems to think she can do it. Well, she does and than later that day battles MC Wiggles and wins.

If nothing else this was the time for Gen to rebel and crack her shell.
    Last edited by Amanda; 02-20-2006 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMADDICT99 View Post
    omg that episode with that girl who wants to be a rapper was halarious. I laughed so hard when she was laughing at the way her coach was text messaging her. I was like Umm isn't that how your suppose to text message. And than she was like "Omg I'm in the hood". I was laughing so hard because she was no where close to the "hood". It looked alot more like a college party than the "hood". Oh and she can't rap worth sh*t.
    The point of the show isn't that for Genevieve to be able to rap worth sh*t, its for her to get out of her comfort zone. She is at least able to speak out and have a voice and let the kids know she is there and that is what she wanted and that is what she accomplished.

+ Reply to Thread