+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World Philadelphia Premieres September 7th

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    My faves have always been BtNY and Boston.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I agree Amy, I loved Boston!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Hmm, my favorites are San Francisco and Seattle. I feel old.
    Ludicrous speed!

ahaha that preview show that night was pretty funny. Frankie and Robin look different. Dan was waaay funny. I think I'll have to tpae it when it reruns today.

The sad thing is . . . I've seen every episode of all 14 seasons. Talk about an addict.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Me too KA - this was my cherry reality show. I started watching it when I was like 11 or 12 years old!

My favorite? Las Vegas
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

August 23, 2004 -- THEY don't call it the City of Brotherly Love for nothing.
    The cast for the 15th season of "The Real World," set in the Old City in Philadelphia, includes not one, but two gay cast members including one (as yet unidentified) who tackles coming out of the closet on the show.

"People are very political in this house," says Sarah, a 22-year-old cast member from Tampa, Fla., who is known as the house vamp.

"We have political debates, and there are issues of race and sexuality with two gay men in the house," she says.

This "Real World" cast is also older and more mature than crews in the past. All of them are over 21 five who are over the age of 23.

"It's so much more enjoyable to be among people who are more your peers," says Sarah. "If I were stuck in a house with an 18-year-old . . . I'm not that patient."

The show debuts Sept. 7.

Other cast members are:

* Willy, a 23-year-old, gay Puerto Rican New Yorker who wears John Galliano and loves Josh Duhamel;

* Karamo, a handsome African American who wears baggy jeans and would love to meet Homer Simpson;

* M.J., a blond playboy from Tennessee who learned about the audition by "making out" with the right girl;

* Landon, 24, a former wrestler who is getting over a seven-year relationship;

* Melanie, 22, an adorable blonde who is in a long-distance relationship;

* and Shavonda, a stunning African-American woman who has an earring in the cartilage-part of her ear lobe. Very cool.

As in past "Real World" seasons, the townies provided at least some of the drama.

Shavonda and Landon made headlines here by igniting a brawl at a local nightclub that landed a 22-year-old man in the hospital.

"We're chilling at this club and a Philly local wanted to be on camera or something, and he started disrespecting me, and one of my male roommates stepped up instinctively and said, 'You don't disrespect my roommate like that,' " says Shavonda. "Then security got us out because we didn't start it, and the right people were reprimanded."

The seven cast members held the final "move out" of their palatial, 10,000-square-foot mansion this past weekend.

A former bank and the Seamen's Church Institute, the century-old house is located within walking distance of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.

The building was completely gutted and transformed into a wonderland for this show equipped with a basketball court, pool table, a video-game arcade, two Jacuzzis, a massage chair, an aquarium and a complete gym.

A blue entrance door leads into the mansion and a massive black olive tree grows from a pot in the middle of the floor. The stainless steel kitchen is to the right and a red living room with a computer station and a phone room is in the back.

Upstairs are the purple room (where the roommates sleep) and the yellow room (which consists entirely of pillows).

The bathroom has four Vischy showers and a hammock strung in the middle of the sink area so that the guys can watch the girls get ready to go out.

Deep in the basement is the confession room an ominous, former bank vault where cast members divulge their secret thoughts to a camera.

There was also romance in the series.

"I don't know about love, but there's definitely . . . there's more than romance," says Shavonda. "There's a strong bond between some people in the house and it evolves into something a little bit more."

The cast, who also went on an on-camera vacation to Fiji for a week, became so close that they each got tattoos with the inscription XV for "Real World 15."
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/29253.htm

Rwo gay house members? This should be interesting.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    hmmm the 2nd gay cast member must be Karamo.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    hmmm the 2nd gay cast member must be Karamo.
    After all... anyone that actually wants to meet Homer Simpson absolutely must be gay.

I wonder if that's kind of what Shavonda kind of alludes to with her "i dont know if it's love....." comment.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread