+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica (Season 3)

In my experience, no. I don't make a habit of forming relationships with insecure and petty people. Therefore, the women I befriend aren't going to be intimidated by every attractive woman they see, Hooter's waitress or otherwise.

that's good.

but statistically your friends are a rarity

As I agree with you on how Nick viewed Hooters waitressing realistically and Jessica was purely judgemental (she admitted never having been to a Hooters and not wanting to) I wanted to point out that when Jessica asked how Nick would feel if his daughter worked at Hooters, he admitted he would be PO'd. Now why would he feel that way if there was no stigma to being a Hooters waitress?

good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Watches2MuchTV
    As I agree with you on how Nick viewed Hooters waitressing realistically and Jessica was purely judgemental (she admitted never having been to a Hooters and not wanting to) I wanted to point out that when Jessica asked how Nick would feel if his daughter worked at Hooters, he admitted he would be PO'd. Now why would he feel that way if there was no stigma to being a Hooters waitress?
    I was gonna say that but you said it for me. I was agreeing with Nick as well-he made some valid points-but then he admitted he would be pissed if his daughter worked there, thus allowing Jessica to "win" the argument.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

That's because a father's feelings towards his daughters do not have anything to do with logic, so his rational argument would not work if you asked him anything about a hypothetical daughter. For example: "Nick, is it alright for women to have sex?" Nick: "Oh yeah, sure!" "Well, do you want your daughter to have sex?" Nick's gut reaction: "What? No way!"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    It usually is after a year! It definitely changes almost 180 degrees a year later. Somewhere around 9 months...I would say...
    Don't you mean more like 98 Degrees?

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    That's because a father's feelings towards his daughters do not have anything to do with logic, so his rational argument would not work if you asked him anything about a hypothetical daughter. For example: "Nick, is it alright for women to have sex?" Nick: "Oh yeah, sure!" "Well, do you want your daughter to have sex?" Nick's gut reaction: "What? No way!"

Well put, and understood... Thanks for the insight.

Don't you mean more like 98 Degrees?

Sorry.

I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I know! I always ask hypothetical questions like this one-to my husband. It's so funny when it happens...it makes me win a lot of arguments. Also, he says all the time "Well, those girls aren't my daughters." Then I say "Well, they are somebody's daughters."
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread